Search
Register
So what happened to the forum lately?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

futuristxen

That's true only in so much as it will be the elegant organization of mass information. We've changed the way that we interact with information. We now consider information to be immersive and living.

Twitter will have to continue to adapt and become better and better at organizing the massive amounts of information that people now are jacked into. Otherwise someone else will, and twitter will go the way of Myspace. Twitter is a part of a movement to break down the walls of the web page. Remember 20 years ago we were floating around on AOL shit that was rigid as fuck, and controlled a lot of the ways that you could interact with information.

Now things are becoming more and more malleable. i think the future is being able to play information like a guitar. turn it into a piece of organic art. Information as steam. Ethereal and shifting to our whims and exhalations. And by future I mean like less than 5 years.

The way we know twitter now will be dead in six months.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:36 am
Mac Lethal
the one with the back hair

futuristxen wrote:
And by future I mean like less than 5 years.

Church.

Out of nowhere tonight, my girl got a message informing her that her Google phone now supports a Flash player. She can go to Flash websites on it. She didn't understand what it meant, but I was blown away.

Flash is now on phones.

So yes, less than 5 years. I'd say no more than 2. Shit is CRAZY. And there will always be positives and negatives to dramatic change. But it's important, so people need to accept and embrace the positives.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:53 am
Jesse Custer

I love technology.

Last night my cousin gave me a video tour of her apartment in Khartoum over our Skype-enabled phones. It was one of those moments that made me go "whoah!" about what we can do with technology these days.
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:40 am
medicineman
HALFLING

Obviously no one who turns four word phrases into acronyms is going to like "A Prairie Home Companion"
Post Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:52 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11