Search
Register
B. Dolan's CHURCH OF LOVE & RUIN TOUR. Finished!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Dr Sagacious

erich wrote:
more than two shakes? that's getting carried away.

Haha. Yes.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:39 am
xxdr. mad69xx

I'm going to be in New York when the show is going on. Just bought my tickets.
Post Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:07 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

Just a heads up that we've added another show to this span of time, featuring myself and Jamie Dewolf.

I'll be talking more about who Jamie is in the coming month, but suffice it to say for now that he's an extremely talented performance poet who first gained his national rep as part of a group called the Suicide Kings... he remains one of a handful of poets I've seen performing poetry with integrity in that scene, and it's a rare thing to have him on the east coast performing his work.

Two nights before the Church of Love & Ruin Tour starts, Jamie & myself will be doing a more intimate kind of set at Amherst college, probably just trading poems back and forth for 90 minutes or so and then hanging out for a q&a with the audience.

Details on that show will be posted here when I have them, but we've just locked it in.

Feb 8, 2011 - Mead Art Museum @ Amherst College - 7pm

If you're in the neighborhood and want to catch a more candid side of Jamie & myself before the bedlam begins, I'm sure it'll be a special kind of set.
Post Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:47 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

xGasPricesx wrote:
HolyfuckImsoexcited. Just booked my ticket for the flight out to Boston. This went from being a 0% chance to being a sure thing in less than 24 hours. Flying all the way out from Phoenix, Arizona for this show (and to see my good friend and my unofficial god daughter). But god damn am I excited for this and I'm so glad I'm going to get to see it first hand.

That's really exciting to hear, man. I hoped people would react like this to this kind of show... and am taking it as a very good sign.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:15 am
freddy freidghart

have you guys discussed maybe taking it to Austin for SXSW? A showcase there would seem very fitting.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:38 am
futuristxen

Right now odds are against me getting to this unfortunately. The hotel I work at, and the one my partner works at are both short staffed for the slow season, and because of that it's not looking good on getting those days off to fly out. Still an outside chance, but right now not looking that great. Which is annoying because I've talked to B. about this exact show for a couple years now I think, ha. This is the B. Dolan show I've always thought should be going down.

I'll be buying the shit out of that DVD though, and crossing my fingers that this is successful enough to happen again sometime. As well as hoping something breaks soon on the time off front. Literally it's not even time off for that weekend we're needing, it's for my wife to get her actual normal days off.
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:46 am
hank

b. dolan wrote:
Europe shows are in the works for 2011. This is just how we're setting things off.

would love to see this in Middelburg
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:59 pm
Bicycle

So I think I'll go to the Maine show. this sounds like it should be quite the experience. If anyone else goes, Ill be the out of place looking kid with the sweatshirt nervously looking about the room and quietly wishing death upon the entire portland population
Post Tue Jan 18, 2011 4:31 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

freddy freidghart wrote:
have you guys discussed maybe taking it to Austin for SXSW? A showcase there would seem very fitting.

It looked like a SXSW show might happen, but it's unfortunately not in the cards. What Cheer? is headed to New Orleans for Mardis Gras close to that time.

I am working on some SXSW thangs though. Announcements on that to follow.
Post Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:46 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

"Church Bulletin: Get to Know Jamie & Sissy DeWolf"

This is the first in a series of blogs I'll be posting, giving folks a little background about the performers joining me on this tour. Tickets for these shows are going FAST. http://www.BDOLAN.net/ and order soon!"

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/blogs/b-dolan-blog/church-bulletin-get-to-know-jamie-sissy-dewolf/
Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 am
sarah q

B, are you and What Cheer? going to do Border Crossing again? I kind of assumed that was a once in a lifetime opportunity and I'd never get to see it again, but I'm really excited by the idea that it might happen. Either way I'll be there!
Post Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:51 am
b. dolan
FBI agent

"Border Crossing" is only the beginning, really. We're working on a full encore together, including a cover that I think is going to drop a lot of jaws.

13 Days left! Holy shit have I got work to do...
Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:56 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

The Failure is totally pro Christian. I know he's having spiritual struggles on FHSC, but he did at one time have a relationship with Christ. I understand his need for spirituality because we share a common friend.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:03 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I've heard Jamie many times on Indiefeed Performance Poetry podcast.
I'm an Indiefeed fanboy.
Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:26 pm
b. dolan
FBI agent

the mean wrote:
The Failure is totally pro Christian. I know he's having spiritual struggles on FHSC, but he did at one time have a relationship with Christ. I understand his need for spirituality because we share a common friend.

Say what now?
Post Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:15 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next