Search
Register
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

mancabbage

the end of the killing was brilliant, i had suspected jamie for a while, but that last scene was just insane, great fucking acting and a good ending to the show. hats off

now, i am ready to cook. bring me heisenburg
Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:54 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

Anyone watch Newsroom on HBO?
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:31 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Shit is really dope.
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:25 pm
Brynjar

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
TRUCK-A-SAUR-US.

Finished all 3 seasons of Archer in 5-6 days. Thanks alot Mark I'M HOOKED.

Next up; Justified
Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 pm
Captiv8

mancabbage wrote:
the end of the killing was brilliant, i had suspected jamie for a while, but that last scene was just insane, great fucking acting and a good ending to the show. hats off

now, i am ready to cook. bring me heisenburg

Thanks for the spoiler alert, Taintwhiff.
Post Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:12 pm
Brynjar

Mark hit another homerun with talking about Justified. Every time Mark "speaks" on issues/games/tvshows it's worth a "listen".
After 3 seasons of Justified I can safely say this is in my top 10 shows of all time (so far, I hope they don't fuck it up). The recurring cast is hands down the best I've seen and Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are fantastic.

It's great.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:52 am
xGasPricesx

Brynjar wrote:
Mark hit another homerun with talking about Justified. Every time Mark "speaks" on issues/games/tvshows it's worth a "listen".
After 3 seasons of Justified I can safely say this is in my top 10 shows of all time (so far, I hope they don't fuck it up). The recurring cast is hands down the best I've seen and Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins are fantastic.

It's great.

Not to take anything away from the greatness of Mark's posts, but I did bring up Justified earlier on page 16 of this thread. I would have brought it up even sooner too, but even I was late to the party and didn't get around to it till late 2011.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:58 am
ROTTY

xGasPricesx wrote:
Brynjar wrote:

It's great.

Not to take anything away from the greatness of Mark's posts, but I did bring up Justified earlier on page 16 of this thread. I would have brought it up even sooner too, but even I was late to the party and didn't get around to it till late 2011.

I have just started watching justified on the back of this thread. So far it is okay. I am 3 epsiodes in but im hoping it picks up some speed soon.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:30 am
Brynjar

It takes 5-6 ep. before it really starts to get great and season 2 is where it's at.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:42 am
Nemonic7

Yeah I'm watching Newsroom. I'm liking it so far.
Post Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:25 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

Nemonic7 wrote:
Yeah I'm watching Newsroom. I'm liking it so far.

im getting more emotionally invested with all the characters as each episode comes out. hope it stays as good as its been
Post Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:20 am
ROTTY

New game of thrones cast for 3rd season looks great. McKenzie crook and Paul Kaye.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:42 am
Bob_ptmfus

Eagleheart is the funniest thing on tv to me these days. I mean Chris Elliot, Brett Gelman and Maria Thayer is an amazing cast, but the writing strikes the perfect absurdist tone. While Conan is far from embarrassing, I wonder how much talent was lost in the two writers who left to start Eagleheart. Also, Jason Woliner and Andy Blitz, two certified comedic geniuses, are also on the writing staff.

I'm also catching up on Alphas, which is a lot of fun. I'm only midway through the season so I'm not sure how seriously they'll delve into the mythology they've set up in one or two episodes. I love an overarching plot if it's done well, but even if they drop the ball I just like watching the characters interact. Gary is really funny and I like that they don't make him some mystical wise man whose autism makes him holy or something. Him occasionally being a dick is humanizing. I'd better hurry and catch the last half of season one while it's still on hulu before the new season starts.
Post Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:23 am
Captiv8

I just made it through the first season of Homeland. It's a really engaging show, though I thought the bulk of episode 7 was perplexingly nonsensical. Mandy Patinkin is brilliant as Saul, per usual, and I'm also enjoying Claire Danes' performance. Damien Lewis gets props too, but I keep seeing him as the possessed Jonesy in Dreamcatcher during many scenes. He's also a heavy breather.

I like where the took the show at the end as well. It'll be really interesting to see how the show pans out, though I'm hoping against some hokey change of heart bullshit. Between this and Dexter the fall is set for Showtime.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:21 pm
adic

Sunday night we watched the new episodes of Louie, Breaking Bad, and Newsroom... doesn't get much better than that as far as TV goes...
Post Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:44 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 26, 27, 28  Next