Search
Register
Yelawolf!!
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Hall of Fame

yourREIGNisOVER

well you motherfuckers are on some crazy advanced haterade.

i've met the dude, hung out with him for awhile and he's real down to earth. used to be a wannabe pro skater, decided that wasn't for him after so many injuries and what not. decided to go after music full time, enter yelawolf.

dude can rap better than 90 percent of the artists this board fancies and hasn't restricted himself to the little niche fan bases that many of those artists do. good for him.

dude has a lot of respect in the south for the most part, lotta black fans, and i WILL go to the point of saying that most of the people that hate on him are whiteboys that make music for whiteboys and are generally jealous of the image he has and the respect he has so early on in his career.

Last edited by yourREIGNisOVER on Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:09 pm
jehu

AdamBomb wrote:

I rap...I will say that he's not vomit inducing, but he is kind of an embarrassment on many levels. Its like Kid Rock but a white trash of a different type. He can flow on a beat (I will give him that), but the content is kind of weaksauce and not even that clever.

i agree w/ adam here. if you're gonna do gangsta shit, at least have some clever schemes & wordplay etc. his style comes off as corny too much but i respect his hustle.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:10 pm
Captiv8

jehu wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:

I rap...I will say that he's not vomit inducing, but he is kind of an embarrassment on many levels. Its like Kid Rock but a white trash of a different type. He can flow on a beat (I will give him that), but the content is kind of weaksauce and not even that clever.

i agree w/ adam here. if you're gonna do gangsta shit, at least have some clever schemes & wordplay etc. his style comes off as corny too much but i respect his hustle.

Not everyone can be Bubba Sparxxx(xxx?)
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm
seandaley
passive aggressifist

not that my opinion is important, but i like dude's music.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:23 pm
jehu

Captiv8 wrote:
jehu wrote:
AdamBomb wrote:

Not everyone can be Bubba Sparxxx(xxx?)

bubba sparxxx sucks. and i can see why people like him, i just don't really like him.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:37 pm
Junny Concept

yourREIGNisOVER wrote:
well you motherfuckers are on some crazy advanced haterade.

i've met the dude, hung out with him for awhile and he's real down to earth. used to be a wannabe pro skater, decided that wasn't for him after so many injuries and what not. decided to go after music full time, enter yelawolf.

dude can rap better than 90 percent of the artists this board fancies and hasn't restricted himself to the little niche fan bases that many of those artists do. good for him.

dude has a lot of respect in the south for the most part, lotta black fans, and i WILL go to the point of saying that most of the people that hate on him are whiteboys that make music for whiteboys and are generally jealous of the image he has and the respect he has so early on in his career.

troof!
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:39 pm
RoNn1e

Haystak will shit on all these fools.... ;-)
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:41 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

seandaley wrote:
not that my opinion is important, but i like dude's music.

yeah, but you understand why simplicity is cool. That's lost on a great deal of people...
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm
Raoul DeGroot

Simplicity plays little to no part in the equation. If you guys' corn meters are not popping off the charts peering at this character, well ,I feel like I don't know you anymore.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:49 pm
medicineman
HALFLING

Raoul DeGroot wrote:
Simplicity plays little to no part in the equation. If you guys' corn meters are not popping off the charts peering at this character, well ,I feel like I don't know you anymore.

Peering?

You know, you've described your visual impressions of him a great deal more than the music.

Actually a lot of people in this thread have.

Pretty much everybody detracting from him in this thread is either making fun of what he looks like or telling him to "be more clever" and "up his lyrical game". I think a lot of preconceived notions are affecting both these perceptions.

Just last week I saw this dude go on immediately after fucking Fashawn and hold his own. No corny emcee could do that. Peeryod.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:55 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This dude is dope. I'm impressed for sure. However I wish I stopped watching the videos just before I clicked on the "Mixing up the Medicine" one.

This guy is going to do some serious damage.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:11 pm
yourREIGNisOVER

i'm sayin.

a lot of artists/people, myself included, reacted to this dude negatively/critically outright because the realization of how many good things he has going for him is an annoying pill to swallow. truth of the matter is: everyone is about to be on this guys nuts.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:23 pm
Casey Carver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHYl6XWaPlU

thats the verse that first turned me on to him. he's fun.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:27 pm
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

Sage Francis wrote:
However I wish I stopped watching the videos just before I clicked on the "Mixing up the Medicine" one.

They even interpolated the video...
That's fresh..

Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:58 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

orly?

that's been done a million times.
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:20 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next