Search
Register
The Mormon Cartoon - not exactly accurate. Thoughts?
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Z-0

i had a scripture teacher in primary school who insisted i write with my right hand. thankfully, though left handed, i'd learned to do so having broken my left wrist earlier.
Post Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:11 pm
mancabbage

Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:28 am
redball

That's an awesome transcript. Kudos to that guy for how he handled that.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:29 am
zagadka
DARK PAST HAVER

redball wrote:
That's an awesome transcript. Kudos to that guy for how he handled that.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:58 am
Stumbleweed

I was expecting some baiting/mean-spirited shit, but that was nice to read, especially the end.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:47 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
the mean
Certified O.G.

Stumbleweed wrote:
I was expecting some baiting/mean-spirited shit, but that was nice to read, especially the end.

Seemed obviously baiting/patronizing to me. Not that I really have a problem with that, but I'm not getting the last three posts.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:11 am
Raoul DeGroot

right? And those two mormonbots were about as responsive as an automated customer service line.
Post Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:20 pm
neveragainlikesheep

JW's just showed up again. The first thing she said to me (She was Japanese) "Oh, you are a foreigner aren't you?" Like no shit, moron.

I tried explaining to the woman that I believed in Christ, but that I didn't need her book (Watchtower, etc.) or her organization.

She simply wouldn't piss off. She kept on repeating what I had just said and then asked if I read the Bible everyday. I told her that I didn't, but that I wasn't interested in adopting her beliefs. She simply wouldn't leave, so I just shut the door in her face. She told me through the door that she would send someone who spoke English, even though I told her in clear Japanese that I wasn't interested in her cult.

They are the same in Japan as they are in America.
Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:20 am
mancabbage

yeah man i get them every couple of months, they once knocked on my neighbors door whos the same age and well... a lot shorter than me but also has brown hair, which seems enough for them. He was blazing up when they knocked so he was like fuck it, invited them in for a cup of tea and biscuits whilst he sat there and got mashed, offered them some but they weren't having anything off him... just handing out leaflets n stuff. Anyway, the motherfucker goes and moves out and since then the JW's continually knock on my door and ask for me thinking i am him. I've told themso many times that a) im not him b) he was winding you up c) if their god was real i'd headbutt the cunt, take his lunch money and do a better job myself

doesn't work

my cock is going through the letterbox next time with a flag attached. its the only solution remaining
Post Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:37 am
neveragainlikesheep

They came back again today. I was in the middle of shadowing Brother Ali's Champion remix while cooking something when I shuddered at sound of my door bell. That thing is made for the hearing impaired, I'm sure.

I looked through the peephole and thought "Ah shit, game time." It was one Japanese guy and a white guy of undetermined nationality. I hoped the door. "Oh, Jehovah's Witnesses again?" The Japanese guy was a bit surprised to hear this as if his already opened bible, pamphlets and partner in crime standing behind him down the stairs weren't a dead give away. His response was followed by a single thought salvo from my dome.

"I have serious doubts about your doctrine. I'm a believer in Jesus Christ and his example, but I have no need for organizations. I'm gonna teach you something today. Check out Tolstoy's "The Kingdom of God is Within You." Do you know who Tolstoy is?"

"No."

"Well, you should. He's one of the greatest writers this planet has ever seen. He also knew that organized religion poisons the souls of those who adhere to it's dogma. Check it out. Your friends have come here so many times now and I always tell you that I'm not interested. If you don't mind, I'm going to go back to cooking. Please enjoy this nice weather. Good bye."

Then they left. I hope I left an impression on them. I hope they enlighten themselves a bit more.
Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:20 am
neveragainlikesheep

Opps.
Post Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:21 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20