Search
Register
Tracy Morgan & the Homophobic Rant (Updated)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

futuristxen

The funny thing is, her writing is her strong point, not her acting. But she happens to play that Liz Lemon type character really well.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:17 am
Jesse

wh...? yeah obviously Tina Fey is really funny, what does that have to do with anything???
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:23 pm
futuristxen

We were talking about Tina Fey's comic chops.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Jesse wrote:
wh...? yeah obviously Tina Fey is really funny, what does that have to do with anything???

Will you still watch 30 rock?
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:35 pm
Mikal kHill

I have to assume you will, assuming you already do watch it... You listen to rap that has reprehensible content at times, whether you cosign it or not, right?
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:36 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Mikal kHill wrote:
I have to assume you will, assuming you already do watch it... You listen to rap that has reprehensible content at times, whether you cosign it or not, right?

I don't know I don't watch TV much unless it's online like the Daily Show, but one of my gay friends says they won't watch 30 Rock anymore.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:08 pm
Mikal kHill

I was actually referring to Jesse... I dunno. I think I'll still watch 30 rock. I'd just be punishing myself by not watching one of the few shows I keep with at all. It's not like Tracy Morgan is going to give a shit if I don't DVR a show he's a secondary character in.
Post Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:19 pm
jrspudsquad

Not that I condone anything he said, but have the people that are offended by this glanced at his general stand-up routine?

He's been doing off the wall offensive stand-up bits forever. I happen to think his stand-up is garbage. But i'm with whoever said that this is a case in which a new audience put uninformed expectations on old news. There's nothing interesting to me here. Tracy Morgan just continues to be bad at stand-up comedy.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:21 am
Jesse

Tracy Jordan is all I consistently like on 30 Rock... and I already knew what Tracy Morgan's shit was like... so nothing has changed for me. I'll still occasionally catch it when I'm near cable.

I support criticism of harmful content in the public sphere, but it doesn't always mean you're obliged to boycott everything that has ANYthing to do with something you're not feeling.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:20 pm
dangermc

Did you guys see Tina Fey's response to this?

"The violent imagery of Tracy's rant was disturbing to me at a time when homophobic hate crimes continue to be a life-threatening issue for the GLBT Community," Fey tells E! News in a statement."

Fey went on to say that comic's rant, "doesn't line up with the Tracy Morgan I know, who is not a hateful man and is generally much too sleepy and self-centered to ever hurt another person," adding, "I hope for his sake that Tracy's apology will be accepted as sincere by his gay and lesbian coworkers on 30 Rock, without whom Tracy would not have lines to say, clothes to wear, sets to stand on, scene partners to act with, or a printed-out paycheck from accounting to put in his pocket."

Alec Baldwin's said "Oh that Tracy." on Twitter

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b246752_tina_fey_alec_baldwin_weigh_in_on_tracy.html?cmpid=rss-000000-rssfeed-365-topstories&utm_source=eonline&utm_medium=rssfeeds&utm_campaign=rss_topstories

Tina Fey is one classy broad.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:53 pm
videodrome

Just thought I'd share what Louis CK thinks about this.

From his twitter page:

"Tracey Morgan said something wrong, evil, cruel, ignorant and hilarious. He was on a comedy stage, not at a pulpit."

"you have a right to be offended, sound off. As a man who hates violence and discrimination against gays or anyone, I was not offended."

"I can have two thoughts simultaneously. 1. Gay people have a right to grow up and live in confidence happiness, honesty and equality."

"thought 2. Tracey Morgan is ridiculous and I love watching him just go to wrongful and crazy places in his mind and I can laugh."

"If every word a person says has to be right and balanced and fair, I will jump off a tall thing onto a hard place."

"It is clear to anyone with an ability to reason and understand people that he didn't mean a word of what he said. he was fucking around."

Pretty apt I think
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:18 pm
Jesse

defenses against criticisms of violent oppressive rhetoric are borrrrrrrringggggg.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:34 pm
dangermc

Jesse wrote:
defenses against criticisms of violent oppressive rhetoric are borrrrrrrringggggg.

That is an interesting opinion considering your other reply to this thread.
Post Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:53 pm
videodrome

Jesse wrote:

I'd be tempted to say that criticisms of violent oppressive rhetoric are borrrrrrrrringggggg, although I don't think I could agree that Tracy Morgan was being oppressive.
Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:51 am
Jesse

dangermc wrote:
Jesse wrote:
That is an interesting opinion considering your other reply to this thread.
Because my other reply was itself boring?
videodrome wrote:
I'd be tempted to say that criticisms of violent oppressive rhetoric are borrrrrrrrringggggg, although I don't think I could agree that Tracy Morgan was being oppressive.
of course you would be, and no of course you don't.
Post Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:03 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next