Search
Register
Israeli pirates kill a bunch of people
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

mancabbage

You got a link to what happened? - I'd heard it second hand

why not a boycott ? Surely something like that could gain some momentum?

i know they provide a shit load of vegetables and fruit to the UK.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:48 am
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

Here is a link of Amnesty International accusing US and Europe of sheilding Israeli War Crimes:
http://www.haaretz.com/news/diplomacy-defense/amnesty-u-s-europe-shielding-israel-over-gaza-war-crimes-1.292505

The outcry of this incident is great though. I am hearing that Greek canceled some of their activities with Israel in protest. I turned on CNN and they haven't even spoken about it, or if they did i missed it. It is these things that get burried, but it is these things that lead to "terrorism."

It is Israel that steps in the way of peace in the region. Hamas has said in the past that they would accept Israel as a state if they withdraw from 67 borders as per UN Resolution.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 11:56 am
Jared Paul

icarus502 wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF?

Of course but in this context "Israel" means its government, military, ruling class, political arms and the intelligentsia diaspora (particularly in the US) that supports them. When I say "Israel" I mean Joe Lieberman and Marty Peretz as much as I mean Netanyahu.

I gotcha, and was posting in support of your comment.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 12:26 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Anti.Agent036

What a surprise, eh? the israelis are saying that they were attacked. i've already heard them play the "anti-semitism" card (even though some of the people that are participating in the breaking of the blockade are jewish, and there's even a holocaust survivor). the sad thing is, nothing will come of this. the US will not do a thing.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 1:50 pm
Mr Jenkins

does anyone read Debka news? seems like isrealhell's fox

http://www.debka.com/article/8824/

Quote:

The soldiers performed their mission of preventing the flotilla from docking in Gaza Port and opening the door to large-scale weapons deliveries - but at what cost?

Quote:

why were the signals and images coming from the convoy not jammed as promised and allowed to reach world TV screens hours before the authorities responsible for Israeli information woke up?

Quote:

Each commando who shinnied down the ladder from a helicopter was besieged and separated from the unit, then beaten, stabbed and assaulted with flying objects. Some were pushed down into the hold and stripped of their anti-flak vests first. The soldiers reported they barely escaped lynching or possibly being taken hostage.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 2:40 pm
mlanifesto

Sounds like CNN
Scahill wrote:
CNN reporter used phrase: "activists attacked the commandos"

Or the New York Times:
"The criticism offered a propaganda coup to Israel’s foes, particularly Hamas"
Post Mon May 31, 2010 3:53 pm
The Count

This is the official video released by the idf. Seems that the right-wingers feel it was all justified.

Personally I don't feel sorry at all for the israeli commandos. They boarded a ship that they had no authority over in international waters and they expected hugs?
Post Mon May 31, 2010 4:20 pm
mancabbage

The Count wrote:
This is the official video released by the idf. Seems that the right-wingers feel it was all justified.

Personally I don't feel sorry at all for the israeli commandos. They boarded a ship that they had no authority over in international waters and they expected hugs?

its a joke, on the video on the previous page you can see there are shot people lying on the ground before they even board the boat, no wonder peple were pissed - they'd just been shot at.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 4:39 pm
Mr Jenkins

I think this will be a defining story for news corporations allegiance..
Will be interesting to monitor different stations.
I’m from New Zealand and one of our peeps was on board flotilla now being held so big interest down here. Media here is fully saying Israel is in the wrong. But or course we wont/can't do shit.. Its all up to America.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:27 pm
The Count

Quote:

I’m from New Zealand and one of our peeps was on board flotilla now being held so big interest down here. Media here is fully saying Israel is in the wrong. But or course we wont/can't do shit.. Its all up to America.

Don't worry, the israeli lobby is giant here. All major news orgs will come down firmly for israel.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:39 pm
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

The Count wrote:

Quote:

Don't worry, the israeli lobby is giant here. All major news orgs will come down firmly for israel.

i was just watching CNN and their analysts were just saying that Turkey was in the wrong for sending AID to gaza knowing full well there was a blockade. Absolutely ridiculous.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 6:15 pm
mancabbage

interesting, even the sun (murdoch owned and the biggest selling tabloid over here) isn't really trying to spin this to israels favor, check it out : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2993831/Brits-on-board-stormed-ships.html

I guess the possibility that they've gunned down to British guys means they kinda have to, especially after they got caught nabbing our passports
Post Mon May 31, 2010 6:22 pm
radiodecay

Jared Paul wrote:
There are many Israeli people against zionism, violence, racism, and apartheid... definitely can't unilaterally blame all Israeli people for what their fucked up leadership does, but the Israeli government/IDF? We don't have have to wait to bash them any more than we have to wait to bash Halliburton or the U.S. government, or U.S. troops who murder.

I'd also like to make that clear for the record: I support the troops in coming home, I support them in refusing orders, I support them in resisting deployment- I do not support them in their participation in invasion or occupation, not at all.
Hey, way take an event and segway it into your issues, man. Keep on grunting your way to Nirvana.

Mancabbage, I couldn't really tell what was going on in the video you posted. I was specifically looking for evidence of Isreali forces shooting civilians before they had boarded, but the way everything was edited it was hard to tell if that was the case.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 7:51 pm
Mr Jenkins

mancabbage wrote:
interesting, even the sun (murdoch owned and the biggest selling tabloid over here) isn't really trying to spin this to israels favor, check it out : http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2993831/Brits-on-board-stormed-ships.html

I guess the possibility that they've gunned down to British guys means they kinda have to, especially after they got caught nabbing our passports

yea those wankers got done for passport fraud in new zealand too..
Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:05 pm
Plum Puddin'

Same with Vegimite Island passports.
Post Mon May 31, 2010 8:40 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next