Search
Register
How do you go about getting into the ghostwriting buisness?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Plum Puddin'

First off, relax.

The internet is a crazy place full of chazwazza's.

Also, it's the future. You don't need studio time. Rappers these days are allowed to record into a tin can & sell it on the web.

Do you or friends make beats? If not why not? My 10 year old nephew can play a few chords.

What do you mean by 'most people dont like this type of shit' ?

What type of shit?

If you don't wanna post lyrics then tell us who you take influence from. Is it Sole or Immortal Technique, Gangsta Nip or Yarrah Bravo?
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:24 pm
Plum Puddin'

Oh you added another post. Oh well questions answered.

It sounds like you need to be the rapper.

How's your voice?
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:25 pm
SoSuhMe

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Oh you added another post. Oh well questions answered.

It sounds like you need to be the rapper.

How's your voice?
I dont have alot of confidence in my voice. As for my style yea i like to discuss serious topics, child abuse, some politics blah blah blah but i like alot of self-deprecation and trying to challenge stereotypes wether its embracing "gay" stuff. I used to be more poetic earlier but i been on a roll with the one liners.

"baby said she just want her vag full, i tell ole girl sorry i got a tad pole"

Now most of my friends would say im under suspicion for stuff like that. I just like to joke around alot. Everyone i know is to serious and trying to keep it gangsta. I like Danny Brown alot. Hes street but eccentric and pokes fun at himself.

"Me and my bros fuck hoes, super smash brothers"

"introduce you to my shit, meet the browns"

"Lets try to get along, everybody everywhere, i mean think about it, we all use chairs!"

"You steve martins wish u was dean martins, jokesters like steve harvey so treat me like broken engines, dont get me started"

"Stand behind my rhymes and illin, linebacker rapper, patrick willis"

"Keep it real, be careless rarely, you dudes dressed like some fruit pies, boysnberry"

Theres an idea of the type of shit i like to write. Most of my friends "dont get it" or think im mad suspect. Which i dont care, i dont write for them but it sure discourages me that what i think is ill is really fallin on deaf ears.
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:54 pm
SoSuhMe

"These days you got kids about yay high, off that yay high, no answer for this cancer but A.I. try anyway, but dont quit my day job"

"Lets see whos the most francis scott keyed, most musically inclined, we can go line for line"

Now like i said i think im alright but my friends tell me pretty much everything i write is wack. Then another friend recites some shit about flipping a quarter key and everyone in the room pops boners. Meanwhile we roll up a nick of some boo boo dank which it took 3 of us to scrape together a 5 spot to get... :( I just get really discouraged when people don't understand my shit. Its not that hard but they make me feel like i aint dumbin it down enough. I mean fuck...

"Im back at it like a crack addict, fell off the wagon, let me kill the beat let me take a stab at it"

And this is were i feel like no one could take me serious as a rapper. Ill sometimes present a line to friends just to test them. A line from a new Wayne or whoever song i know they prolly havent heard yet. Ill present it as mine and they will of course say its wack. Then two months later they forgot about that line, but they hear its origin. In a wayne song. All the sudden its a cold ass line to them. That just makes me realize i really wont get respect for anything i write no matter how cold it is. Which is why i at least in some way shape or form want my shit to be heard and get the little respect i feel like it deserves. It has to come out of someones mouth they already think is cool and acceptable to like. Then again these are the same people who heard yelawolf from me, thought he was dope, then found out he was white and then changed their minds saying he blows...
Post Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Thread got ILL, yo
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:11 am
Prontoid

i'm confused, are these your lines or someone elses?

I like the bit where your friends pretend rap about flipping a quarter key, i mean if your gonna lie, why not make it a whole key at least, better yet a billion keys....from overseas no less...
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:12 am
SoSuhMe

Prontoid wrote:
i'm confused, are these your lines or someone elses?

I like the bit where your friends pretend rap about flipping a quarter key, i mean if your gonna lie, why not make it a whole key at least, better yet a billion keys....from overseas no less...

Thats all shit i write in my ipod in the 30 second spurts of freedom i get at work. All very rough draft shit. I got notebooks full of other shit but i had to tone down the nihlistic tone. Ill even admit i was writing to much depressing shit. Very Joe buddened. Tryin to strike a balance.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:14 am
Plum Puddin'

Why do you want respect from these guys again?

It sounds to me like you don't like them very much.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:16 am
SoSuhMe

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Why do you want respect from these guys again?

It sounds to me like you don't like them very much.

Haha. Yea, i like chillin with them and all, we just differ way to much on musical taste and what we consider spittin. Their favorite rapper is Jeezy (who i like dont get me wrong). They consider him a lyrical god. I tried to Sage them...im sure you can imagine how that went...
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:18 am
SoSuhMe

I take music pretty seriously. I got into a fist fight when i was 16 because someone called Sage's shit "faggot shit". I got out of the back seat took my shirt off and said lets throw hands. Haha, i was missing the point that even sage wouldnt have taken it as an insult. I was hearing the message i just wasn't getting the point at the time. Ive done some growing up since then but have alot more growing to do.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:22 am
Plum Puddin'

Why don't you troll these dudes.

You got a mic & a computer?

Record some shit.
Chop n Screw that so it doesn't sound like you.
Stick it on a dirty south beat & tell em it's this new dude called Mag Million.
????
Profit.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:23 am
SoSuhMe

Plum Puddin' wrote:
Why don't you troll these dudes.

You got a mic & a computer?

Record some shit.
????
Profit.
Brilliant! I love how you came up with a perfectly plausible gangster rap moniker in like 3 seconds. You should be a record exec. I just gotta tell em' he just got signed to Grand Hustle and they will immediately fall in love.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:25 am
Disharmony

Fake posters are so lame and boring, couldn't even read most of the thread. Yawn.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:39 am
AharonHebert

You have to go down to Grindtime and apply for a job there. I don't know how your resume looks bu they're surprisingly picky about that stuff.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 12:52 am
Plum Puddin'

Disharmony wrote:
Fake posters are so lame and boring, couldn't even read most of the thread. Yawn.

Plum Pooface wrote:
Record some shit.
????
Profit.
Post results or forever be boring to Disharmony

Do any of you even exist?

Next your gonna be telling me Trav never existed.

I'm pretty sure Drake would buy these lines though..

"Stand behind my rhymes and illin, linebacker rapper, patrick willis"

"Keep it real, be careless rarely, you dudes dressed like some fruit pies, boysnberry"

You should tweet them to his face space.
Post Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:04 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next