Search
Register
BREAKING NEWS: MEL GIBSON IS INSANE!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

icarus502
kung-pwn master

dorkasaurus wrote:
is it really sealed? or is that code for "we'll make some outrageous claims, and then won't have to back up those statements"

not that i have any particular love for mel gibson, but come on, where's the proof?

It may or may not come out. But there are now two organizations, who could both be sued to smithereens making the claim that they can verify the tapes' existence. And no denials from Mel's people. It exists, you make yourself look bad at this point questioning it.

Quote:

and who's going to give a bj, knowing he's going to burn the house down right after... i think i'd pass.

You have to admit: that would be an awesome threat in a movie and he said that shit in real life. Maybe he can't discern shit-you-say-in-real-life from shit-you-say-in-a-movie-if-your-character's-a-shitty-person.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:26 pm
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Also, I enjoyed Braveheart. I just did. I thought it was good. I didn't want it to be historically accurate — I know how to read books, thanks, and I wouldn't trust Mel Gibson's historian chops anyhow.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 8:36 pm
tommi teardrop

I like the first 3 Lethal Weapons well enough. I like Signs. I like Apocalypto for what it is. Never got into Braveheart or Mad Max. What else is there? Maverick was a guilty pleasure. Payback is too blue. Never saw The Passion.

He's a drunk right? A drunk bigot who has been in and made a few good but not great films. I think that's that. Looking at his resume it's sort of crazy that he is such a big deal. Bruce Willis has made about 5 times as many good (and a few great) movies, and it doesn't seem like he's even in Mel Gibson territory. I guess directing The Passion is what makes the difference.

And I guess some people really like Braveheart. I've never really given it a proper viewing so maybe he is the dope shit and I just don't realize it.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:21 pm
Inedible Condiment

Mel Gibson is a shitty dude.
Braveheart was pretty good.
Things are now cleared up for the rest of you.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:03 pm
AdamBomb

Am I a bad person if I like a racist bigot's movies?
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:17 pm
jehu

icarus502 wrote:
Also, I enjoyed Braveheart. I just did. I thought it was good. I didn't want it to be historically accurate — I know how to read books, thanks, and I wouldn't trust Mel Gibson's historian chops anyhow.

fair enuf, i guess i just like my movies that are "based on a true story" to have more reverence for the truth in the story you're telling.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:33 pm
Jesse Custer

[quote="jehu"

i'll take the first 2 LW over the first DH's any day. .[/quote]

This is far more stupid and outrageous than anything Mel has said.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:44 am
Plum Puddin'

Hudson Hawk > What Women Want
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:07 am
Mark in Minnesota

For some reason this thread is making me want to find a picture of Bristol Palin holding Trig Palin, and caption it with a big "I WANT TO BELIEVE" at the bottom.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:15 am
IAmNiki

icarus502 wrote:
dorkasaurus wrote:
is it really sealed? or is that code for "we'll make some outrageous claims, and then won't have to back up those statements"

not that i have any particular love for mel gibson, but come on, where's the proof?

It exists, you make yourself look bad at this point questioning it.

Yeah, you look so bad questioning a gossip website (or any gossip magazines for that matter.) You should have believed them when they said Anderson Cooper was gay, Swayze was dead (before he really died) and that Oprah is a lesbian.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:40 am
box johnson

Anderson Cooper isn't gay?

Aww.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:59 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

IAmNiki wrote:
icarus502 wrote:
dorkasaurus wrote:

It exists, you make yourself look bad at this point questioning it.

Yeah, you look so bad questioning a gossip website (or any gossip magazines for that matter.) You should have believed them when they said Anderson Cooper was gay, Swayze was dead (before he really died) and that Oprah is a lesbian.

Anderson Cooper is totally gay!

And, yeah, I totally said "believe anything that any gossip website says." That's what I said, right?
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:26 am
See Arrrgh

icarus502 wrote:
dorkasaurus wrote:

It may or may not come out. But there are now two organizations, who could both be sued to smithereens making the claim that they can verify the tapes' existence. And no denials from Mel's people. It exists, you make yourself look bad at this point questioning it.

So asking for proof before wholeheartedly believing something printed in some form of "gossip media" makes people look bad? Doesn't Fox News make its bread and buttah on reporting things as factual news then saying they're just an entertainment channel when these facts are shown to have holes in them? If TMZ is owned by Fox, wouldn't they employ the same strategy because they've seen how it works? I'm not saying that the audio tapes do or don't exist. I'd just like to see or hear actual proof before making broader claims against Mel Gibson's already abhorrent character.

Not to mention, just because Mel's people haven't addressed this issue doesn't make it true. It could possibly mean that it's fake, and instead of addressing the issue and keeping it in the news/gossip machine, they want it to just go away so they can actually focus on the "real" issue--which is, to them, the separation or whatever it is that Mel and Oksana (mother of his child?) are going through.

Also, it's very convenient that this gossip site had the good fortune to actually hear these audio tapes right before they were suppressed by a judge. I say that to mean that it's convenient for everyone. RadarOnline and TMZ (and any other gossip media who replays these stories) don't have to prove anything they've claimed in their articles because the tape is no longer assessable, and Mel and his people get to ignore, or deny, the allegations made against them.

All things considered, asking for transparency and proof before jumping onto the bandwagon doesn't make anyone look bad.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:30 am
icarus502
kung-pwn master

Anderson Cooper doesn't even pretend to be closeted anymore!
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:32 am
IAmNiki

I'm sure the silver fox has some secrets.

But, really, that's kind of how it seems when you tell someone not to question it because the organizations could get sued. Just a couple days ago, at the grocery store, I saw one magazine with the douche from Twilight on the front, talking about how he proposed to the girl in the movies and she turned him down. I Literally looked at the other side of the magazine rack and saw the same two people on the cover except the story was completely in reverse -- all about how he can't stand her, etc. I'm not saying anyone should give a fuck about the Twilight actors, I sure as hell don't, but that's what I mean. Couldn't those magazines get sued for all of that misinformation? Does it mean that any of that shit is true? I just feel like organizations based on gossip and celeb reporting or whatever you want to call it, are prepared for those kind of legal battles and have ways around it. But I could be wrong. Either way, Mel Gibson sounds like a pedigree piece of shit all around. Possibly every time I've paid attention to him in the news it's been something really deplorable.
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:35 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13, 14, 15  Next