Search
Register
Looking for Headphone Advice
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha no worries, man. I think everyone's just having fun. This is a worthwhile discussion though. Many thanks to people contributing with actual info because I'll be in the market for new headphones soon.
Post Mon May 09, 2011 1:47 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

redball wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
Does anyone know how to replace the cord on headphones? I've only ever bought one pricey (for me - £40) pair, they sounded amazing, but then... as always - they fucked up because of a loose connection turning up somewhere in the headphone wire. Now i just buy 8 quid things and wear em out till they break

Basically, you need a new cord (like the one from a cheap set of headphones) and a soldering iron. But, you also need to be able to get into the headphones without killing them. Sometimes earbuds are glued together and removing that glue is nearly impossible without destroying the case. Assuming you have the parts and tools for that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6BMEDrqLDE

coincidentally, my Minjack on my earbuds just started giving me problems the last couple of days..

if i snail mail you a couple of dollars.. can you put a new gold plated mini jack on my old pair of buds?..

you could start a SASE earbud/headphone repair business..
NewJackCity.biz or NewMinijackCity.com or whatever..

i don't have wire strippers, a soldering iron, electronic know-how or much patience.. but i have a nice pair of Sony hifi buds that only work in one ear now because they use cheap metal that wears away when you plug/unplug it for a couple of months..

Post Mon May 09, 2011 4:12 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Mon May 09, 2011 4:30 pm
redball

T-Wrex wrote:
coincidentally, my Minjack on my earbuds just started giving me problems the last couple of days..

if i snail mail you a couple of dollars.. can you put a new gold plated mini jack on my old pair of buds?..

you could start a SASE earbud/headphone repair business..
NewJackCity.biz or NewMinijackCity.com or whatever..

i don't have wire strippers, a soldering iron, electronic know-how or much patience.. but i have a nice pair of Sony hifi buds that only work in one ear now because they use cheap metal that wears away when you plug/unplug it for a couple of months..

If the problem is with the plug instead of the connection at the phones then you probably don't need a soldering iron to repair it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrZUyVYUYkA
Post Mon May 09, 2011 10:29 pm
Jesse Custer

Hey,

I'm tryingto do a bit of research into getting some new headphones - could anyone recommend me some good websites for reviews?

I've seen a bunch of different sites out there just from googling, but I always feel more comfortable if I get a recommendation from real people, and I thought there might be one that categorises things in an easy to use way.

TIA peeps x
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:57 am
OM3N

Wow, can't believe this thread is still around. I decided in the end, months ago, to go for Sennheiser, as they have gotten consistently solid reviews. I definitely recommend them. My pair was 80 bucks and I love them.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:29 am
OM3N

Here are the set in question. And a review.

http://www.topreviewshop.com/sennheiser_hd_428_headphones

i would definitely give them 4 stars as opposed to 3 and 1/2 but I'm not an audio nerd. I just like the bass quality, and how comfortable they are.
Post Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:35 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3