Search
Register
Henry Rollins - here's a discussion that could go many ways
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Forgot all about that. These days if it's not on youtube then I forget about it. Haha. Thanks for the reminder.
Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:47 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

We're Americans!
We came here to spend our money!!
We're buying the whole block!!!
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:49 am
Mikal kHill

Yeah. I think Laura was pregnant with Emmy and we were at that show... We were off to the side... It was hilarious.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:28 am
PoetryBox

erich wrote:
i think there's a difference between the traditional punk ethos of endangering your body as a form of release and going to shows specifically to injure other people. it's a tough line to draw, but i generally avoid involving myself in the latter. if i want to add misanthropy to injury, i'll do it in the privacy of my bedroom.

Ive been to a couple punk shows where I was in the pit, from what Ive seen usually people help out those whove fallen down or who have been injured. The atmosphere has always been great at punk shows and Ive never seen an actual fight at one but Ive only been to like three or four shows that had a pit.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:25 am
JohnSchwan

PoetryBox wrote:
erich wrote:
i think there's a difference between the traditional punk ethos of endangering your body as a form of release and going to shows specifically to injure other people. it's a tough line to draw, but i generally avoid involving myself in the latter. if i want to add misanthropy to injury, i'll do it in the privacy of my bedroom.

Ive been to a couple punk shows where I was in the pit, from what Ive seen usually people help out those whove fallen down or who have been injured. The atmosphere has always been great at punk shows and Ive never seen an actual fight at one but Ive only been to like three or four shows that had a pit.

I had the misfortune of being dragged along to a "hardcore" show with a girl I was dating about 5 years ago in high school. Let me tell you, the atmosphere at those shows suck, especially in Boston where those lame ducks FSU go there with different sorts of weapons with the intentions to harm. Hardcore kids are lame and want prove they're toughXbadasses.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:55 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

JohnSchwan wrote:
PoetryBox wrote:
erich wrote:

I had the misfortune of being dragged along to a "hardcore" show with a girl I was dating about 5 years ago in high school. Let me tell you, the atmosphere at those shows suck, especially in Boston where those lame ducks FSU go there with different sorts of weapons with the intentions to harm. Hardcore kids are lame and want prove they're toughXbadasses.

Jesus, could these three posts have more stereotypes?
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:06 am
JohnSchwan

the mean wrote:
JohnSchwan wrote:
PoetryBox wrote:
erich wrote:

Jesus, could these three posts have more stereotypes?

Sometimes stereotypes work, or make good jokes. In my interactions with "hardcore" kids they have sought fights and quite often have hated rivalries within their music scene which is lame. Of course this doesn't apply to everyone who enjoys the music but it does apply to a large group of them. FSU members are lame ducks, and I'm sure there's a group of people you don't enjoy based on the majority of people involved. Maybe for you it's hipsters or tea partiers.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:33 am
erich

i didn't stereotype anyone except maybe myself, which has more to do with you than me.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:10 pm
tommi teardrop

How dare you guys have opinions on hardcore or punk shows based on your experiences at them? Until you've been to as many shows at the mean, just keep your mouths shut.

Show these posers the list.
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:30 pm
Bicycle

The first show I went to was a bunch of metalcore bands. That was an enlightening experience. Watching people get punched bloody and hug the person who punched them. powerful shit. People were knocking down ceiling tiles and pulling at the exposed wiring. Crazy energy
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:51 pm
Bicycle

and as far as henry rollins goes. I dont know. That girl in the original video had a fairly condescending tone to her voice with the "get in the van, man" thing. Her band is called Sexual Aids. Same with that little prick kid from the interview video with his shit eating grin and posturing stance. Some people can make you feel like shit with just a look while they smile and tell you how much they love you. Henry probably got a lot of those looks in high school
Post Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:11 pm
mzehe916

Dude is ignorant as fuck....but wait, he is sooo cool.

<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>

This is better...and I'm not a fan of techno.
<object><param></param><param></param><param></param></object>
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:41 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

It's astounding how much he says in that silly rant applies 100% to his own music.
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:59 pm
Szechwan

That remix was perfect.
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:54 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

George Carlin called.. He said, "Stop biting my style, asshole. If you do... At least be funny."
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:07 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next