Register
The t-shirt design thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

b.Freyer

Neuro wrote:
b.Freyer wrote:
Sage Francis wrote:
Beyond the program tools you're using, there's still the matter of figuring out design styles. What works, what doesn't, and why. Graphic design incorporates a lot of different crafts and skill sets. Much like music, a lot of people think they can do it, but the special few who actually CAN do it need to protect their secrets. Believe that. This is why no one has mentioned MS Paint yet. And I'm sorry if I'm blowing up anyone's spot right now but...yeah...MS Paint.

I figure the best thing for me to do is practice at and do as much reading with it as possible. Like most things that I do in life, I'll develop my own style, now if it turns out to be a good style or not, it'll be my own style and will show if I am capable of doing this or not. It's going to take time, and I'm sure I'll have fun doing this. Guess we'll see what happens.

that right there buddy, you just gave the best advice to your own questions

Neuro .... after I posted that I was thinking the same thing. I might post some of the work that I do in stages, but if I feel that it looks low quality I'm going to let it go until I grasp what I'm trying to do with graphic. Everyone has been very helpful on leading me in the right direction to fix what I'm doing wrong and that was/is surprising to myself. It seems most of the time to me that people on forums are more likely to be more negative to others for the fact that they're hiding behind a computer screen. So, far the Strange Famous forum has been a good one and educational one for myself.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:56 am
Dr Sagacious

Hey dude, a word of advice is to go to dafonts.com and find non-stock shits. I personally don't like that MS Text-warper effect-whatchamacallit, but if you dig it, then it's all gravy. Anyway, Kese is absolutely nailing every nail on its head in this thread. Adobe is a well-oiled machine that is full of awesomeness, it's what I use.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:06 pm
b.Freyer

Dr Sagacious wrote:
Hey dude, a word of advice is to go to dafonts.com and find non-stock shits. I personally don't like that MS Text-warper effect-whatchamacallit, but if you dig it, then it's all gravy. Anyway, Kese is absolutely nailing every nail on its head in this thread. Adobe is a well-oiled machine that is full of awesomeness, it's what I use.

I'll check that out for sure are soon as I get home. I have do many fonts in my library but I'm learning that certain ones just aren't that good if desired to use on a printed graphic. To be completely honest, I tend not to give MS any of my my time or money lol. I love the Adobe Creative Suite, I just have to learn how to do certain things. But, thanks for that link.
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:11 pm
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

I love DaFont! I have a problem with fonts, I collect them and only use a handful of them. I literally have well over a thousand...
Post Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:23 pm
kese

Just finished this for a Sushi Restaurant:
Post Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:37 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3