Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

jehu

MYOWNCLICHE wrote:
Do I keeps guns in my bedroom.........

EVERY CHANCE I GET.

haha. nice.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:23 pm
Rhino

I only read like the first three posts of this thread. But I currently have 3 handguns and 3 shotguns in my bedroom. 2 handguns are locked in a box, unloaded. I have one handgun in my underwear drawer, unloaded. Ive just been to lazy to transfer it to the lockbox. I have 2 shotguns under the bed, unloaded. And a shotgun in the closet, unloaded.

The chances are if someone gets into your home while you are sleeping. There is a less than 10% chance that a loaded gun by your bedside is going to be effective. An intruder will almost always have the upperhand unless its some drunk crack addict. Especially if you arent specifically trained like a police officer or military personel. So, whats by my bed. A 36inch maglite. I also have a 3.5yr old so have an accessible gun isnt the safest solution.

Get a fucking dog. Much better solution than a gun.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:34 pm
Rhino

anomaly wrote:
mortalthoughts wrote:
question for people who have shotguns for home defense

what kind of rounds do you guys use, slug, birdshot? low velocity rounds??

just curious is all

currently I have slugs. If they get past the 2 pitbulls, they get the flying fists of fury. If the flying fists of fury don't work, they get the slug.

I like the idea of loading a shotgun by alternating between buckshot and slugs. First round buckshot, you dont have to be as accurate. If the buck doesnt drop him but slows him down, aim in better and finish the job with a slug.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:38 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

i ordered this on amazon a few days ago.

it's supposed to be really good.

my zombie plan involves all my camping gear + canned food + parents sailboat.

i've never owned a gun and i don't see a reason to. if i lived out in the country i'd get a rifle; i imagine i'd enjoy hunting. right now i live in DC and it's pretty much impossible to own a gun (legally) even if i wanted to.

i just don't see a gun as making my life any safer.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

back when i was growing up between detroit city and the country, my family always had a vast land, or a valuable property and at night always people would either break into their property, to steal it, or onto their land for similar purpose. i don't know how many times i saw my step father go into his drawer, get out a pistol and fire it off into the sky as a warning shot. then everything would be fine. when we didn't have a gun around shit would get robbed and sacked. i dunno, i'm not afraid of guns, growing up in a serious business family, i am desensitized to them for security purposes and also never saw anything bad happen with one in the line of family business.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:34 pm
selfworth

i have about 10 guns in my house, they are all made by nerf, they are quite accurate at about 20 feet. but seriously, i have no want for a gun in my house, i don't want my kids in a house with a gun, they make me nervous, even though i grew up in a house full of guns and know how to use them. my father is actually a gun dealer, but i'm definitely not a fan.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:54 pm
penelope

I actually grew up with a 22 in my bedroom... and amo, never locked... i used to dry-fire every day... i was a biathalete. I was walking to the range one day with my rifle on my back and came across what appeared to be a rabid racoon - I backed away and ended up making a huge detour... it didn't occur to me until the next day that I had a weapon.

interlope! i'm not very memorable. ha.
i have a dog ... she was supposed to be the frontline in the event of an intruder - not so much.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 7:18 pm
BillyDistro

hand rests in the box, head rests in an open stun. then i remember, i don't even own a gun...
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:33 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5