::METAL::
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i really like that Black Cobra song posted
Post Sun Jul 29, 2012 10:53 am
Marcus Forealius

That Black Cobra song is off their most recent album 'Invernal'. Very solid listen all the way through.

Anyone up on Randy Blythe from Lamb of God being held in Prague on manslaughter charges? Curious to see what other information comes out on that situation.

http://www.spin.com/#articles/lamb-gods-randy-blythe-arrested-manslaughter-prague?image=1

The 41-year-old frontman is accused of fighting a fan at a 2010 show who later died of his injuries

Lamb of God frontman Randy Blythe was arrested yesterday in Prague on charges of manslaughter stemming from a 2010 altercation with a Czech fan who came onstage during one of the band's shows and later died from injuries he sustained in the scuffle.

Czech news outlet Novinky reports (via Blabbermouth and MetalSucks) that the as-yet-unnamed fan jumped on the relatively low stage during the May 24, 2010 show at a venue called Abaton, and that he and Blythe got into a physical fight. Though there is still seemingly no video evidence of the altercation online (you can watch Lamb of God performing "In Your Words" at the show in question below), it is rumored by "those who know the band" that the fan might have been hit in the head with a microphone before being forcibly removed from the stage by security.

"Randy Blythe was falsely accused," reads a statement from Lamb of God's reps. "There is a team of lawyers working on it and he will be exonerated." Blythe's brother Mark has also said that the charge is "bogus and outrageous and will be dropped immediately." The Richmond, Virginia, band was forced to cancel its show at Prague's Rock Café that night and last night tweeted "#FreeRandyBlythe." At press time, the message has been formally retweeted nearly 1,800 times in the past 12 hours.

"I've seen many bands in that club like Devildriver, Hatebreed, etc. and every metal fan in Prague knows that this is one of the 'stage-diving-friendly' clubs," one Lamb of God fan who attended the 2010 show in question, wrote on Facebook, also according to Blabbermouth. Hatebreed and Devildriver were OK with that. The guy climbed on stage and Randy slapped him and the guy fell on the ground (NOT off the stage), [Randy] sang few words to his face and pushed him back and said that he is not OK with people on the stage. A murder? I dont think so...that hit wouldn't kill you unless you're made of glass."

Lamb of God guitarist Willie Adler spoke out about Blythe's arrest this morning, voicing the band's general confusion as to what altercation Czech officials are referring to. "It's been a rough couple of days," he said. "All I can say is that I can't recall that particular show let alone a fan being beaten on the stage. I think I would've noticed something like that considering the Dime [the 2004 murder of Pantera guitarist 'Dimebag' Darrell Abbott] thing." He added that the band hoped to have its frontman released by this afternoon.

Earlier this year, Blythe spoke to SPIN for a Words of Wisdom interview in which he opened up about "remembering what's important," saying, "And for this band, it's certainly our families and where we've come from." He also stressed the importance of having a sense of perspective, citing his 20-year battle with alcoholism (he's been sober for two years): "I always thought nothing could ever beat me. But drinking beat me into a state of submission."

UPDATE (11:05 a.m. EDT): Lamb of God's representatives have released the following statement: "Lamb of God management will be issuing an official statement on Monday regarding the charges made against singer Randy Blythe. As no formal charges have yet been made and the case is only in the investigation stages, it would be premature to make an official statement filled with false truths or innuendos. Having said that, management wished to address today one false piece of information that has been included in many of the news stories released so far. Under no circumstances was there a fight of any kind involved," it reads. "This incident deals with a fan that three times during the concert jumped the barricade and rushed Randy during the performance. It is alleged that the third time, security was not able to reach him and that Randy pushed him back into the audience where supposedly he fell and hit his head."

The statement also adds that "until the investigation is concluded this weekend, nothing more will be released" by Blythe's camp.
Post Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:09 am
selfworth

that black cobra album cover looks like a rough sketch for a suffocation album to me
Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:42 pm
Captiv8

I've heard about this thing with Randy Blythe. My thing is, why return to the Czech R if you're wary of a crime may or may not have been committed? I'd hate to see dude on Locked Up Abroad, especially if he's innocent.
Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:47 pm
selfworth

so i saw that he has been released from jail
Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:26 am
Marcus Forealius

Yeah I had just heard that as well about him being out on bail.

Metal shows can be so crazy...

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 11:20 am
Flawed Logic

Location: Austin, TX - Albuquerque, NM - Kalamazoo, MI - Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN

I know this isn't "metal" per say but it's one of the last songs that I recorded with my band before I moved from Michigan to Albuquerque and it is finally finished so I figured I'd share it.

Cataclysm (Extended Version) by Sound the Silent
Post Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm
futuristxen

I have been listening a lot to Coldworld's Meloncholie2. Mixed in with Paysage D'hiver, Blut Aus Nord, Jex Thoth, and Funeral Mist.

I recommend all of them. Paysage d'hiver, Blut Aus Nord, and Coldworld especially if you like sort of ambient black metal.
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

jex thoth is beautiful

i posted some of her stuff some where in this forum, might have even made an entire thread but it didnt have any response

edit: found it

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=838508&sid=a5d20cd12bbb9e513bdd23a04c14f427
Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 8:35 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:32 pm
futuristxen

She's also in Sabbath Assembly which was good.

And in that vein Blood Ceremony and Subrosa are two other really good female led doom metal acts.
Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:55 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Post Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:02 pm
Captiv8

Do you guys light black candles and douse your capes in goat's blood while listening to this shit? Surely you yearn for something a bit more visceral than this funereal doom.

The good news is that the re-upping of this thread made me realize that there has been a dearth of good death metal out there of late. So I went on a little Easter egg hunt for some new or new to me music. Here's what I found:

Watchmaker - Kill.Fucking.Everyone and Erased from the Memory of Man. Shi-it! These guys sound like they've destroyed the recording studio on every song. It's mile-a-minute grind/thrash that sodomizes your eardrums. How does that work, anatomically speaking? Fuck knows, but I'm going to need cochlear implants after all is said and done. Think of a really pissed off Municipal Waste.

Gorod - Process of a New Decline. I remember hearing these French dudes' debut on Willowtip years ago, and then just loosing track of them as I got more and more into the brutal stuff. But these fretboard and bash-kit champions are into some really precise and I daresay melodic technical death metal. This ranges from huge and sweeping arpeggiated riffs to some rhythmic picking that almost sounds like it was meant for a symphony, a la Arsis' Diamond for Disease. Don't be fooled though; Gorod has brought some serious heat here too. They also have a more recent and equally awesome (I presume) record out on Unique Leader called A Perfect Absolution.

A similar band to the above that dabbles into the operatic is a Montreal-based band called Augury. They're a bit jazzier, but also quite good. And speaking of Quebec, how great have they been for metal? Voivod and Gorguts kicked it off, then you have Cryptopsy and Neuraxis, and even more recently Despised Icon and Beneath the Massacre. What a strange place.

Cephalic Carnage - Misled by Certainty. For no particular reason I stopped listening to these Rocky Mountain hydrogrinders after Anomalies. Turns out that was a mistake. It also turns out that smoking a lot of weed makes you really great at playing metal music (see also Bongzilla and Cannabis Corpse). Anyway, there's a little bit of everything on this record. You have your really brutal bits, your slower sludge bits, and even your tid-bits. Personally, I think CC is at their best when they just squash shit with heavy, booming riffs, but the transitions from different styles makes the powerful stuff bang that much harder.

Dying Fetus - Reign Supreme. This is one of the few metal bands that I really enjoy, and whose albums hold up really well over time. I had the pleasure of seeing these gentleman live and they dominated a show that was headlined by Cannibal Corpse and also included Devourment (another one of my all-time faves). Anyway, this latest album is everything you've come to expect from Dying Fetus: a straight-up skullfuck that will numb your toes and shame your family. The drums seem to be more triggered than past albums, and there is a little dalliance into finger-tapped riffs, but on the whole this is a juggernaut.

Benighted - Asylum Cave. I've known about these guys but for whatever reason never gave their music a chance. I was missing out. This is grinding uber-metal complete with vocals that range from cookie monster to raspy pig shrieks. I haven't heard vocals this diverse since Joe Horvath or Circle of Dead Children (though I suspect Benighted has two vocalists, but I might be mistaken). Simply put, this album is a hurricane of incredibly powerful animosity. It doesn't slow down or relinquish until you're twitching on the floor. Oh, and guess what? Also French. See also, Quebec.

Abominable Putridity - The Anomalies of Artificial Origin. My God, these Russians aim to impale with every single track. The vocals are disgustingly low and filthy, which is even more impressive for the lack of pitchshifting. The music is pummeling death metal in the same vein as Benighted, and even Dying Fetus for that matter. It's a little more neurotic than the other two, but just as heavy. I love it.

And that's what I have for now. Hopefully this sort of stuff will appeal to someone on here other than me. Enjoy.
Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:22 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ill def check some of that , I've been wanting some new faster harder metal as well
Post Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 19, 20, 21  Next