Search
Register
The New Rolling Movie Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Captiv8

Saw Limitless the other night. Don't waste your time folks. The previews made it seem like there was going a different sort of movie then the one I saw. For a movie with such a liberated title this was incredibly boring. Bradley Cooper was convincing, and really I have no problem with the acting. The plot was just a bit ho-hum with a major hole that obviates a good portion of the movie. I didn't think this would be a gamechanger by any means, but I am definitely disappointed.
Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:26 pm
GrantherBirdly
D&D addict

source code was a very pleasant movie going experience. it was good to see gyllenhaal back in his native element of disoriented time traveling super bro.
Post Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:40 pm
ROTTY

Here is what i have watched recently.

Dead Mans Shoes- Really liked this movie. A justice of the avenging heart movie set in the midlands England. Paddy Considine is amazing.

Rubber- Arrogant little piece of shit Film. Dont waste your time no matter how "quirky" it appears

Collector- Liked this movie. I am a bit fed up with the Saw type of movies but i thought this one was great. If you get it on DVD you must watch the alternative ending for its hilarity.
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:09 am
Jesse Custer

GrantherBirdly wrote:
source code was a very pleasant movie going experience. it was good to see gyllenhaal back in his native element of disoriented time traveling super bro.

I was really pleasantly surprised by this. Wasn't expecting too much and it was really quite good.
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:36 am
Self Conscious

the last 3 movies i saw were:
The Good, the Bad, the Weird
After the Wedding
Animal Kingdom

id recommend all three
Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm
doogs

I saw the green hornet, badass movie, loads of laughs and pretty cool to look at.
i want to see the original now.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:55 am
ROTTY

doogs wrote:
I saw the green hornet, badass movie, loads of laughs and pretty cool to look at.

I really liked it despite Seth Rogans voice grinding on me 3/4 way thru.

Action/comedy is a bad combo normally. Rush hour and Bad boys suck in my opinion. But this was surprisingly good. Christopher Walz stole the show for me playing a gangster boss having a midlife crisis.
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:20 pm
doogs

ROTTY wrote:
doogs wrote:

I really liked it despite Seth Rogans voice grinding on me 3/4 way thru.

Action/comedy is a bad combo normally. Rush hour and Bad boys suck in my opinion. But this was surprisingly good. Christopher Walz stole the show for me playing a gangster boss having a midlife crisis.

yeah.. it was entertaining but i don`t know if it will age well.
it is a tricky combo..
Post Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:11 pm
Disharmony

I'm about halfway through enter the void and I just want to say fuck you to anyone who may have brought this to my attention. Easily one of the biggest bores ever. When it comes to pretentious and inane movie making, this director takes the cake.
Post Tue May 03, 2011 7:25 am
smake

The Green Hornet was kind of fun, but nothing hilarious. Christopher Waltz was funny. Seth Rogen had his moments, but it was weird to see a "superhero" who was really terrible at everything. I would have expected him to be a little better in the end. Now he just fumbled his way through the entire movie. I know that was the point, but it was a bit disaspointing. And not everything was that funny and the argument between him and Kato got boring.

All in all I had a fun time watching it, but nothing more.
Post Wed May 04, 2011 7:12 am
Captiv8

When I was about ten years younger I thought The Edge was the shit, mostly because I liked to think that I would be Charles Morse in a survival scenario. Cool, calm, collected, an with stoic conviction. Watching it tonight revealed some glaringly ridiculous moments, however. Apparently we're meant to believe that Charles and Bob stave off the man-eating bear with a carefully controlled circle of fire for an entire night... while somehow not starting a massive forest fire. This is after the goddamned bear chases Charles through the woods like a Tyrannosaurus, running straight through trees like matchsticks. And then when they finally kill it, on what appears to be a sapling no less, Charles has somehow become a skinner/tanner and he fashions neat little bear ponchos for himself and Bob. Overall I like the plot of the movie, but some of the things within are absurd. Sterling performances throughout, though.
Post Wed May 04, 2011 8:37 pm
ROTTY

I watched Black Death the other night. Not a bad movie. Lame ending.

I never knew Sage had taken up acting.....

Post Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 am
doogs

the beaver...
i dunno... its trying too hard to be indie, Its copying the style of a lot of films i like but too obviously, watered down and blended with hollywood themes.
mel pisses me off.
i wish he had stayed a drunken headcase with the puppet instead of getting his life together.
that would be a film worth watching.
Post Tue May 10, 2011 1:23 am
smake

Saw Still Bill yesterday, a documentary about Bill Withers (among others Ain't no Sunshine), who got fed up with the music business and hasn't put out any music since 1985.

Interesting documentary, moving at times, and a very thoughtful man. Brilliant songwriter and over all a classy guy.
Post Tue May 10, 2011 1:28 am
Self Conscious

the diving bell and the butterfly is a great movie, watched it yesterday.
i started Mesrine, my netflix on ps3 was working even with the outage but for some reason it stopped last week. i watched part 1 but i need to see part 2. i didnt really care about psn being down cause i can always play single player games but when netflix went down, i started caring, i use it every day.
Post Tue May 10, 2011 5:24 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next