Search
Register
BREAKING NEWS: MEL GIBSON IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

C.R.A.Z.Y

Z-0 wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
the mean wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
the only defense for ever striking ANYONE is self defense.

Not sure I agree with this, but I think you've been pretty on point in this thread.

so you are against a person defending yourself, or you think it's ok to just go around striking people? your in depth explanation left me wanting.

chomksy gave a speech a few years ago regarding violence and the use of it. his stance was that the responsibility of justification laid with the party that enacted violence at the individual level, cutting through the idea that reactionary violence, or defensive violence, is tolerated as an accepted normality. so even in self defense that violence must have its own validation that is seperate from the oppressing violence that may have prompted it.

oh dear jeez, please louise, i'm talking about real life scenarios. like getting mugged, attacked, your home being invaded? next time some random decides to pound you up and take the money and run, you'll either instantly strike back, in defense of yourself, or you'll get the shit kicked out of you, end up in the news and tell people ...you let the guy whip you up because ...chomsky gave a speech.

by the way your overly brainiac paraphrasing still leaves me wanting. your saying chomsky is anti self defense? are you saying you wouldn't defend yourself, or your child if you had one? you guys go ahead and get your ass kicked then. after all, chomsky gave a speech.

entirely different thread imo. buck stops here.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:27 am
AdamBomb

I'm sad I even got involved with this thread. F mel. F radaronline. F Elizabeth Hasselbeck. FML.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:28 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

oh boo ho. be sad about what you said that you wish you didn't if you're going to be sad at all. but hey f this thread right?
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:29 am
the mean
Certified O.G.

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
the mean wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:

Not sure I agree with this, but I think you've been pretty on point in this thread.

so you are against a person defending yourself, or you think it's ok to just go around striking people? your in depth explanation left me wanting.

I think there are times where striking people is warranted, even when it is not self-defense.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:30 am
Z-0

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
Z-0 wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
the mean wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:

chomksy gave a speech a few years ago regarding violence and the use of it. his stance was that the responsibility of justification laid with the party that enacted violence at the individual level, cutting through the idea that reactionary violence, or defensive violence, is tolerated as an accepted normality. so even in self defense that violence must have its own validation that is seperate from the oppressing violence that may have prompted it.

oh dear jeez, please louise, i'm talking about real life scenarios. like getting mugged, attacked, your home being invaded? next time some random decides to pound you up and take the money and run, you'll either instantly strike back, in defense of yourself, or you'll get the shit kicked out of you, end up in the news and tell people ...you let the guy whip you up because ...chomsky gave a speech.

by the way your overly brainiac paraphrasing still leaves me wanting. your saying chomsky is anti self defense? are you saying you wouldn't defend yourself, or your child if you had one? you guys go ahead and get your ass kicked then. after all, chomsky gave a speech.

entirely different thread imo. buck stops here.
i didnt say i agreed with it in a real world scenario. i simply added it to the conversation. but get on the front foot if you must.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:36 am
AdamBomb

the mean wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
the mean wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:

I think there are times where striking people is warranted, even when it is not self-defense.

That is, unless they are wearing glasses.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:37 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

Z-0 wrote:
i didnt say i agreed with it in a real world scenario. i simply added it to the conversation. but get on the front foot if you must.

next time you add someone elses sentiment to the conversation in lieu of your own opinion, remember that with no explanation, it is going to look like ...your opinion as well.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:42 am
Z-0

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
Z-0 wrote:

next time you add someone elses sentiment to the conversation in lieu of your own opinion, remember that with no explanation, it is going to look like ...your opinion as well.
what can i say, i'm new at internet conversations where everyone is in defensive strike mode, assuming the negative always.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:49 am
C.R.A.Z.Y

Z-0 wrote:
C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
Z-0 wrote:

what can i say, i'm new at internet conversations where everyone is in defensive strike mode, assuming the negative always.

maybe everyone isn't in defensive strike mode. maybe they just have different opinions. it's is a message board after all.

and now i will excuse myself from this " back and forth " i tire of them easily. you can have last word if it makes you feel better.

also quit with the " everyone " generalisations and the " always " bull.

;)
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:52 am
Z-0

C.R.A.Z.Y wrote:
and now i will excuse myself from this " back and forth " i tire of them easily. you can have last word if it makes you feel better.
well done.
Post Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:00 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15