Search
Register
friends that have gone a little nuts
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Astro

I got two friends bombing my facebook with links to there GoFundMe.com page. One is trying to raise $6000 for a trip. The details are to "Start someplace warm...". She hit my father in laws facebook. The other one is asking for donations to send him on a trip to work as photographer on a shoot in the Dominican Republic. The person who hired him is not payin him, you see. He has to raise sponsor money to go. then sell the calendars to get paid. What the fuck is going on?
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 pm
RealJustice

My 21 year old brother-in-law is currently in the 2012 mindset, convinced magic is real, and tends to talk about "The Real Truth" - whatever that is.

I think its just a passing phase, but I try to reach out to him by giving him stuff by Joseph Campbell, because he gets down on myth and folkways and I just wanna steer him away from the Hancocks and the Sitchins and the Ickes.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm
neveragainlikesheep

An over-abundance of readily available and often bogus information mixed with tens of thousands of minds that were not properly taught how to fend for themselves intellectually speaking is whats going on.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:19 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Astro wrote:
I got two friends bombing my facebook with links to there GoFundMe.com page. One is trying to raise $6000 for a trip. The details are to "Start someplace warm...". She hit my father in laws facebook. The other one is asking for donations to send him on a trip to work as photographer on a shoot in the Dominican Republic. The person who hired him is not payin him, you see. He has to raise sponsor money to go. then sell the calendars to get paid. What the fuck is going on?

I don't even know where to start with this. I'm so sick of people throwing fundraisers for themselves. For their own selfish purposes while passing it off as something else. Have some motherfucking dignity.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:24 pm
futuristxen

Everyone on my facebook is pretty solid. Maybe I'm the weird one.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 8:41 pm
Confidential

I'm on the 2012 tip myself, but I think I understand it different than in the lazy apocalyptic sense. I think the new age political fascism hodgepodge is silly, and the appropriation of native cosmo-visions is a little offensive, but I ain't really mad anymore. The world is really complex, changing fast, traditional institutions and paradigms are grasping to maintain their legitimacy, and there's a constant sense of alienation, of insecurity, and contradiction. So, I see these "friends gone a little crazy" as a coping strategy, and of trying to make sense of a world that makes very little sense. I don't have too many conspiracy theorists on my FB. I actually see in the last few days, joy for Egypt, acts of solidarity, friends visiting their ancestral lands, and poeple going through changes. The "friends" from high school sometimes have very little critical thinking skills, but, they don't teach those in high school and most of them didn't go to college, so...luckily no one posts about tea party shit or NWO-Trilateral-Obama-UFO-Mayan astronomy hodge podge.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:13 pm
z-spot22

haha what the f is goin on in here? ok, im about to tell y'all the truth...call 'em my 10 commandments if you will. (these are the things I like to think about.....)

1. Obama is NOT the anti-Christ.....he's actually the underground leader of the P-Stones, can you dig it? he's just not ready to reveal that truth yet. Hitler will in fact be resurrected via DNA and stem cell scientific kinda stuff and HE will become the anti-Christ

2. The Illuminati does in fact exist, but they are actually all Ninjas

3. Muslims are cool. Terrorists are not.

4. Cracking you knuckles does not cause arthritis, cauliflower does.

5. The biggest conspiracy is believing that there is in fact a conspiracy.

6. Star Wars is real. (p.s. fun fact, Chuck Norris was in all 6 Star Wars movies. He was known as the force)

7. Right now at this very moment there are millions and millions of people all over the world.

8. Everyone needs to be hit in the face at least once in their life.

9. 2012. John Cusak. Believe that shit.

10. What the fuck were we talking about again?
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:15 pm
Z-0

Confidential wrote:
joy for Egypt, acts of solidarity

this was her starting point. then her outlook morphed, within 24hrs, into "OBAMA IS SATAN, HITLER, A GENOCIDAL MANIAC.....WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (but not in the communist sense)!!!!!!"
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:23 pm
Confidential

[quote="Z-0"]
Confidential wrote:
.WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (but not in the communist sense)!!!!!!"

Was the parenthetic notation hers? Cause that is mind-blowing.
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:42 pm
Z-0

[quote="Confidential"]
Z-0 wrote:
Confidential wrote:
.WORKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE (but not in the communist sense)!!!!!!"

Was the parenthetic notation hers? Cause that is mind-blowing.

yep. though the message wasnt as i presented it in my previous post. she was referring to Egypt and the current events and commented that the workers of the world are uniting and must continue to do so..."but not in the communist sense".
Post Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:27 pm
Confidential

By the way, I think I'm spending too much time on the facebookz. You try to leave and it gives you this guilt trip about such and such female is going to miss me. Plays with my emotions. Is nothing but a data mine and nothing really meaningful. On the other hand I have connected with a few poeple that are worth staying in touch with, only thing is i'm not sure its worth it. hm
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:59 am
BillyDistro

can someone post this video of kids singing to obama or whatever?
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:30 am
neveragainlikesheep

www.youtube.com
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 am
neveragainlikesheep

Also, just deleted an old high school friend who called me a brainwashed left winger for posting an article about Muslim and Christian unity during the Egyptian Revolution and calling out Glenn Beck's bs on the matter.

He told me to stop hating after he said Crash didn't know anything about Glenn Beck and only worked under preconceived notions of the man.

People done lost they minds.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:33 am
Confidential

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
An over-abundance of readily available and often bogus information mixed with tens of thousands of minds that were not properly taught how to fend for themselves intellectually speaking is whats going on.

I think this is what I was getting at, but you put it more concisely.

Where has Glenn Beck been? I saw that one shtick he did with the "Greece is on fire, Tunisia is on fire, Egypt is on fire..." How wonder how he is handling all this popular support for the coming insurrection.
Post Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:54 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next