Search
Register
Feeding meat to children is child abuse?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Disharmony

What a poor argument. Going with feeding your children over processed-unhealthy-hormone and antibiotic injected mutant meat would have been a better argument for abuse.
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:47 pm
anomaly
Loserface

the entire video; all i could hear is his lips smacking inbetween nonsense words.

Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:24 pm
Sarcastro

this is a joke right?

"I've actually met with real life pigs"
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:21 pm
Captiv8

I would never consider feeding meat to my kids to be abuse. That said, I am pushing for as much as a vegetarian diet as possible. At the very least I'd like to keep it pescatarian. I don't want to be too restrictive either, so that they rebel Catholic-style once they hit the age of reason and eat every animal in sight.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:46 am
BillyDistro

selfworth wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:
I think letting children drink pop freely is abusive and neglectful... but I'm bitter.

i agree,that's just bad parenting in general. kids can't grow up thinking soda is a daily routine drink, it is a sometime thing and is never a caffeinated drink, at least in my house, that's the way we treat soda.

I have watched my sister raise two boys and juggle hard to be an amazing mother while constantly working over time. Over the years she has grown as a more positive person and great mom and has made the word sacrifice for her kids an understatement. One of my nephews had had some medical surgery that was pretty scary on his abdomen when he was real young. My sister in no way has ever been 'abusive' or 'neglectful' to any of her kids remotely. It's a damn soda. They can have one whenever they want. And the thing is, since they can they don't always have one. Plenty of juice and milk but then again some people are beginning to think that the milk is child abuse too. Lighten up before the world ends in 2012.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:14 am
Jesse Custer

Kids are way more perceptive that they get given credit for. It's not about what you let them do or not do. It's about what they see you do and how you behave. And they see everything. And that's where they learn their behaviour.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 10:43 am
sarah q

Jesse Custer wrote:
Kids are way more perceptive that they get given credit for. It's not about what you let them do or not do. It's about what they see you do and how you behave. And they see everything. And that's where they learn their behaviour.

This is part of what upset me so much about the conversation I was having, is that their side was basically like "If you feed your children meat you are teaching them violence, you are teaching them to ignore the consequences of their actions and how it affects the world around them".

To which I responded with "I'm guessing many vegans here were fed meat growing up, but still managed to grow into compassionate adults that advocate for animal rights and speak out about animal cruelty, no?"

No one was having it. I was ruining their meat-eater hating party and they wanted me to leave.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:30 am
anomaly
Loserface

I had a friend facebook about eating kangaroo.....did you know people do that? Especially in a place like Dallas, TX?

For some reason, I sided w/ the kangaroo and called her a murderer, but then had a burger for lunch. Is it because cows and chickens aren't cute, but kangaroos are adorable?
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:35 am
PoetryBox

BillyDistro wrote:
selfworth wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:
I think letting children drink pop freely is abusive and neglectful... but I'm bitter.

i agree,that's just bad parenting in general. kids can't grow up thinking soda is a daily routine drink, it is a sometime thing and is never a caffeinated drink, at least in my house, that's the way we treat soda.

I have watched my sister raise two boys and juggle hard to be an amazing mother while constantly working over time. Over the years she has grown as a more positive person and great mom and has made the word sacrifice for her kids an understatement. One of my nephews had had some medical surgery that was pretty scary on his abdomen when he was real young. My sister in no way has ever been 'abusive' or 'neglectful' to any of her kids remotely. It's a damn soda. They can have one whenever they want. And the thing is, since they can they don't always have one. Plenty of juice and milk but then again some people are beginning to think that the milk is child abuse too. Lighten up before the world ends in 2012.

Coke was something I had as a kid when ever there were guests over at the house, other then that my parents banned me and my siblings from drinking it on a regular bases. We werent kids that rebelled so we did as we were told. Im glad that they did that.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:37 am
sarah q

anomaly wrote:
I had a friend facebook about eating kangaroo.....did you know people do that? Especially in a place like Dallas, TX?

For some reason, I sided w/ the kangaroo and called her a murderer, but then had a burger for lunch. Is it because cows and chickens aren't cute, but kangaroos are adorable?

How do you get kangaroo in Dallas?
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:37 am
PoetryBox

I know in Toronto, and I'm sure in most major cities, there are exotic meat resturants you can find that serve anything from turtles, fogs, alligators, horses, snake, and yes even kangaroos. I'm sure theres more but from what I've seen and heard those are the ones that I can remember right now.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:40 am
redball

sarah q wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Order it.
http://www.czimers.com/2.html
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:45 am
sarah q

PoetryBox wrote:
BillyDistro wrote:
selfworth wrote:
T-Wrex wrote:

Coke was something I had as a kid when ever there were guests over at the house, other then that my parents banned me and my siblings from drinking it on a regular bases. We werent kids that rebelled so we did as we were told. Im glad that they did that.

I think I might try to avoid letting my kids drink soda made with HFCS and try and find something made with real sugar instead, but I'm not sure I'd outlaw it all together. My parents let me drink and eat whatever the hell I wanted when I was a kid, including soda, and I never eat junk food, fast food or drink soda now. That's a lie, I occasionally eat potato chips or drink the Yacht club soda they have at my work, but not even every week. My diet is pretty rich in fresh vegetables, lentils, beans and brown rice. That's the great part about being human, you are endowed with the gift of reason and can make decisions for yourself. Also my mom was pretty clever about getting me and my sister into vegetables. She would cut up carrots and celery and broccoli and put it on a big plate with a thing of dressing and come sit down in front of the tv with us and not even offer us any, but because she was eating it, my sister would want it too, then after a few minutes she'd sneak off and we'd end up devouring the whole plate of vegetables. That's a good style right there.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:47 am
redball

Don't avoid HFCS in products that are meant to be sweet. Watch for its inclusion in products that are usually more savory. HFCS has basically no proven disadvantage compared to sugar. The problem is that because its cheaper its used to sweeten everything. That leads to far higher caloric content in foods than need be, but the sweetness keeps consumers coming.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:51 am
sarah q

redball wrote:
sarah q wrote:
anomaly wrote:

Order it.
http://www.czimers.com/2.html

That's an impressive list right there. Who knew.
Post Fri Jan 21, 2011 11:54 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next