Search
Register
Tracy Morgan & the Homophobic Rant (Updated)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

He has always resembled Jimmy Walker but it's not until recently that he has resembled MC Hammer. I require validation on that observation as I put together such a wonderful presentation.
Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:36 pm
Confidential

box johnson wrote:
jrspudsquad wrote:
...And the only point i was making in my last post is that the actual action of punching a baby is not funny in any context. Someone joking about punching a baby in the absurdist context that they would never actually do it can be funny. Makes sense?

Again, my point is that people probably perceived Tracy Morgan was, for lack of a better phrase, punching a gay baby. At that point, the absurdism only adds to the horror. The quintessential example would be a co-worker saying something borderline rude, then claiming it was all in good fun.

And again, I'm not begging a question. I'm simply applying a theory of humor to a situation.

Something about this dialog reminds me of a Monty Python sketch.
Post Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:50 pm
Bob_ptmfus

Haha, he really has no filter.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b249643_tracy_morgan_under_fire_again_mocking.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Tracy Morgan may want to invest in a bus, because his apology tour may not be over just yet.

The Arc, a nonprofit advocacy group serving people with intellectual and developmental disabilities, is the latest organization demanding an apology from the comedian for remarks he made during his stand-up routine Saturday—his first performance since his infamous antigay rant.

Uh-oh.

What'd he say now?

This time Tracy ranted about "retarded kids" and "cripples." Oh boy.

The 30 Rock actor put his foot in his mouth this time while performing two hourlong shows on Saturday night at Caroline's comedy club in New York, where he once again denied he was homophobic and claimed his father was the lead singer of the Village People.

But during his routine, things once again went south for the comic when he began telling the crowd not to "mess with women who have retarded kids."

"Them young retarded males is strong," he said. "They're strong like chimps."

He then segued into a bit about hooking up with a girl he called "a cripple" with a dialysis machine and a prosthetic arm, while groans could reportedly be heard from the crowd.

"Tracy Morgan should apologize immediately," The Arc's CEO, Peter Berns, told E! News. "This quote is far too offensive to be excused as comedy, and it is very hurtful to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.

"Mr. Morgan has an incredibly powerful platform from which to fix this, and if he's learned anything in the last few weeks, he can't bomb this apology," Berns added.

It was the comic's first time onstage since his June 3 show, in which he said he'd "stab" his son if he came out as gay.

He had argued that homosexuality is a choice because "God don't make mistakes" and joked about the antibullying movement, saying gays nee to "quit being p--sies."

"If they can take a f--king d--k up their a--...they can take a f--king joke," he said.

He quickly issued an apology, saying he went too far and "was not funny in any context."

Then Tracy kept apologizing. And apologizing some more. He met with young gay teens and visited Nashville again to say sorry to anyone he offended with his rant.

That resulted in GLAAD officials saying Tracy actually ended up drawing much-needed attention to issues that gays face.

Time will tell whether people with intellectual and developmental disabilities will feel the same way about Morgan's publicized onstage antics.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:28 pm
Limbs

Quote:

That resulted in GLAAD officials saying Tracy actually ended up drawing much-needed attention to issues that gays face.

Time will tell whether people with intellectual and developmental disabilities will feel the same way about Morgan's publicized onstage antics.

Hmmmmmmm...
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Their vagina aren't handicapped... they can fight their own fight.

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:02 pm
tommi teardrop

He never should have apologized.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:29 pm
squirtisblow

seriously, this is so dumb. can we just let the guy just do his comedy. if you don't' like it, then don't watch his comedy.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:48 pm
Bob_ptmfus

I'm not casting stones or anything, I just think it's funny that he jumped right back into controversial material in his first appearance after his last one.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:18 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

icarus502 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Looks like he's turning into MC Hammer somehow.

Do you mean this in a metaphorical sense or that he looks like MC Hammer? I can't make any sense of it either way.

I responded. You ignored. I want to make sure I've helped make sense of this. Holla!
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:10 pm
xGasPricesx

Looks like 30 Rock has some new material for next season.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:12 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Sage Francis wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Looks like he's turning into MC Hammer somehow.

Do you mean this in a metaphorical sense or that he looks like MC Hammer? I can't make any sense of it either way.

I responded. You ignored. I want to make sure I've helped make sense of this. Holla!

You explained! I now understand that you think Dave looks like MC Hammer. I don't think he does. Like, at all. But I thought your presentation was sweet.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:34 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

So, after the cute presentation I put together you don't admit that there is a resemblance? The physical stature...the shape of the head...the sadness in the eyes...the overall look....you don't see it? I just want to make sure I'm not imagining the similarities and you, Mr. Icarus, are a good barometer of sanity to me.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:06 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Sage Francis wrote:
So, after the cute presentation I put together you don't admit that there is a resemblance? The physical stature...the shape of the head...the sadness in the eyes...the overall look....you don't see it? I just want to make sure I'm not imagining the similarities and you, Mr. Icarus, are a good barometer of sanity to me.

I really don't see it. I see Jimmy Walker, of course. The head shape I kinda see. The physical stature I don't see. The sadness in the eyes, maybe. I really don't think it's there. Also, I don't think anybody else sees it either, as surely someone would have said so by now. To that end, no, I don't think you're sane.
Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

icarus502 wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:

I really don't see it. I see Jimmy Walker, of course. The head shape I kinda see. The physical stature I don't see. The sadness in the eyes, maybe. I really don't think it's there. Also, I don't think anybody else sees it either, as surely someone would have said so by now. To that end, no, I don't think you're sane.

Maybe no one piped up because they thought it was so obvious it didn't even require a response. haha. I don't know. I really must be out of my mind. I used to be good at connecting these kind of dots.

Post Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:46 pm
desert penguin

icarus is clearly in denial.
Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next