Profile
Search
Register
Log in
the usual TV thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Author Message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7795
 Reply with quote  

GrantherBirdly wrote:

The Killing (this show is awesome and seems slept on.



http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=894404&sid=46d7747d519359b92f19ce037524a4a7


a truley great show

been meaning to re-up the thread for the second season
Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:05 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Captiv8



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 8547
Location: Third Coast
 Reply with quote  

I remember when cats used to post on here about The Wire and I was never really intrigued. But then in the span of two days I had two people personally tell me it was the greatest show ever conceived and that I'd be a fool to pass it up. So I rented it on this advice. I can't confirm their endorsement as I'm only three episodes in, but I can say that the show is really fucking good for having a bunch of people I've never heard of playing cops and robbers. I love it. I'm really looking forward to getting through this one.

I'm also going to fire up The Killing some time soon.

Finally, Twin Peaks is fucking awesome. I posted a bunch of comments in the previous pages of either this thread or the Twin Peaks thread, so I'll let those speak in greater detail. Suffice it to say that every episode kept me gripped, despite the meanderings of the second season. It would be interesting to consider how that season would have been had Lynch been more focused on it instead of Wild At Heart. Alas. I still haven't seen Fire Walk With Me either. One day.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:16 am
 View user's profile Send private message
porkchopexpress



Joined: 31 May 2004
Posts: 105
Location: Portland, Seattle, Ithaca
 Reply with quote  

Sherlock series 2 killed. The only bad part about it is that the season is over within 3 weeks and production for series 3 isn't supposed to start until 2013.

I really got into the Fades last fall too. The only reason I started watching was because of the music in the commercials before it aired here in the US. I think it was only 6 weeks long, which was great. There weren't any 'filler' episodes. Shit happened every single week. No season 2 for that one though, at least not as of now.


For fans of either of those, are there any other BBC (or other British) shows I should check out? I have Luther in my Netflix queue, but haven't checked it out yet.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:24 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1568
 Reply with quote  

Dr Sagacious wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
If you aren't watching Justified then you are seriously missing out. I didn't think they could top themselves after season 2, but this season has been shaping up pretty fucking well. This is seriously up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best shows currently on television. Boyd Crowder is also probably one of my favorite characters ever.


I watched the first couple episodes of Justified, and I think it would be unfair to put it anywhere near Deadwood. I think Justified is okay, but absolutely no where near the quality that was Deadwood. I miss Deadwood.

:'(


It's a totally different show than Deadwood, and I kind of hate that they get compared all the time just because of Timothy Olyphant. The first season is by far the worst though, especially the first half of it. I mean, I still enjoyed it, but the show gets a lot better later on. You should stick with it through season 2 at least, Margo Martindale comes in as a crime family matriarch and she knocks it out of the fucking park.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 12:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Disharmony



Joined: 01 Jun 2003
Posts: 3024
Location: Buried in Minnesota dirt.
 Reply with quote  

I thought I liked Deadwood for awhile then 3rd season-ish I realized all of the characters sucked and most of the side stories and main plot made no fucking sense half of the time.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 12:56 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7795
 Reply with quote  

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/breaking-bads-return-date-announced

soooooooooo season 5 of breaking bad is only going to be 8 episodes this summer, and the final 8 - the second half of breaking bad season 5 wont air til the following summer?


ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh worst idea EVER
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:02 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7795
 Reply with quote  

!!BULLSHIT

im seriously pissed right now if thats how they do it
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:07 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1568
 Reply with quote  

Neuro wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/breaking-bads-return-date-announced

soooooooooo season 5 of breaking bad is only going to be 8 episodes this summer, and the final 8 - the second half of breaking bad season 5 wont air til the following summer?


ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh worst idea EVER


They announced that months ago, man. I'm personally kind of happy about it, it gives us 4 extra episodes that we wouldn't have got otherwise and gives them a lot more time to fully flesh out the ending, probably a bigger budget too. Plus, knowing BB, both batches will probably feel like a self-contained season and will both have some epic finales, inasmuch as the previous seasons have.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:13 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7795
 Reply with quote  

i knew about the split season but i didnt think it would be a full year inbetween, that is retarded, i dont like it one bit
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:16 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1568
 Reply with quote  

Nature of the game, yo. Would you rather them try to rush it and end up with a lackluster final season to one of the best shows ever? I know it sucks waiting, but at least you have something to look forward to next summer now.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:18 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP


Joined: 19 Jul 2002
Posts: 7795
 Reply with quote  

every single episode better be as good as a movie then
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:21 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
AdamBomb



Joined: 05 Mar 2004
Posts: 3183
Location: Louisiana
 Reply with quote  

They better not take the cheap way out and have House die in the finale.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 7:25 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address
anomaly
Loserface


Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2581
Location: DFW, TX
 Reply with quote  

AdamBomb wrote:
They better not take the cheap way out and have House die in the finale.


I'm not sure how that finale made me feel......
Seems like the show deserved a better ending.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 8:39 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Dr Sagacious



Joined: 01 Mar 2009
Posts: 1843
Location: Redford
 Reply with quote  

xGasPricesx wrote:
Dr Sagacious wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
If you aren't watching Justified then you are seriously missing out. I didn't think they could top themselves after season 2, but this season has been shaping up pretty fucking well. This is seriously up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best shows currently on television. Boyd Crowder is also probably one of my favorite characters ever.


I watched the first couple episodes of Justified, and I think it would be unfair to put it anywhere near Deadwood. I think Justified is okay, but absolutely no where near the quality that was Deadwood. I miss Deadwood.

:'(


It's a totally different show than Deadwood, and I kind of hate that they get compared all the time just because of Timothy Olyphant. The first season is by far the worst though, especially the first half of it. I mean, I still enjoyed it, but the show gets a lot better later on. You should stick with it through season 2 at least, Margo Martindale comes in as a crime family matriarch and she knocks it out of the fucking park.


Have I gone mad? I could've sworn I saw you post something along the lines of "Justified is up there with Deadwood". I seriously thought you had the word "Deadwood" in there at least once, but obviously I've lost my damn mind.

I was thinking, "Why does everyone compare Justified to Deadwood on account of Timoth Olyphant?" and here I'm the one doing it thinking you did it! Haha.

I guess I should watch Justified, though. One of my friends who has an excellent taste in television shows raves about it.

I also need to watch the Wire. Like Captiv, I've been on some shit for quite some time, putting that show off, despite the fact that I have the first season on my computer. :\ Lame.
Post Tue May 22, 2012 6:33 am
 View user's profile Send private message
xGasPricesx



Joined: 23 May 2008
Posts: 1568
 Reply with quote  

Dr Sagacious wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
Dr Sagacious wrote:
xGasPricesx wrote:
If you aren't watching Justified then you are seriously missing out. I didn't think they could top themselves after season 2, but this season has been shaping up pretty fucking well. This is seriously up there with Breaking Bad as one of the best shows currently on television. Boyd Crowder is also probably one of my favorite characters ever.


I watched the first couple episodes of Justified, and I think it would be unfair to put it anywhere near Deadwood. I think Justified is okay, but absolutely no where near the quality that was Deadwood. I miss Deadwood.

:'(


It's a totally different show than Deadwood, and I kind of hate that they get compared all the time just because of Timothy Olyphant. The first season is by far the worst though, especially the first half of it. I mean, I still enjoyed it, but the show gets a lot better later on. You should stick with it through season 2 at least, Margo Martindale comes in as a crime family matriarch and she knocks it out of the fucking park.


Have I gone mad? I could've sworn I saw you post something along the lines of "Justified is up there with Deadwood". I seriously thought you had the word "Deadwood" in there at least once, but obviously I've lost my damn mind.

I was thinking, "Why does everyone compare Justified to Deadwood on account of Timoth Olyphant?" and here I'm the one doing it thinking you did it! Haha.

I guess I should watch Justified, though. One of my friends who has an excellent taste in television shows raves about it.



Haha, I just went back and looked and I guess I actually said it was up there with Breaking Bad, which is probably worse. I think I was just really excited about it after a particular episode, and I'd probably step back from that statement a little bit now. I'd say that is Breaking Bad is an A show, then Justified is a B+ show. I still highly recommend it, there are some amazing performances and some great writing throughout, but it probably isn't Breaking Bad caliber, which let's face, only a couple shows that have ever existed are.
Post Tue May 22, 2012 8:11 am
 View user's profile Send private message

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Tue Nov 25, 2014 3:12 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon