Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

jrspudsquad wrote:
Mac Lethal wrote:
Wanna see some ill shit?

Watch THIS:

http://vimeo.com/21469140

That kid has got some insane tricks. Too bad the poor kid got thrown in the deep end against PJ ladd in battle at the berrics 4. He just needs to work on his basics a little and he'll be sick.

See, some people hate on P. Rod for being too simplistic, but the truth is, dude will DICE you in a game of skate. He just swags the fundamentals out so hard it's unreal.

PJ Ladd clearly mastered the basics, then pushed the boundaries a bit, too. He's one of the rawest Berrics era dudes for sure.

Cats like Albert Nyberg are like Rodney Mullen to me. The foundation is their weakest weapon. I think he should have gone crazy with it. Too simple.

My friend Sean Malto is one of those dudes who gets killed in games of skate, but absolutely fucks a video part up. It's doper to me to know a dude might fuck up when he tries some big shit, than be some super-athletic guy who never misses. Athletes killed skateboarding.

But made it that much better too.
Post Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:26 am
unfitforit

mike "mo" capaldi is one of the most consistent skaters i've seen. he has a way of making the most simple tricks look so fun... well he makes everything so simple.

http://youtu.be/iEKtv5gJiLs
Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:27 pm
Captiv8

unfitforit wrote:
mike "mo" capaldi is one of the most consistent skaters i've seen. he has a way of making the most simple tricks look so fun... well he makes everything so simple.

http://youtu.be/iEKtv5gJiLs

He was definitely stompin that shit until the very end. I don't know what these moves actually entail, but my favorite video game tricks were laser flips and impossibles. They just sound awesome.
Post Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:33 pm
OM3N

Ha Ha the guy talking is super broseph lol.

Mike Mo is easily the best flat ground skater aside from the god that is Rodney Mullen.

The announcer says "nollie tre" which technically means roliing backwards as opposed to your normal stance.

Edit I meant to say it is one the hardest tricks on flat
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:57 am
Mac Lethal

OM3N wrote:
Ha Ha the guy talking is super broseph lol.

Mike Mo is easily the best flat ground skater aside from the god that is Rodney Mullen.

The announcer says "nollie tre" which technically means roliing backwards as opposed to your normal stance.

Edit I meant to say it is one the hardest tricks on flat

There's a pretty big gap between Mike Mo and Rodney Mullen in terms of skill. Mike Mo is a fundamentally great skateboarder, but Chris Haslam and a few others are closer to Rodney's insanity shit. Hell Daewon too. I could name a lot. People have surpassed Rodney Mullen in my personal opinion of personal preference and taste. Daewon and Haslam especially. Rodney Mullen can rip but I find his style sooo ugly.

Nollie is rolling in your normal stance but using your front foot to pop the nose instead. Fakie is riding backwards.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:12 am
OM3N

Well I guess this is where I can tell the story of how absolutely amazing Rodney Mullen is.I was skating around this cool fountain, it had many ledges. I was just learning crooked grinds at this point (I was 12).(The ledge was off to the right of this pic)

This was many years before we had a skatepark, but there was one popular ledge there, which I was practicing my "k" grinds on.

All of a sudden Rodney Mullen showed up. I only had a vague realization that he was the best skater ever, guess I was a bit young.

He spent a long time explaining to me why the people smoking weed on the beach were bad. I clearly remember him telling me " If you want to skate, don't be like those guys."

Anyways there was 1 ledge whicich was just below knee high, and Rodney challenged me to a game of S-K-A-T-E
so as I said before I was learning the crooked grind, and Rodney did kickflip to crooked....

needless to say he kicked my little ass. His best trick was hardflip backsid 5-0 shuvs (for the skaters out there), but it is truly one of my favorite experiences in my whole memory!

When He beat me, he looked me right in the eye and said "Keep skating, don't listen to your friends in High School" And he walked into the middle of the sidewalk and did a backflip!

Rodney Mullen is probably the coolest person in the world!

Here is one of the few times he does public interviews.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cgJ0glrzw0
start that at 6:13 he is such a true fucking soul, almoust hard to believe.

How did Rodney innovate skateboarding by inventing the kickflip? answered here.

How did Rodney come up with the "Darkslide"? (sliding on the board upside down)?

How did Rodney invent the "Casper Slide" one of the many maneuvers that only rodney can do.

Edit: Rodney Mullen is the nicest and probably best human I have encountered on my strange travels
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 am
OM3N

How did he get so good?

He said himself practicing flatground everyday for 20+years

Please excuse my obsession but he is and always will be the best skateboarder on Earth.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:41 am
Captiv8

Dude IS zen. Great story, OM3N, and great interview. He's so softspoken and calm it's almost eerie.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:48 am
Confidential

wow, I had no idea Mullen was such a soft spoken guy. That's not the norm in skateboarding.
Post Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:20 am
Mac Lethal

Arguably the best new dude skateboarding today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3Cm-r9vzs

Arguably in the 5 best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSRB3nF1Bc
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

may not be the most tech skater but with the overall smooth style Tom Penny will always be one of my all-time favorites

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:24 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

classic.

Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:34 pm
Captiv8

Mac Lethal wrote:
Arguably the best new dude skateboarding today:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy3Cm-r9vzs

Arguably in the 5 best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKSRB3nF1Bc

That David Gonzalez kid is fearless! I haven't been that impressed by a skater in a long time. Thanks for the heads up, Mac.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:22 pm
jehu

^^^

no doubt. he reminds me of bmxer Van Homan.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

more tech videos?
Post Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:23 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next