View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Cold Funcrusher

underground radio  Reply with quote  

Hey peeps,

heads up for some dope underground hip hop
mixed by dj longplay...

every wednesday

at 22:00 UTC/GMT world time clock// (00:00 greek time)

http://radio.stoperithorio.org/

http://imageshack.us/f/402/lpradio3.jpg/
Post Wed Mar 27, 2013 9:34 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

Oh i'm super duper disappointed, I thought this was about some underground radio, like an illegal pirate one. Pirate as in a cool bearded ship sailin thing. Bro.
Post Sat May 18, 2013 2:38 am
SFR announcement

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
Oh i'm super duper disappointed, I thought this was about some underground radio, like an illegal pirate one.

I don't think people even know what that is anymore. Recently had a girl talking about a "pirate radio show" to me. I explained that it's not pirate radio if it has call letters and...advertisers and...it's legal.

"No, no...it's REALLY pirate radio."

OK. I leave discussions like this alone these days. Words don't matter. They're just things to say.
Post Sat May 18, 2013 10:01 pm
al(phonic)

im dating myself (masturbation?), but this is the extent of my knowledge of pirate radio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuhHPQxS2nQ

that whole movie gives me goosebumps. and i times i want to crush things.
Post Sun May 19, 2013 7:33 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

haha yeah. Pump Up the Volume is a guilty pleasure of mine. I own that on DVD. Lovely soundtrack. This was before Christian Slater was shamed for swagger-jacking Jack Nicholson. It was all downhill for him after that.
Post Sun May 19, 2013 3:51 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

In a city I once lived in I saw a flier in a coffee shop for a Pirate Radio Station that was in the community and it had a number to call. I called the number and met a girl at a building, and she took me in and showed me the radio station, it was in the basement of a guy's motorcycle shop. I had a talk radio show where I played a little music, but mostly freestyle conversed, and or did live on air rapping with a scratch dj in the studio. I abused the radio to urge callers who knew the location of the station to bring beer and leave it outside the door. The FCC sent people over one day to shut the station down. We moved. We got a way better space in the attic of a wealthy brwery owner's rental properties. One day I went on air and said if anyone knew where we were and had any scotch to come on through and so the brewery owner had been listening and he came through with scotch that turnedo ut to be the worlds most pricey scotch. i didnt know that. I drank like ten thousand dollars worth of scotch. He said my talk show was his favorite. I broadcasted through the day on 911 and took calls. I still have a book on how to lay out a station, all I would need is a transmitter. It was a lot of fun. And Pump Up The Volume was always a favorite movie of mine.
Post Sat May 25, 2013 3:58 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

In a city I once lived in I saw a flier in a coffee shop for a Pirate Radio Station that was in the community and it had a number to call. I called the number and met a girl at a building, and she took me in and showed me the radio station, it was in the basement of a guy's motorcycle shop. I had a talk radio show where I played a little music, but mostly freestyle conversed, and or did live on air rapping with a scratch dj in the studio. I abused the radio to urge callers who knew the location of the station to bring beer and leave it outside the door. The FCC sent people over one day to shut the station down. We moved. We got a way better space in the attic of a wealthy brewery owner's rental properties. One day I went on air and said if anyone knew where we were and had any scotch to come on through and so the brewery owner had been listening and he came through with scotch that turned out to be the worlds most pricey scotch. I didnt know that. I drank like ten thousand dollars worth of scotch. He said my talk show was his favorite. I broadcasted through the day on 911 and took calls. I still have a book on how to lay out a station, all I would need is a transmitter. It was a lot of fun. And Pump Up The Volume was always a favorite movie of mine.
Post Sat May 25, 2013 3:59 pm
Prontoid

the worst thing about your made up stories is that they aren't even entertaining...
Post Wed May 29, 2013 8:32 pm
Plum Puddin'

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
In a city I once lived in I saw a flier in a coffee shop for a Pirate Radio Station that was in the community and it had a number to call. I called the number and met a girl at a building, and she took me in and showed me the radio station, it was in the basement of a guy's motorcycle shop. I had a talk radio show where I played a little music, but mostly freestyle conversed, and or did live on air rapping with a scratch dj in the studio. I abused the radio to urge callers who knew the location of the station to bring beer and leave it outside the door. The FCC sent people over one day to shut the station down. We moved. We got a way better space in the attic of a wealthy brewery owner's rental properties. One day I went on air and said if anyone knew where we were and had any scotch to come on through and so the brewery owner had been listening and he came through with scotch that turned out to be the worlds most pricey scotch. I didnt know that. I drank like ten thousand dollars worth of scotch. He said my talk show was his favorite. I broadcasted through the day on 911 and took calls. I still have a book on how to lay out a station, all I would need is a transmitter. It was a lot of fun. And Pump Up The Volume was always a favorite movie of mine.

Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

hahaha I love how we're still able to maintain some semblance of old school beefery despite how inactive this forum has become in the past couple years. Seriously. Salute to you all.
Post Wed May 29, 2013 11:49 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Sage Francis wrote:
haha yeah. Pump Up the Volume is a guilty pleasure of mine.

It used to be a guilty pleasure,
When I was a kid, I thought it was unmanly to like romantic comedies...

Now it's just a pleasure.
As is another of Allan Moyle's flicks, Empire Records.

And, fuck it, while I'm at it... I liked Sleepless In Seattle, too.
Post Thu May 30, 2013 1:03 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

How would you know if it sounds legit or not, you've never been a pirate radio d.j. or fucking awesome like me lololol.
Post Thu May 30, 2013 6:08 pm
anomaly
Loserface

T-Wrex wrote:
Empire Records.

This. Rex fucking Manning day
Post Thu May 30, 2013 6:28 pm
Plum Puddin'

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
How would you know if it sounds legit or not, you've never been a pirate radio d.j. or fucking awesome like me lololol.

Post Thu May 30, 2013 9:47 pm
Limbs

I guess this can go here. For anyone interested, Killer Mike's radio show is on right now.

http://betaplayer.radio.com/player/news-talk-1380-waok

I'm really interested.

Haha at Pats getting Tebow.
Post Mon Jun 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Jump to: