Profile
Search
Register
Log in
NFL 2011
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Author Message
Limbs



Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 903
 Reply with quote  

^Why the hell aren't they airing it live?

ETA: Oh my god, stupid black out. Has to be the dumbest rule for anything ever.
Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
adic



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 727
Location: SJC
 Reply with quote  

The black out rule is the worst shit ever! especially for pre-season games...

As a Raider fan living in the bay area, the only way I get to see a home game is if I go to the game, every game these days is blacked out. I always go to 3-4 games a year, but can't afford to go to them all. It's such an asshole approach, basically saying to the local fan base, "if enough of you don't come out, fuck you... you can't watch it on TV then"

Fuck You NFL and your stupid fuggin black out rule!
Post Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:43 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
selfworth



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1109
Location: maryland
 Reply with quote  

adic wrote:
The black out rule is the worst shit ever! especially for pre-season games...

As a Raider fan living in the bay area, the only way I get to see a home game is if I go to the game, every game these days is blacked out. I always go to 3-4 games a year, but can't afford to go to them all. It's such an asshole approach, basically saying to the local fan base, "if enough of you don't come out, fuck you... you can't watch it on TV then"

Fuck You NFL and your stupid fuggin black out rule!


i know, shit sucks, i'm on the east coast and never get to see oakland games, i wish it were like the old days when there was always like 3 or 4 games on at all times on sunday. you actually had a choice then. i refuse to switch to direct tv just so i can have football.so i just stream the games all season. have you checked out the partial season packages they offer to try to save some money?
Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:49 am
 View user's profile Send private message
phataccino



Joined: 10 Jan 2004
Posts: 4772
 Reply with quote  

selfworth wrote:
i wish it were like the old days when there was always like 3 or 4 games on at all times on sunday. you actually had a choice then.

When was it ever like this? As long as I can remember it's always been two networks with day games on Sundays (with one of them having a double header), then Monday night football. With a Sunday night game now and the NFL Network airing Thursday night games 10 weeks or so there's more football on TV than ever.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Inedible Condiment



Joined: 30 Sep 2008
Posts: 1045
Location: Halifax, NS
 Reply with quote  

I remember being able to get a different game on MITV (sort of a local channel, picks up mostly Fox programming now, but was more independant before) one on CBS and one on FOX. Those certainly were the days... at least you could pick from an eagles game a giants game or a pats game. Every now and then Rams game, because they were the shit back then.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:49 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
leifkolt



Joined: 01 May 2009
Posts: 293
Location: Where good people go to die.
 Reply with quote  

Got my fingers crossed that stafford doesn't crumble like a gingerbread man again this year.
Post Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:24 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
selfworth



Joined: 07 Jun 2004
Posts: 1109
Location: maryland
 Reply with quote  

phataccino wrote:
selfworth wrote:
i wish it were like the old days when there was always like 3 or 4 games on at all times on sunday. you actually had a choice then.

When was it ever like this? As long as I can remember it's always been two networks with day games on Sundays (with one of them having a double header), then Monday night football. With a Sunday night game now and the NFL Network airing Thursday night games 10 weeks or so there's more football on TV than ever.


when i was a kid there was always 3 to 4 games on during the first time slot, then the same at the 4 slot, then the one night game. maybe that was just in this area, but that how it was when i was young. that was the early 80's
Post Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 am
 View user's profile Send private message
T-Wrex
p00ny tang


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 6405
Location: Detroit, Michigan
 Reply with quote  

i think Stafford is going to be great..

among starting/potential starting QB's this year, only Cam Newton is younger by about a year. Stafford is younger than Dalton, Bradford, McCoy, Tebow, Kaepernick and four years younger than Kolb. He's only 2 weeks older than Christian Ponder and 4 months older than Jake Locker.

and he's like Rainman when it comes to football..

Suh too.. Suh is the shit.. Legit shit..

This is like Reggie WHite and Favre V2.0...



next Saturday.... Brady vs Stafford in prime time for the first half...
Game 3 in the preseason is always the one to watch....
Post Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Eric B



Joined: 30 May 2005
Posts: 1327
Location: Omaha, Ne
 Reply with quote  

Terrelle Pryor to the Raiders. Jamarcus 2.0? I think Al wanted him because he ran a 4.36
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
adic



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 727
Location: SJC
 Reply with quote  

Not Jamarcus 2.0... A classic Al pick though, they'll probably make him a WR, but I'd like to see them at least try and develop him as a QB first...
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8547
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

Eric B wrote:
Terrelle Pryor to the Raiders. Jamarcus 2.0? I think Al wanted him because he ran a 4.36


My thoughts exactly. I'm not rooting for Pryor in any way, shape, or form though, and I think he will crash and burn quickly.

I am, however, exacted for Plaxico Burress getting right back into the game like he was playing ball in the prison yard everyday on some Burt Reynolds type shit. Jared Paul will hate me for this, but I still have a softie for the Jets.
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
adic



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 727
Location: SJC
 Reply with quote  

Why Prior is not Jamarcus 2.0

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2011/08/22/pryor-russell-comparisons-are-laughable/
Post Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
Jared Paul



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 3720
Location: www.PrayersForAtheists.org
 Reply with quote  

leifkolt wrote:
Got my fingers crossed that stafford doesn't crumble like a gingerbread man again this year.


He certainly looked good last night.
Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
T-Wrex
p00ny tang


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 6405
Location: Detroit, Michigan
 Reply with quote  

I think Stafford is something like 24-31, 350+ yds, 5 TD, 0 INT in all three games combined..

He's awesome.. He plays QB like a 2md Baseman turning a double play.. He makes throwing a football look natural...
Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:38 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Jack



Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 679
 Reply with quote  

T-Wrex wrote:
I think Stafford is something like 24-31, 350+ yds, 5 TD, 0 INT in all three games combined..

He's awesome.. He plays QB like a 2md Baseman turning a double play.. He makes throwing a football look natural...


Yes he does. But he also looks like a 2nd basemen that gets hurt everytime the runner sliding into 2nd tries to break up the play. Unfortunately
Post Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:10 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon