Search
Register
New Batman
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Raoul DeGroot

Is dude still going to dress like he thinks he's a mexican pro wrestler?
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:28 pm
Dream Inspired

no way. clayface was a tragic character. sandman was the guy from wings and done very poorly.

i can see bane as a real world villain and that he would fit in better with the trilogy, i'll give you that. not my cup of psychopath tho.

killer croc. i don't like him but i'll throw him out there for good measure.

scarface would be interesting as a side story similar to scarecrow in the beginning of dark knught.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:29 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

tim burton should return and do a movie for arkam asylum
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:50 pm
Self Conscious

futuristxen wrote:
Bane's not some random english actor fool...

Educate thyself. If he does Bane like he does Bronson(which they are pretty similar characters), then he could be better than Ledger's Joker. Watch Bronson and tell me I'm wrong.

<div></div><div>BRONSON: Movie Trailer. Watch more top selected videos about: Matt King, Katy Barker</div>

Bane could be a terrific character if done properly. He's basically a class struggle against people like Bruce Wayne. In fact in the comics he's hispanic, son of a revolutionary, born into the prison system, and in response perfects his body and mind--there's a class tension there in the character's concept that would be dope to see explored. Suprised they didn't get Del Toro to be him though. But yeah, Hardy is mental.

I thought this thread would be about Dick Grayson being the new Batman.

Tom Hardy is a great actor, i have no doubt that he will make an amazing bane. I also trust Nolan. would have loved to see eva green as Selina Kyle/Catwoman though.

Bane is not a piece of shit character because he has the smarts and strength to fight batman. he can match batman on both fronts. hush, hugo strange, black mask or deadshot would have been cool too. This movie has a great cast.
Post Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:52 pm
xGasPricesx

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing somewhere that there was one more villian that has yet to be announced. I'm also thinking that Selina Kyle will act more of a love interest than as a villian, because they need a new one after they killed Rachel off. God forbid we have a big budget blockbuster movie without a romance tacked on.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:02 am
smake

Problem is that The Joker was meant to be in the third movie. That has probably turned the storyline completely upside down. With The Joker they could have gone Silence of the Lambs style with The Riddler being tracked down and The Joker needed for advice, or Harley Quinn could have been introduced.

A detective style movie with The Riddler would have been cool too I think (think Se7en). I have no idea what the story will be now, don't know if they are going for Catwoman (no confirmation indeed, just Selina Kyle). Bane could be cool, wonder what role he will play.

I trust Nolan though, both movies are great.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:27 am
futuristxen

I've never liked the Riddler. He's like a poor man's Joker without any of the fun.

Morrison's recent run has a lot of good villians in it. Mr. Pyg would be nightmarish in a film.

I hope they do Catwoman right. She can be a really dope character when she's written well.

Wouldn't mind seeing Zatanna as a love interest/Prestige-ish type magician.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:14 am
Jesse Custer

Just to note, none of the press about this has confirmed Catwoman, I don't think. It has just confirmed that Selina Kyle will be in the film. It's a fairly safe assumption I guess, but thought it was worth pointing out, and it does throw up the question of how much Catwoman there will be even if she is in the flick.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:55 am
Mikal kHill

futuristxen wrote:
I've never liked the Riddler. He's like a poor man's Joker without any of the fun.

Morrison's recent run has a lot of good villians in it. Mr. Pyg would be nightmarish in a film.

I hope they do Catwoman right. She can be a really dope character when she's written well.

Wouldn't mind seeing Zatanna as a love interest/Prestige-ish type magician.

I think the riddler works when it's played up how much of a coward he really is and the fact that he isn't totally a psychopath like the joker... he doesn't work as a main villain, but I think he works well as a secondary character.

I'd love to see something done with Mr. Freeze like what was done in the animated series, like someone already said.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:40 am
Flossin

Mikal kHill wrote:
I'd love to see something done with Mr. Freeze like what was done in the animated series, like someone already said.

Didn't they use the exact same origin from the animated series in the Schwarzenegger movie? I don't think they'd go for the same story that "Batman & Robin" (poorly) covered already.
Are there any good things about Mr. Freeze other than this version of his origin? Any good stories with him as the center character? Cause he seems a bit like a character whose only claim to fame is the already done at least twice (probably a lot more in other media..) origin. At least to me. I might not be up on my Mr. Freeze knowledge, though.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:56 am
Disharmony

I'd prefer an entirely new character not conceived in any past batman installments.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 7:21 am
Brynjar

Jesse Custer wrote:
Just to note, none of the press about this has confirmed Catwoman, I don't think. It has just confirmed that Selina Kyle will be in the film. It's a fairly safe assumption I guess, but thought it was worth pointing out, and it does throw up the question of how much Catwoman there will be even if she is in the flick.

True but they also said in the first press release for BB that Cillian Murphy would play Dr. Jonathan Crane and for DK Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent.

smake:
Where did you read that Joker was going to be in the third one before Ledger died?
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:05 am
smake

Can't really find the source, it was mostly rumours and speculation though, but it makes sense that the joker, just like Scarecrow, would still play a part in the third movie.

Can't find any quotes though, but I read it on filmblogs or comic movie sites. So it wasn't official or anything.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:06 am
PoetryBox

smake wrote:
Can't really find the source, it was mostly rumours and speculation though, but it makes sense that the joker, just like Scarecrow, would still play a part in the third movie.

Can't find any quotes though, but I read it on filmblogs or comic movie sites. So it wasn't official or anything.

I remember reading an interview with Nolan awhile back where he stated that the Joker was indeed gonna be a major part of the third movie. The Joker was gonna be in jail through out the whole movie and Batman would come to him for advice to catch someone or some shit like hannible lecter type thing.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:30 am
Dr Sagacious

Bane is an excellent choice. It was also really the only choice they had in this film, because Riddler would've been Joker only less psychotic and with OCD. Bane is an awesome villain, it's already been said in this thread.

I'm more interested in how much ass Tom Hardy is going to kick playing that role. Bronson is an A+ film.
Post Wed Feb 16, 2011 11:33 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next