Search
Register
SOLE & JARED PAUL tour New England. *NEW PICS!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jared Paul

my text isn't showing up on the screen... weird...
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jared Paul

It was supposed to say:

This show was flying so sooooo high till the Bowery pulled some DUMB SHIT and cut People With Teeth's set. We had contracted out the space from 10p-11:30p, but the preceding programming went way over its time and cut into our slot- it didn't end until almost 10:45p and PFA didn't go on till 11p. Everyone naturally assumed that they would let us go longer to compensate... but instead, they didn't say shit to us, and just cut PWT off at approx 11:30-11:35p, and wouldn't be swayed otherwise.

It was a release show for THEIR album- sooooo fucking frustrating. Critical, Sue, and AK handled it like professionals and the Bowery promised to give us a make up date with a 10p-close spot this spring to make up for the mishap. It's a goddamned shame though, they were absolutely killing their set and have definitely made a fan out of me over the past few months. Hat's off to them for showing grace and poise under fire...

Also, you can find all the info on how to order People With Teeth's EP right here:
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/People-With-Teeth/158094919116

Feel free to go on and check all that out- they're sellin'em dirt cheap, and it's a solid bunch of songs. PFA rocked the EP on the van ride home!

BIG THANKS to Remind, Red Ball, Erich, and Messiah Carrey for making it out! Especially to Messiah for helping out on the Patriarchy Presents chorus. And especially to Red Ball for wearing his Jets cap. And especially to Remind rolling out of nowhere and being so down to earth and friendly. And especially to Erich who's starting to become a regular!

DOUBLE BIG THANKS to Metermaids for coming out and rocking with us. Sentence and Swell (Bob Harris) rapped the 2nd verse of Coathangar 18, actually extended the song for a 3rd verse, and remixed the chorus in live Metermaids time! One of my favorite parts of any PFA show ever, actually. Those dudes are naturals.

We've got vid and pics but I'm too wiped to post them right now.

Tomorrow, hopefully.

Goodnight, Irene.

Bed time for Democracy...
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:55 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
remind

No need to thank me, Jared. I thank you and the rest of Prayers for Atheists! Peace to CT_B and his crew too. And yeah, dirty o-ring to the Poetry Club. Wack.

Erich was there? I was unaware. Really good to meet redball and Shane. Had a great time.
Post Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:28 am
bigsole
Bought his character on ebay

these poetry shows have been really amazing. im so grateful that jared paul has exposed me to another way of getting my ideas acrossed.
Post Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:19 am
feelingsareboring

Here's a bunch of pictures from the Bowery show...

Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:11 am
erich

i can see my head in five of those pictures. in the third one from the bottom, i'm the guy in front of the kick drum.

really good show this night. i need to have PWT come out here.
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:14 am
Jared Paul

erich wrote:
i can see my head in five of those pictures. in the third one from the bottom, i'm the guy in front of the kick drum.

really good show this night. i need to have PWT come out here.

Rumor has it that PWT may be on stage at the PFA record release show this Spring...
Post Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:16 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3