Profile
Search
Register
Log in
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Author Message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9238
Location: london
 Reply with quote  

the end of the killing was brilliant, i had suspected jamie for a while, but that last scene was just insane, great fucking acting and a good ending to the show. hats off

now, i am ready to cook. bring me heisenburg
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:54 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.


Joined: 09 Jan 2003
Posts: 1278
Location: Fitchburg, MA
 Reply with quote  

Anyone watch Newsroom on HBO?
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:31 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous


Joined: 30 Jun 2002
Posts: 21525
 Reply with quote  

Shit is really dope.
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Brynjar



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1469
Location: Rivertown
 Reply with quote  

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
TRUCK-A-SAUR-US.


Finished all 3 seasons of Archer in 5-6 days. Thanks alot Mark I'M HOOKED.

Next up; Justified
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8501
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

mancabbage wrote:
the end of the killing was brilliant, i had suspected jamie for a while, but that last scene was just insane, great fucking acting and a good ending to the show. hats off

now, i am ready to cook. bring me heisenburg


Thanks for the spoiler alert, Taintwhiff.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:12 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Brynjar



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1469
Location: Rivertown
 Reply with quote  

Mark hit another homerun with talking about Justified. Every time Mark "speaks" on issues/games/tvshows it's worth a "listen".
After 3 seasons of Justified I can safely say this is in my top 10 shows of all time (so far, I hope they don't fuck it up). The recurring cast is hands down the best I've seen and Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are fantastic.

It's great.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 am
 View user's profile Send private message
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1497
 Reply with quote  

Brynjar wrote:
Mark hit another homerun with talking about Justified. Every time Mark "speaks" on issues/games/tvshows it's worth a "listen".
After 3 seasons of Justified I can safely say this is in my top 10 shows of all time (so far, I hope they don't fuck it up). The recurring cast is hands down the best I've seen and Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are fantastic.

It's great.


Not to take anything away from the greatness of Mark's posts, but I did bring up Justified earlier on page 16 of this thread. I would have brought it up even sooner too, but even I was late to the party and didn't get around to it till late 2011.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 am
 View user's profile Send private message
ROTTY



Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1407
Location: London
 Reply with quote  

xGasPricesx wrote:
Brynjar wrote:
Mark hit another homerun with talking about Justified. Every time Mark "speaks" on issues/games/tvshows it's worth a "listen".
After 3 seasons of Justified I can safely say this is in my top 10 shows of all time (so far, I hope they don't fuck it up). The recurring cast is hands down the best I've seen and Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are fantastic.

It's great.


Not to take anything away from the greatness of Mark's posts, but I did bring up Justified earlier on page 16 of this thread. I would have brought it up even sooner too, but even I was late to the party and didn't get around to it till late 2011.


I have just started watching justified on the back of this thread. So far it is okay. I am 3 epsiodes in but im hoping it picks up some speed soon.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Brynjar



Joined: 12 Dec 2006
Posts: 1469
Location: Rivertown
 Reply with quote  

It takes 5-6 ep. before it really starts to get great and season 2 is where it's at.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Nemonic7



Joined: 11 Jul 2004
Posts: 239
 Reply with quote  

Yeah I'm watching Newsroom. I'm liking it so far.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
mortalthoughts
LAME KID


Joined: 12 Dec 2002
Posts: 11613
Location: MI
 Reply with quote  

Nemonic7 wrote:
Yeah I'm watching Newsroom. I'm liking it so far.


im getting more emotionally invested with all the characters as each episode comes out. hope it stays as good as its been
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ROTTY



Joined: 28 Apr 2005
Posts: 1407
Location: London
 Reply with quote  

New game of thrones cast for 3rd season looks great. McKenzie crook and Paul Kaye.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Bob_ptmfus



Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 743
 Reply with quote  

Eagleheart is the funniest thing on tv to me these days. I mean Chris Elliot, Brett Gelman and Maria Thayer is an amazing cast, but the writing strikes the perfect absurdist tone. While Conan is far from embarrassing, I wonder how much talent was lost in the two writers who left to start Eagleheart. Also, Jason Woliner and Andy Blitz, two certified comedic geniuses, are also on the writing staff.

I'm also catching up on Alphas, which is a lot of fun. I'm only midway through the season so I'm not sure how seriously they'll delve into the mythology they've set up in one or two episodes. I love an overarching plot if it's done well, but even if they drop the ball I just like watching the characters interact. Gary is really funny and I like that they don't make him some mystical wise man whose autism makes him holy or something. Him occasionally being a dick is humanizing. I'd better hurry and catch the last half of season one while it's still on hulu before the new season starts.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8501
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

I just made it through the first season of Homeland. It's a really engaging show, though I thought the bulk of episode 7 was perplexingly nonsensical. Mandy Patinkin is brilliant as Saul, per usual, and I'm also enjoying Claire Danes' performance. Damien Lewis gets props too, but I keep seeing him as the possessed Jonesy in Dreamcatcher during many scenes. He's also a heavy breather.

I like where the took the show at the end as well. It'll be really interesting to see how the show pans out, though I'm hoping against some hokey change of heart bullshit. Between this and Dexter the fall is set for Showtime.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
adic



Joined: 07 May 2009
Posts: 727
Location: SJC
 Reply with quote  

Sunday night we watched the new episodes of Louie, Breaking Bad, and Newsroom... doesn't get much better than that as far as TV goes...
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:18 am
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon