Search
Register
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

xGasPricesx

So I've been burning through Orange is the New Black season 2 way too fast, and without spoiling anything at all, I just have to say it has been amazing. I like it even better than the first season, and it's had a lot of really great character development. Also, the indie rap loves continues in this show (some might remember in the background of a scene last year there was B. Dolan and Sage Francis stickers) with a very well placed Atmosphere track. Don't want to even say which one it is or anything as the name alone might be considered a minor spoiler, but you can't miss it. Great stuff all around so far, and I highly recommend getting to it ASAP.

Also, as a side note, I feel like Jenji Kohan is the first showrunner to really adopt well to the Netflix format. The show is crafted so well for binge viewing, with the way one episode flows into the next. The only downside to this is it has caused me to stay up way too late the past couple nights, but I suppose that's a good problem to have.
Post Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:53 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

did anyone watch the FARGO tv series!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!??

Holy Shit was it good, only 10 episodes too

find it, watch it, ASAP
Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:27 am
Captiv8

xGasPricesx wrote:
So I've been burning through Orange is the New Black season 2 way too fast, and without spoiling anything at all, I just have to say it has been amazing. I like it even better than the first season, and it's had a lot of really great character development. Also, the indie rap loves continues in this show (some might remember in the background of a scene last year there was B. Dolan and Sage Francis stickers) with a very well placed Atmosphere track. Don't want to even say which one it is or anything as the name alone might be considered a minor spoiler, but you can't miss it. Great stuff all around so far, and I highly recommend getting to it ASAP.

Also, as a side note, I feel like Jenji Kohan is the first showrunner to really adopt well to the Netflix format. The show is crafted so well for binge viewing, with the way one episode flows into the next. The only downside to this is it has caused me to stay up way too late the past couple nights, but I suppose that's a good problem to have.

Just watched the first episode of Season Two last night. Gotta say that it was not what I expected, and it was weird watching it outside of the normal setting with the regular characters. I didn't realize how much the show revolves around their stories as much as Piper's until it was all focused on her. After some slow bits, I'm looking forward to delving into the rest of the series and learning more about these people, which I think is the mark of excellent writing on Kohan's part. I never really got into Weeds, but I really like Orange.

Also, regarding your side note: I think Kohan has done pretty well with the Netflix format. Each episode bleeds into the last, and leaves you clamoring for more. It's something I think Beau Willimon has also done really well with House of Cards, which is one of the most gripping and well-paced shows out there.
Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:42 am
mancabbage

Neuro wrote:
did anyone watch the FARGO tv series!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!!??

Holy Shit was it good, only 10 episodes too

find it, watch it, ASAP

yeah man, shit was awesome, loved ep6 with the snowstorm
Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:38 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

waaaaaaay better than the movie in my opinion, but i do want to watch the movie again now
Post Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:33 pm
Flossin

Watched the first episode of HBO's new series "The Leftovers". Thought that as far as pilot episodes go, this one really sucked and failed to pique my curiosity in the series. Might give it a chance with the next episode, hoping that it manages to get better, but so far it seems remarkably dull for an HBO series, especially one that they've been hyping like crazy for the last 7 months.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:53 am
Captiv8

I'm interested in Gracepoint, which should be airing sometime soon. Apparently it's an American rendition of Broadchurch, which I haven't seen. Anyway, the plot reminds me a lot Twin Peaks without the supernatural kookiness, and The Killing without the urban setting. I love a good murder mystery, and I think the Northwest setting will hope set the tone. This show has a lot of potential, and it'll be interesting to see how Anna Gunn does post-Breaking Bad.
Post Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:19 pm
Plum Puddin'

Rick & Morty.

Post Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28