Search
Register
Do you keep a gun in your bedroom?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I don't have a gun per se, but there's this mob of Somalian gangsters living in my kitchen. They protect me from Mormon Missionaries.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:52 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

I keep a cannon in the bedroom.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:56 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

breakreep wrote:
I don't have a gun per se, but there's this mob of Somalian gangsters living in my kitchen. They protect me from Mormon Missionaries.

Oh honey, you don't need a gun or a gang of Somalians to protect you....you have harnessed the power and your love for science into a lightning bolt that you can throw at people, remember?!
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:12 am
WrathChild

I have 14 guns in my room, all locked in my safe. I didn't buy them for protection. I do however have a Judge that I keep in a pistol safe in my nightstand but I didn't buy it for protection, more for the novelty. I use my guns for competitive clay shooting (sporting, skeet, & trap) and competitive distance shooting.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 am
phataccino

I own two guns, a .22 caliber Colt revolver and a 12-gauge shotgun. I inherited both when my grandfather died when I was a kid. I grew up in a rural area and used to shoot them fairly regularly--a few times a year anyway--but just at cans bottles and whatnot. When I moved out of my parents' house I left them behind and that's where they've been for the last 13 years, but I've been thinking about bringing them home. The town I live in has seen a huge increase (nearly 100%) in home invasions in the past two years, and robberies and burglaries are up more than 50% in the same time. The economy, closure of the jail, budget cuts at the local PD and sheriff's office, and a cutback in rehab and other services for the big population of meth users here have all contributed to the huge crime increase. There have been over a dozen robberies and burglaries reported at homes and businesses within a 1/2 mile radius of my house in the last year, and some of them have involved guns.

My job is very public and I piss people off from time to time and actually considered getting a concealed carry permit a couple years ago after I received some threats, but so far I've remained gun free. Each day though, it seems like I hear something that makes me think more and more about bringing my guns home, at least the handgun.

I've got a 19-month-old daughter and one on the way, so if I do bring it home I'll definitely be investing in a handgun safe to keep under the bed or wherever, which can be a little pricey for a good one, but it's definitely something I've considered more and more in recent months.

Plus you just never know when you may need to shoot a motherfucker.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:33 am
medicineman
HALFLING

Is there anyplace we could perhaps find statistics on how often having a gun actually does you any good in the case of a home invasion? I've heard one anecdotal story in my entire life.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:46 am
Z-0

i keep something very similar to this under my bed

and it isnt to protect my family or any other grand notion. having it alleviates my personal anxieties, which are thoroughly irrational if put into a historical personal experience based context. it may be a liberating event should i throw it out.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:06 am
RoNn1e

Z-0 wrote:
i keep something very similar to this under my bed

Do you also have a top hat filled with C4?
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:38 am
PoetryBox

For some reason since I was a kid I've always had this fear at the back of my mind of people breaking into my house while im sleeping and murdering me and my family...i have no idea what caused this. I do keep a metal rod under my bed tho just in case.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:48 am
X the Outsider

I don't own any guns but my door is locked if I'm going to sleep or in the shower. During the day it's unlocked, but I've known people who did lock their doors during the day. It makes sense to me, but I'm not that paranoid.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:52 am
PoetryBox

X the Outsider wrote:
I don't own any guns but my door is locked if I'm going to sleep or in the shower. During the day it's unlocked, but I've known people who did lock their doors during the day. It makes sense to me, but I'm not that paranoid.

For me its the opposite, I dont know anyone who does leave their locks open when there home. At home we always keep it locked and really dont even think about leaving it unlock..why would you
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:58 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Why would you leave your door unlocked? How many times have you heard of someone just walking into a home with malicious intent?

I think if someone wanted to harm you or your property, a door lock isn't going to help.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:21 pm
ROTTY

This is me with my best gun. This Gun is so cool. It will only go off if there is trouble and if you feel suicidal this gun will cheer you up instead of tempting you....Only downer is that this gun farts a lot.

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:29 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I want one of these guns so bad.

I will look like such a badass walking this badass who will likely be taller than me. Or at least, close.

Die, bad guys, DIE!

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:36 pm
ROTTY

zagadka wrote:
I want one of these guns so bad.

I will look like such a badass walking this badass who will likely be taller than me. Or at least, close.

Die, bad guys, DIE!

Irish wolf hound. Bread to kill wolves. Nice choice. A lady down the road has 2 of them. Easy to train.
Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 12:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next