View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

T-Wrex
p00ny tang

spooky..
seems like a bright kid..

Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:21 pm
futuristxen

Well until you factor in that he decided shooting a local Representative in the head, was an effective means to well...anything. Then he seems like a sad dummy, who got his head twisted in.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:47 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Asterax wrote:
The governor elects an intern replacement upon the death (hopefully not the case with Rep. Giffords) of a representative. Then they do an special election for a replacement.

This is what got me.

Good god that's heartbreaking.

T-Wrex wrote:
spooky..

This pothead is an idiot. His video is the ranting video of an idiot. His weed-motivated paranoia is the paranoia of an idiot. The legions of Californian weed-fueled "radical" kids is bad enough, but all they do is forget to vote and lazily call it protest if they remember to think about it after the fact. This idiot went the other direction.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:29 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I wish there was a way to prevent anyone from doing anything if they don't possess 1) a basic respect for the life of other humans and 2) a basic, non-conspiratorially motivated knowledge of whatever it is they happen to be discussing and basing their life around.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:32 pm
Majawala

breakreep wrote:
I wish there was a way to prevent anyone from doing anything if they don't possess 1) a basic respect for the life of other humans and 2) a basic, non-conspiratorially motivated knowledge of whatever it is they happen to be discussing and basing their life around.

you mean the door quiz? tried that back in '68. no one could leave to buy stuff.
Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm
OM3N

T-Wrex wrote:
spooky..

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nHoaZaLbqB4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed>

Whoa whoa. Was that made by the shooter? If so that is a true keyhole into the brain of a madman.

"I'm a sleepwalker who turns off the alarm clock"

(shivers)
Post Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:53 pm
badjerk

this is horribly sad.

in case anyone missed the comments by the local sheriff, they are at least a sign that there is a voice of reason somewhere in that desert...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/sheriff-clarence-dupnik-a_n_806303.html

------------------------------------------------

After Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot in the head and number of others were wounded or killed in a shooting in Tucson, Ariz. on Saturday, Pima County Sheriff Clarence Dupnik said that the state has "become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

Addressing the tragedy at a news conference, the sheriff said that law enforcement had reason to believe that Giffords was specifically targeted in the attack. He added that evidence suggests one suspect -- 22-year-old Jared Loughner, who is already in custody -- likely did not act alone.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," said the sheriff. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

When asked by a reporter if Giffords being shot could have been motivated by "prejudice and bigotry," Dupnik responded, "All I can tell you is that there's reason to believe is that this individual may have a mental issue. And I think that people who are unbalanced are especially susceptible to vitriol."

While speaking, the sheriff said that himself it included, "it's not unusual for all public officials to get threats." However, he said the sentiment doesn't come without consequences.

"And that's the sad thing of what's going on in America," he explained. "Pretty soon, we're not going to be able to find reasonable, decent people who are willing to subject themselves to serve in public office."
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:34 am
Dr Sagacious

breakreep wrote:

This pothead is an idiot. His video is the ranting video of an idiot. His weed-motivated paranoia is the paranoia of an idiot. The legions of Californian weed-fueled "radical" kids is bad enough, but all they do is forget to vote and lazily call it protest if they remember to think about it after the fact. This idiot went the other direction.

Wait a minute here, are we going to blame Marijuana for this massacre? I hope not. Because the millions of other people who smoke weed don't seem to be the sort of people who are multiple-homicide maniacs. I mean, from my experience, my colleagues and I usually just sit around and play video games - maybe dance, but that's about it. I don't think killing a person ever comes to my mind. And hey, I'm a white guy like this "paranoid pothead lunatic". If anything, I just want to kill another glass of cola.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:09 am
poopsnack

i had no idea the population of 'dreamers' was less than 5%. LOL. He might have been worried about mind control because his weak mind was easily controlled.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 am
Lonely Shinobi

Dr Sagacious - check the vaccine thread - I dropped a link that (without doubt) shows a causal relationship between weed and schizophrenia

this guy clearly could have schizophrenia

not totally to blame, but could be a contributing factor? along with all that divisive anger and hate, and obviously the grammar mind control new currencies
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:46 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I wasn't blaming weed for anything. Just mocking pothead activists.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 7:57 am
Bring that Beat Back

badjerk wrote:
this is horribly sad.

"When you look at unbalanced people, how they respond to the vitriol that comes out of certain mouths about tearing down the government. The anger, the hatred, the bigotry that goes on in this country is getting to be outrageous," said the sheriff. "And unfortunately, Arizona I think has become sort of the capital. We have become the mecca for prejudice and bigotry."

That's one of the best quotes I've read from law enforcement, particularily at the height of an incident such as this.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:28 am
FranktheP

Bring that Beat Back wrote:
badjerk wrote:
this is horribly sad.

That's one of the best quotes I've read from law enforcement, particularily at the height of an incident such as this.

Except for he has no proof that the shooter was responding to what he heard on a radio. they have no idea why he did what he did and the Sheriff should have waited before responding.

Just learned the 9 year old who died was the granddaughter of former MLB star Dallas Green.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:56 am
jehu

FranktheP wrote:
Bring that Beat Back wrote:
badjerk wrote:
this is horribly sad.

Except for he has no proof that the shooter was responding to what he heard on a radio. they have no idea why he did what he did and the Sheriff should have waited before responding.

Just learned the 9 year old who died was the granddaughter of former MLB star Dallas Green.

fair enuf, but the sheriff didn't say this was the exact cause. this was more a general statement that still rings VERY true.
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:16 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

WHITE POWER! was his motivation..

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/09/arizona-suspected-gunman-no-stranger-to-trouble/
Post Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:02 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next