Search
Register
Movies, Movies, Movies
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

ROTTY

Sarcastro wrote:
ROTTY wrote:
Just saw The Raid. Amazing Indonesian movie. Best martial arts / action film I have seen ever! Go watch this at the cinema if you get the chance.

some of the kills in that movie are amazing. There was a round of applause by our theatre at the end of the final boss battle.

When i saw it, there was only about 7 people in the whole theatre mainly due to "I dont do subtitles" attitude you get in Croydon. But we all cheered laughed and went oooooowa at the same bits. It was all very harmonious.
Post Tue May 29, 2012 10:49 am
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

i watched Martha Marcy May Marlene last night. really really good.

if you aren't familiar it's about a girl who leaves a cult-like group to live with her sister. stars Elizabeth Olson (Mary Kate and Ashley's older sister) and she kills it!
Post Tue May 29, 2012 12:48 pm
mancabbage

ooooh shit, i wanted to see that and we need to talk about kevin and completely forgot about them. I shall obtain
Post Tue May 29, 2012 2:41 pm
Captiv8

Shit. I watched Paul last night and it was mediocre. I know it's really hard to replicate the genius of Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, but this was something of a let down. There were funny moments and cutesy bits, but I think the biggest problem was that it took place in America and that it was littered with recognizable funny types like Kristin Wiig, Bill Hader, Joe lo Truglio, and Jason Bateman. The whole thing was one big nerdgasm homage to other movies as well, like Back to the Future and Aliens, which was cool. There was just this missing snappy element to the dialogue that, bless Pegg and Frost, was to the detriment of the movie.
Post Tue May 29, 2012 3:13 pm
mancabbage

yeah that movie was a biiiig let down, way too try hard, if you wana see nick frost in something funny check attack the block
Post Tue May 29, 2012 3:44 pm
Captiv8

The World's End promises to be a much more engaging and humorous return to form for Pegg and Frost. I just hope that it isn't a rehashing of Shaun of the Dead. Then again, if the humor level of that movie can be attained once more it wouldn't be such a bad thing. Just as long as it's better than that Danny Dyer gem Doghouse.
Post Tue May 29, 2012 5:42 pm
anomaly
Loserface

Rampart......man, what a pile of shit. It's Woody Harrelson smoking for 104 minutes and somehow marketed as a movie. Movie had no ending because even the director got bored and just put it out of its misery.
Post Tue May 29, 2012 7:34 pm
poopsnack

Just saw Snow White and the Huntsman in the theatre. Too many lulls. Some great CGI and make up... but save your hard earned duckets.
Post Tue May 29, 2012 8:37 pm
name

Enjoy this gem from Crispin Glover

http://www.crispinglover.com/whatisittralerwebfour.mov
Post Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 am
Brynjar

Just watched the new Muppets movie and I liked it, I think it's my 2nd fav. Muppets movie even tho it got big problems.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:31 am
Captiv8

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was dull as fuck. So much so Icouldn't get past 20 minutes of it. At no point did I feel compelled to care about the mole, or any of the characters. I shouldn't have to wait that long to know or be concerned about the plotline. I appreciate all of the acting talent in this movie, but this has to be one of the worst directing and writing jobs on a major film I've seen in a while.

My Week With Marilyn was much better. I don't think it was phenomenal by any means, but it was a decent movie all around. I'm not a big fan of Michelle William, but I think she did really well in this role. Eddie Redmayne was really good, and Kenneth Branagh, as usual, was fantastic as Laurence Olivier. I didn't really expect to like this movie, but I was pleasantly surprised.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:39 am
ROTTY

Captiv8 wrote:
Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy was dull as fuck. So much so Icouldn't get past 20 minutes of it. At no point did I feel compelled to care about the mole, or any of the characters. I shouldn't have to wait that long to know or be concerned about the plotline. I appreciate all of the acting talent in this movie, but this has to be one of the worst directing and writing jobs on a major film I've seen in a while.

Yeah. I found it very hardwork in the beginning. It paid off in the end as I found myself invested. Loved Gary oldman in it.
Post Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:49 pm
Brynjar

Post Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:57 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Prometheus was crazy awesome, and crazy, Excellent sci-fi ,

its def one of those movies where you gotta sit and think about it after its over,,

it is an alien prequel , but dont watch thinkin its an "alien" movie, its on a whole new level of weirdness (weird in a good sci fi way)

still alot of questions that im sure can be answered within the movies details, im just putting it together right now

anyone else here see this yet?

lets talk
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:48 pm
Captiv8

Take Shelter was amazing! Michael Shannon delivers another superb performance (in a role actually a bit similar to Bug), and Jessica Chastain is great too. The basic premise is that Shannon's character begins to have these hallucinations and delusions about an impending storm and thus becomes fixated on building a storm shelter. That sounds really simple, and admittedly the film moves slowly, but it was really engaging. Check it out.
Post Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:59 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 57, 58, 59  Next