Search
Register
NFL 2011
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

spagucci-one

Captiv8 wrote:
Kyle Williams two muffed punts definitely cost the 49ers the game. There are a bunch of other factors, sure, but goddamn. Handle the ball. Did not want to see the Giants in the Super Bowl. Oh, and Alex Smith was so unbelievably anti-clutch in the fourth.

Don't forget about Williams' fumble during the reverse that he got back, so he technically had 3 turnovers. I feel bad for him because I feel his turnover in OT lost the 9ers SB birth. Didn't think the Giants could win but gotta tip the cap to them.
Post Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:16 pm
remind

Captiv8 wrote:
Kyle Williams two muffed punts definitely cost the 49ers the game. There are a bunch of other factors, sure, but goddamn. Handle the ball. Did not want to see the Giants in the Super Bowl. Oh, and Alex Smith was so unbelievably anti-clutch in the fourth.

Haha maybe when the Giants win it all, you'll actually give them credit. "See this is why the Packers shouldn't have sat Rodgers", "Ahh yeah it was the muffed punts". IT DOESN'T MATTER THAT YOU DIDN'T WANT TO SEE THE GIANTS IN THE SUPERBOWL.

I tried to tell you guys but no one wanted to listen.

GIANTS, BABYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!! (can't believe we have a rematch, this is so awesome hahaha you fuckers are going down! AGAIN!!!)
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:06 am
Captiv8

Getting to the Super Bowl and losing is worse than not making it at all. Just ask the Bills. The Patriots have this one in the bag.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:29 am
Jack

Captiv8 wrote:
Getting to the Super Bowl and losing is worse than not making it at all. Just ask the Bills. The Patriots have this one in the bag.

Have this one in the bag? Really? Despite the fact the giants offense matches up very well against the patriots defense and the giants defense matches up really good against the patriots? Don't get me wrong, I think this will be a good game, but in the bag? No
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:40 am
Captiv8

Jack wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:

Have this one in the bag? Really? Despite the fact the giants offense matches up very well against the patriots defense and the giants defense matches up really good against the patriots? Don't get me wrong, I think this will be a good game, but in the bag? No

I'm just talking a little shit, man. I have no vested interest in either team. On the one hand, it would be awesome if Eli Manning could surpass Peyton in Super Bowl victories. I can't see the Colts making it again. I like Victor Cruz as well, so there's that. On the other hand, I like Brady and Gronkowski. All I'm really hoping for is a competitive game. All of that being said, if I were a betting man I'd go with the Patriots.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:46 am
mattrego

Wow. I was fired up last night. Haha.

You know, I've done some things in my life I am proud of. Some unique things. I have plans to start some new ventures that I will also be proud of. But nothing, nothing, fires me up more than the New England Pro Sports teams and their success. Nothing. I can't explain it. I don't know why. It consumes me. All of it. Local sports talk radio, the gossip surrounding the teams, beer and chicken, etc.... My wife thinks I'm insane.

I moved out of RI in 1996 and returned here in 2009. I didn't live here for the championships from '01 to '07, but I rooted from afar. I'll tell ya, it is totally different living here during it. It's insane. Rooting for laundry. I can't wait for February 5th and the 2 weeks of all the bullshit leading up to it.

Anyway, carry on with the football talk.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:44 pm
mzehe916

mattrego wrote:
Wow. I was fired up last night. Haha.

You know, I've done some things in my life I am proud of. Some unique things. I have plans to start some new ventures that I will also be proud of. But nothing, nothing, fires me up more than the New England Pro Sports teams and their success. Nothing. I can't explain it. I don't know why. It consumes me. All of it. Local sports talk radio, the gossip surrounding the teams, beer and chicken, etc.... My wife thinks I'm insane.

I moved out of RI in 1996 and returned here in 2009. I didn't live here for the championships from '01 to '07, but I rooted from afar. I'll tell ya, it is totally different living here during it. It's insane. Rooting for laundry. I can't wait for February 5th and the 2 weeks of all the bullshit leading up to it.

Anyway, carry on with the football talk.

This post makes you sound insane. Is this you?
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 pm
mattrego

I hope not.
Post Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:33 pm
Captiv8

The more I think about the more I think that Cruz, Hixom, and Manningham can really be troublesome for the Patriots D. Cruz in particular continues to impress me as a receiver. He's having an awesome season for an undrafted free agent out of fucking UMass. I didn't even know they had a football team. Good for him, and good for the Giants. At any rate, Manning will have to be seriously on point.

Edit: After a little more research, it turns out that Cruz has set a record for most receiving yards for a rookie. Amazing. Not bad for a guy that started as the fourth wideout.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:47 am
spagucci-one

Captiv8 wrote:
The more I think about the more I think that Cruz, Hixom, and Manningham can really be troublesome for the Patriots D. Cruz in particular continues to impress me as a receiver. He's having an awesome season for an undrafted free agent out of fucking UMass. I didn't even know they had a football team. Good for him, and good for the Giants. At any rate, Manning will have to be seriously on point.

Edit: After a little more research, it turns out that Cruz has set a record for most receiving yards for a rookie. Amazing. Not bad for a guy that started as the fourth wideout.

Wasn't Cruz a rookie in 2010? He played 3 games in 2010 and had the huge stat of 0.00 that season.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:34 am
Captiv8

I don't know what the story is exactly, but perhaps you need to play a certain amount of the season before you enter non-rookie status. I'm going off Wikipedia, the bastion of reliable information. At any rate, 1500+ yards in a season is still impressive.
Post Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:06 pm
Jared Paul

I gotta say, I really feel like the Pats are the underdogs here. I think about Tuck, Osi, Pierre-Paul, Kiwanuka, and Canty, and the ability they have to rush the passer; the strength of their running backs; the strength of their receivers; the way Eli's been playing; their confidence and over all physical play... and I get knots in my damned stomach.

On top of that all Gronkowski's hurt. He'll play, but he won't be 100% at all.

If Eli wins, that means Brady, Ben, and him will be the only active QB's in the game with 2 Super Bowl wins. If the Giants win this, he's unquestionably going to be considered Top 3 or 4 QB's in the league; instant Hall of Famer. Shit, he's probably already going to the hall for beating the first ever undefeated team.

Both Teams are in a different stratosphere then they were back in week 9. That game was so close. No way to call how this one'll go. The best thing I think we've got going for us is that we're the underdog or close to being the underdog again. We flew under the radar kind of this season. Like we used to do. This team plays better when they feel disrespected and doubted...
Post Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
remind

"All downhill from here just like the Patriots."

Sorry, Jared.
Post Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:54 am
Jared Paul

3 days to go...
Post Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mattrego

I had a whole routine planned for this game. Watch at home with the animals and my wife, have 3 beers prior to kickoff, and then chew some tobacco for the remainder of the game. Due to the shitty start for the pats, I changed it up and started slugging beers after the 1st quarter. Gonna stick with that. I'm a little shitfaced but the pats got a 10-9 lead and the ball back to start the 2nd half. Felling good. I'm 38 years old. Yup.
Post Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:08 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42  Next