Search
Register

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sarcastro

TWO MORE DAYS!!
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:34 pm
selfworth

i enjoyed the crazy stories, they were always so outlandish. it brightened my day to read some craziness about flooding streets and handcuffing yourself to your stolen bike, it was entertaining while it lasted, but why not just fade away and leave people guessing as to what happened to you? keeping everyone guessing is so much better than putting it out there. it's the the difference between the banksy and joaquin phoenix docs., banksy works because you are left guessing about so many things, where the other, not so much because you were made aware of the joke.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:24 pm
Shinigami

sounds like a real boring book.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:04 pm
LikeWise

Nobody is truly real on the internet, so why should CRAZY be?

In the end, I mildy enjoyed a few of her preposterous stories...which I bought into occasionally. However, I'm more interested in Michael Michael Motorcycle's big reveal.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:16 pm
Captiv8

LikeWise wrote:
Nobody is truly real on the internet, so why should CRAZY be?

In the end, I mildy enjoyed a few of her preposterous stories...which I bought into occasionally. However, I'm more interested in Michael Michael Motorcycle's big reveal.

I think I'm pretty much the same here as I am in real life. I take a little time to blossom, but once I do it's like a secret garden of kisses and laughter. And gnomes.

M3 is 100% legit. You can't fake that kind of keystyle funk.
Post Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:48 pm
Bob_ptmfus

You know, the news that C.R.A.Z.Y. didn't really exist doesn't feel like much of a betrayal or anything. But if MP3D and his deer venison bust turned out to be fake, I think I'd die a little in the inside.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:25 am
AdamBomb

Captiv8 wrote:

M3 is 100% legit.

I concur. If he's not real, then I quit the internetz. It would take one sick piece of work to take it that far.

Mancabbage better be real, too.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:41 am
futuristxen

The point is actually that everyone is real on the internet. Even when they're pretending not to be. Crazy's posts didn't come out of thin air. They were the product of deliberate thoughts/intentions.

Really what's happening here is an admission to lying to all of you. It's not a real/not real equation.

But even that is a tenous accusation because I think it points to an idea that we could distinguish between a lie and a truth in this forum--which we really can't. You believe whatever is most useful to you at any given moment. It's not like anyone was even running continuity checks on Crazy's stories. It's because that's not what is important for our experience here on the forum. Most people come to this forum to pass the time, learn a few things, and maybe be entertained.

I mean at the end of the day how most of you know that Crazy isn't one of Sage's alter-egos? You don't. But it doesn't matter either way. Content is content.

Truth and reality are questions for a hundred years ago. I think as a post-information society, we've moved past that. Truth is no longer what is important to us. Just look at our news channels/overall pop culture. Information is what's important to us. Mass consumption of as many narratives as possible. Information is sustinence. Which may even tie into the devolution of our dietary habits. We're turning into lifeless godhead lumps. I don't know whether we're moving up or down, and I don't care/that's the point.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:02 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This forum is so funny. I will own up to MMMC (since I can't keep up with him anymore) and Steppen (which people probably already knew.) Both characters were for the sake of having fun while life was getting too really real. Oh, also Mr 9999 which I need to bring back so I can stop looking at the name "Sage Francis" every time I post.

yeah. And C.R.A.Z.Y. is real. I also think most of her posts were based in reality though some stories were obviously made up. I love her contributions to this forum and I hate when she makes attempts to break free from us.

Boom. Happy 2011.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:11 am
futuristxen

I knew you were MMMC(I forget who told me), but the thing I didn't know or couldn't figure out was how you released "new recordings" for MMMC. Did you manipulate your vocals for those? Or were they old recordings?
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am
Disharmony

Sage wishes he was MMMC. No one is that good.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:49 am
Mark in Minnesota

Hah. I completely fell for mmmc. And here I thought I had pretty good instincts for that kind of thing.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:50 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

futuristxen wrote:
I knew you were MMMC(I forget who told me), but the thing I didn't know or couldn't figure out was how you released "new recordings" for MMMC. Did you manipulate your vocals for those? Or were they old recordings?

Good question. The MMMC character evolved out of all the bad demos I've received over the years.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:53 am
smake

Wait, you were MMMC? Ah man! I totally fell for that one. And it is kinda dissapointing he isn't real. Well played sir.

Still remember a bit from one line from MMMC: "your girlfriends xbox and I have the controller". Made me chuckle.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:01 am
Plum Puddin'

i think that was mentioned before.

or i'm a mind wizard..... lets just go with the 2nd one.

anyway..

RIP MMC :(

somewhere theres a lonely imaginary Hal making melancholy hyphy beats.

keep it hyphy Hal.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:34 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next