Profile
Search
Register
Log in
Israeli pirates kill a bunch of people
View previous topic | View next topic >

Post new topic Reply to topic
Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

Author Message
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

radiodecay wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF? We don't have have to wait to bash them any more than we have to wait to bash Halliburton or the U.S. government, or U.S. troops who murder.

I'd also like to make that clear for the record: I support the troops in coming home, I support them in refusing orders, I support them in resisting deployment- I do not support them in their participation in invasion or occupation, not at all.
Hey, way take an event and segway it into your issues, man. Keep on grunting your way to Nirvana.


What's your problem, guy?
Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:42 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jared Paul



Joined: 15 Jul 2002
Posts: 3720
Location: www.PrayersForAtheists.org
 Reply with quote  

radiodecay wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF? We don't have have to wait to bash them any more than we have to wait to bash Halliburton or the U.S. government, or U.S. troops who murder.

I'd also like to make that clear for the record: I support the troops in coming home, I support them in refusing orders, I support them in resisting deployment- I do not support them in their participation in invasion or occupation, not at all.
Hey, way take an event and segway it into your issues, man. Keep on grunting your way to Nirvana.


Mancabbage, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the video you posted. I was specifically looking for evidence of Isreali forces shooting civilians before they had boarded, but the way everything was edited it was hard to tell if that was the case.


First off, watch your fucking mouth. I highly doubt that you would speak to me like that in real life, so don't do it here.

Secondly, I didn't use the "quote" feature to underscore, but the first paragraph of my post was explicitly referring to the exchange between Jack and Icarus- not "my issues." The second paragraph was directly relevant to this topic in that concerned citizens in Israel are faced with the same "support the troops" propaganda we are. I do not support our troops when they murder, occupy, and invade, I do not support our government in its funding of the IDF as it does the same, and I stand in solidarity, not only with the people of Palestine, but with the struggle of organizers, Refuseniks, and other citizens who refuse military service in Israel as they denounce this blockade and all attacks on civilians by land, air, or sea in Gaza and the West Bank.

Read the whole thread before you start jumping to conclusions. And try engaging people with honest questions before attacks and wise ass comments. You might iron out a miscommunication or two in the process, and slow the flow of toxicity around here.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
zeem



Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 3885
Location: elsewhere
 Reply with quote  

neveragainlikesheep wrote:
radiodecay wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF? We don't have have to wait to bash them any more than we have to wait to bash Halliburton or the U.S. government, or U.S. troops who murder.

I'd also like to make that clear for the record: I support the troops in coming home, I support them in refusing orders, I support them in resisting deployment- I do not support them in their participation in invasion or occupation, not at all.
Hey, way take an event and segway it into your issues, man. Keep on grunting your way to Nirvana.


What's your problem, guy?


I'm not your guy, buddy!
Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:58 pm
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
neveragainlikesheep



Joined: 22 May 2008
Posts: 2536
Location: TKO from Tokyo
 Reply with quote  

zeem wrote:
neveragainlikesheep wrote:
radiodecay wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF? We don't have have to wait to bash them any more than we have to wait to bash Halliburton or the U.S. government, or U.S. troops who murder.

I'd also like to make that clear for the record: I support the troops in coming home, I support them in refusing orders, I support them in resisting deployment- I do not support them in their participation in invasion or occupation, not at all.
Hey, way take an event and segway it into your issues, man. Keep on grunting your way to Nirvana.


What's your problem, guy?


I'm not your guy, buddy!


I'm not your buddy, guy!

lol

Anywho, I took a gander at the Jerusalem Post and the talk backs are ridiculous. I understand no one wants their country to be attacks constantly, but if your government makes it a policy to attack civilians on a daily basis what other option do people have? Also, why all the incredulity over the people on the boats fighting back? I'd have been terrified and fighting for my life in that same situation. The only weapons they had on them were sticks or asps. Hardly offensive weapons in the face of paint ball guns, handguns, stun grenades, etc.

A lot of the Israeli media is calling this a premeditated lynch. How fucking hilarious is that. The people on the boat were just waiting for them to board in International waters so they could brazenly attack them! The victim logic here is astounding. The people supporting this action and view of the events even more so.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 9:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Mr Jenkins



Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 601
Location: Aotearoa
 Reply with quote  

crazy shit alright...

What do you make of the term 'Pro Palestinian'? seems to be the key word im seeing.. is it not just humanitarians delivering aid? Pro Palestinian seems to add a political scope . I may be over analysing a simple term.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 9:31 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Z-0



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Posts: 700
Location: Sydney
 Reply with quote  

Mr Jenkins wrote:
crazy shit alright...

What do you make of the term 'Pro Palestinian'? seems to be the key word im seeing.. is it not just humanitarians delivering aid? Pro Palestinian seems to add a political scope . I may be over analysing a simple term.
pro palestinian = anti israeli = anti semitic. reductive logic and forced association, neutering and real debate.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:06 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
O2K
SFF has a stalker.


Joined: 14 Jul 2004
Posts: 1856
Location: Orange County
 Reply with quote  

Z-0 wrote:
Mr Jenkins wrote:
crazy shit alright...

