the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

JohnSchwan

Wow, Sons of Anarchy.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:44 pm
Mr 9999
Judge and Jury

Despite the horrible name, Breaking Amish is a truly enjoyable show. Highly entertaining on various levels.
Post Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:23 pm
tommi teardrop

Yeah I'm liking Breaking Amish as well. Their amazement with the limo cracked me the fuck up. I had high hopes for the Abby & Britney show as I'm fascinated by conjoined twins, but what I've seen so far is all fluffy bullshit.

I started watching The League on netflix. It's aight but very white.

I really liked Louis' Late Show episodes. David Lynch killed me.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:08 pm
JohnSchwan

Sorry to ruin the illusion for y'all but Breaking Amish is fake and they're apparently going to address is on a future episode.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:47 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

JohnSchwan wrote:
Wow, Sons of Anarchy.

maaan soo shitty
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:03 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

tommi teardrop wrote:
I had high hopes for the Abby & Britney show as I'm fascinated by conjoined twins, but what I've seen so far is all fluffy bullshit.

i've only seen one episode kind of fluffy sure, but still interesting enough to see the dynamic of the two girls.....
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:06 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

JohnSchwan wrote:
Sorry to ruin the illusion for y'all but Breaking Amish is fake and they're apparently going to address is on a future episode.

Fake how? Like...fake they're not actually from Amish communities? Or fake like...the scenarios on the show are manufactured by the producers?

Because that young blonde girl has no teeth, and ummm...that's not normal for someone in America if they have access to modern technology and dental care.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:10 pm
JohnSchwan

From what my wife said, most of the main characters have been outside of the Amish world for quite some time. Apparently the young shy couple were actually married, they all have Facebook and Myspaces dating back to years ago. A whole bunch of stuff like that, there are articles out there about it.

http://www.wetpaint.com/network/articles/tlcs-breaking-amish-accused-of-being-faked
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:27 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Yikes. I just tumbled down a rabbit hole. Which, in itself, is entertaining. haha. Thanks for the link.
Post Wed Sep 26, 2012 5:47 pm
Captiv8

Thanks to the good folks at Netflix I have been binge-watching It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia over the past few weeks. It has to be one of the best comedy shows of all time. I think the reason it works so well is that all of the banter between the characters seems so natural. Danny Devito even appears to mess up his lines all the time, and they all just roll with it. I love it. The best episode, in my opinion, is the cannibal/manhunt one. Also, how good is Dee at fake throwing up?
Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:36 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Early seasons of Sunny were good, and there's still some good episodes now sometimes...but a lot of the new shit is horrible. The halloweenish one from last week was completely horrible
Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:15 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ya know i dont watch sunny really but everything that i have seen does have its great moments anyways just what you said juan,and this isnt directed at you , just in general, it has lead my neurotic thinking to think:

why is it stuff always seems great at first, then it casually goes to shit, this applies to EVERYTHING, why is that huh, seems like a non-stop reaction to EVERYTHING, is it because it isnt new to us anymore so we get bored with the formulas and write it off as terrible? what huh what, i see this pattern to peoples opinions, feelings, reactions, to EVERYTHING most of the time and its down right crazy,...........or maybe everything does turn to shit.
Post Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:48 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

i do agree that is a trend with a lot of things or how people perceive things, but in the case of Sunny I still feel it's definitely true. I feel like they've gotten a bit lazy
Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:41 am
Captiv8

I think that's the inherent problem of any show with longevity. How do you continue to make it interesting and novel after so many seasons? After a while it must seem like jokes are just being rehashed and beat to death, or that plotlines are being drawn way too far out, or that things just don't make any sense anymore. I don't think that's an excuse for poor writing, but I do think it's harder to keep that original feeling going. It's sort of like the first time you take a bump of heroin. You'll always keep searching for the high that gets you back to that first time, but it's never there, always just out of reach.
Post Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:03 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

walking dead last night was super dark and intense, this season is the best yet
Post Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:36 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26, 27, 28  Next