What do you make of the term 'Pro Palestinian'? seems to be the key word im seeing.. is it not just humanitarians delivering aid? Pro Palestinian seems to add a political scope . I may be over analysing a simple term.
pro palestinian = anti israeli = anti semitic. reductive logic and forced association, neutering and real debate.


im not saying your defending this or anythign but i've heard this many times. Being anti-israel is not being anti-semitic. Being anti-jewish is being anti-semitic. But its not like anyone is saying that Israel shouldn't exist or can't exist. We're just saying that they need to stop these attrocities and until they do they will continue to be hated on and criticized as they should be. Israel does exist thus they must abide by international law. They do not and all they get is bad press. No embargo, no sanctions nothing. It's amazing. Had Iran done this kind of action, there would be a strike.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:11 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Z-0



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Posts: 700
Location: Sydney
 Reply with quote  

i think our lines got crossed because i'm on the same page as you.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:33 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
Mr Jenkins



Joined: 13 Dec 2007
Posts: 601
Location: Aotearoa
 Reply with quote  

delete
Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:53 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sarcastro



Joined: 27 Sep 2002
Posts: 3281
 Reply with quote  

I think everyone here is on the same page and a lot of you are kind of hoping someone won't be so you can show them just how wrong they are.

I'm interested in how this plays out in the news. I can't really see the US media taking the side of israel but I can definitely see them not really talking about it or just making it out to be some insignificant story about it all being an unfortunate accident.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:09 pm
 View user's profile Send private message
futuristxen



Joined: 01 Jul 2002
Posts: 19363
Location: Tighten Your Bible Belt
 Reply with quote  

AGGHHH!!

SHiVER ME TIMBERS!!!



I didn't even know jews could be pirates. Talk about a paradigm shift. Surely it's the Rod Carew of Maritime History.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 am
 View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
Jack



Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 678
 Reply with quote  


Quote:

I can't really see the US media taking the side of israel



Bet?
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:43 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Z-0



Joined: 28 Sep 2004
Posts: 700
Location: Sydney
 Reply with quote  

Jack wrote:

Quote:

I can't really see the US media taking the side of israel



Bet?
the ny times did last night.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:46 am
 View user's profile Send private message
Raoul DeGroot



Joined: 30 Apr 2009
Posts: 2437
Location: Son Quest
 Reply with quote  

futuristxen wrote:
AGGHHH!!

SHiVER ME TIMBERS!!!



I didn't even know jews could be pirates. Talk about a paradigm shift. Surely it's the Rod Carew of Maritime History.


Look at that beak.. Did you pick the Fagin of dogs on purpose there? That's racist.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:01 am
 View user's profile Send private message
mancabbage



Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 9262
Location: london
 Reply with quote  


Quote:

Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg has called on Israel to lift its "unjustifiable and untenable" blockade of the Gaza Strip.
Mr Clegg said that the storming by Israeli commandos of a ship carrying aid to the Palestinian territory underlined the need for the blockade to end.
The United Nations Security Council called for a "prompt, impartial, credible and transparent" investigation into the raid, which left at least nine civilians dead and more than 30 people injured, including one Briton, according to the Foreign Office.
Mr Clegg said the situation in Gaza had become a "humanitarian catastrophe". He said: "Whilst, of course, Israel has every right to defend itself and its citizens from any attack, it must now move towards lifting the blockade in Gaza as soon as possible."
The Liberal Democrat leader's comments echoed earlier remarks by Foreign Secretary William Hague, who called on Israel on Monday to lift the blockade in line with UN Security Council resolutions.
Downing Street said David Cameron had spoken by telephone to Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu to deplore the heavy loss of life and to urge him to ensure there was no repeat of Monday's events.
For Labour, shadow foreign secretary David Miliband said the Israeli action was "self-defeating" and represented a further setback to the efforts to find a Middle East peace settlement. He said: "The particular circumstances of this case will have to be brought to the surface but the defence of a failed policy that is benefiting no one - not the people of Gaza, not the people of Israel either - I think is badly flawed. They have painted themselves into a corner they need to get out of."
The storming of the ship - one of a flotilla of six vessels trying to take aid to Gaza in defiance of the Israeli blockade - drew worldwide condemnation.
The Security Council statement was finally agreed after the United States - Israel's strongest ally - successfully watered down an earlier wording which called for the Israeli action to be condemned "in the strongest terms", but some of the harshest criticism came from Turkey, previously seen as Israel's main ally in the Muslim world. Many of the activists on the ships - including a number of the dead - were Turkish.
Israel said its troops had been left with no choice after they came under attack from activists armed with knives and iron bars when they were dropped by helicopter on to one of the ships.



about as strong words as you're gona get from our side of things. Pity no one gives a fuck
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:05 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Post new topic Reply to topic
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
All times are GMT - 6 Hours.
The time now is Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:46 pm
  Display posts from previous:      


Powered by phpBB: © 2001 phpBB Group
Template created by The Fathom
Based on template of Nick Mahon