Search
Register
PFA Summer Tour: LAST SHOW IN PROV TONIGHT!!! 8/20
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

FranktheP

Jared Paul wrote:
The Philadelphia show has been canceled. In light of the magnitude of the possibility that this may be the last U.S. Sage Francis show for a long time and 2010's shitstorm of personal hardships for multiple PFA/SFR members, we have decided to be in attendance to support our Fam for the last show of the Li(f)e Tour in NYC scheduled for the same evening.

Man that sucks. The effort I was putting into making it there... I think it would have been more prudent (for me) if you cancelled NY, saw the fam at the Philly show, stayed overnight and played Danger Danger. Just sayin!!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:12 am
Jared Paul

FranktheP wrote:
Jared Paul wrote:
The Philadelphia show has been canceled. In light of the magnitude of the possibility that this may be the last U.S. Sage Francis show for a long time and 2010's shitstorm of personal hardships for multiple PFA/SFR members, we have decided to be in attendance to support our Fam for the last show of the Li(f)e Tour in NYC scheduled for the same evening.

Man that sucks. The effort I was putting into making it there... I think it would have been more prudent (for me) if you cancelled NY, saw the fam at the Philly show, stayed overnight and played Danger Danger. Just sayin!!

hhahahahahah. Definitely sorry man. We're planning a make up date for mid August. You've definitely got guest list and a smoothie on the band if you can make it.

We agonized over this decision. That is the truth.

I've done over 400 performances since 2004 and I can count the amount of times I've canceled shit on one hand. I hate it, HATE IT.

But with this situation here, we knew we were gonna have regrets either way; we decided to go for the good wound.

Thanks for being down to support man. Hope to see ya in August.

Sincere PFA apologies to any Philly/PA/NJ folks who were planning on heading down!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:59 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
jehu

Jared Paul wrote:
jehu wrote:
pretty sure i can get us a gig at plan b. i just assumed you didn't want to play a bar! i'll call today. i know one of the bookers!

PFA striiiiiiiiives to play only all ages shows. If that can't work, we look for 18+. If we can't get either set up and it means doing no show, then we compromise...

thats what i figured. i'll have an answer for ya by tomorrow! things are moving!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:49 am
FranktheP

Jared Paul wrote:
hhahahahahah. Definitely sorry man. We're planning a make up date for mid August. You've definitely got guest list and a smoothie on the band if you can make it.

We agonized over this decision. That is the truth.

I've done over 400 performances since 2004 and I can count the amount of times I've canceled shit on one hand. I hate it, HATE IT.

But with this situation here, we knew we were gonna have regrets either way; we decided to go for the good wound.

Thanks for being down to support man. Hope to see ya in August.

Sincere PFA apologies to any Philly/PA/NJ folks who were planning on heading down!

I understand. No freebies...working bands need the dough! But I might not pass on the smoothie. Just tell Sage to put a little extra into the Philly show as that will be my only Strange Famous fix for awhile!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:39 pm
Jared Paul

You got it Frank; though, I'd imagine the penultimate Li(f)e show, in fucking Philly, will be one of the best and most rowdy dates of the tour regardless! Have fun tonight!!

PFA TOUR STARTS TONIGHT:
Thursday, June 24TH
Metermaids, People With Teeth (Critical Theory's group!!) and PFA
The new Bushwick Studios w/ Metermaids, People With Teeth & Subsoil
8pm/$5
ALL AGES
310 Scholes St.
Brooklyn NY 11206
Post Thu Jun 24, 2010 9:06 am
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
the mean
Certified O.G.

See you dudes next week.
Post Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:44 am
Jared Paul

the mean wrote:
See you dudes next week.

NYC down! Sage / B. show last night was AMAZING, as well!

Pittsburgh tonight. Come on out if you're in the area, we're gonna need all the help we can get. Also, Lusid's gonna be there! He asked me to say Whassup to the Forum!!
Post Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:05 am
Alan Hague

From Saturday's show at the Fallout Shelter in Aliquippa, PA. Made a lot of friends that night, sold a good deal of merch, and had a blast overall. Can't wait to get back there!

Photobucket
Post Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:52 pm
SFR announcement

***SHOW CANCELLATION NOTICE***

The PFA show at Division Gallery in Detroit tonight is canceled due to some van troubles.

The Columbus show tomorrow is still on.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:52 pm
Bob_ptmfus

Edit: Whoops, didn't read an earlier post
Post Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:04 pm
Alan Hague

Photobucket

Photobucket
Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:48 am
Jared Paul

Columbus show was grimy and fun and we made a bunch of new friends! Thanks to Magnolia ThunderPussy Record Store and Matter Of Planets for throwing the event, and to the Mean for holdin' it down!!

After spending a ridiculous amount of money for repairs, our tour van "The Black Beauty," is now back to running smoothly. We've sailed relatively free of mechanical difficulties on the first two tours (even through the crazy cold, snow, and ice of this past winter), I guess it's only fair in the eyes of the Gods of Tour that we got zapped this time around; lest we start to think Li(fe) is Easy, or somethin'.

Bloomington tomorrow, St. Louis on Friday, and Chicago after that!

New dates/venue corrections added today:

7/14 - wed Spokane @ The Empyrean - 8p/$5
7/16 - fri Bainbridge Island @ The Grange - 8p/$5
7/20 - tue Bend @ Mad Happy Lounge w/ TBA - 9p/$5
7/22 - thu South Lake Tahoe @ RoJo's w/ Aquifer & Fair Weather Sky -9p/$7/21+
7/31 - sat Pomona @ DBA256 w/ Adder & Aquifer - 9p/$6
8/8 - sun New Orleans @ The Dragon's Den w/ TBA - 10p/$5
Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:02 am
medicineman
HALFLING

hehe nice flyer lol. We have one done up too I'm supposed to print em out later today. Our artist dude just broke up with his girlfriend so hopefully he finished it...not that big of a job...
Post Thu Jul 01, 2010 12:19 pm
the mean
Certified O.G.

Solid show in Columbus. Good seeing Jared and meeting Alan and the rest of the crew.

So PFA supposedly has this thing where they stand up front for every band throughout the whole tour. I call bullshit, though. Nobody is that strong. I almost shoved icepicks into my ears about 15 minutes into the other bands' set.

Jared should post the pics here.
Post Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:19 pm
Jared Paul

hahahhaha.

Rahspeck big Mean.

DIY or Die, man. We support all the bands we play with; they're usually the folks who bring us out. Punk shows are better when we're all in it together. They see us out there gettin' rowdy for their sets, and then all the members of the other 3 bands on the bill are up front doing the same for us. You know how it is. Some members of PFA take some songs off from time to time, but there are always at least 2 of us there for the entirety of every band's set at any given show.

It was so good to see ya there man. I always forget how fuckin' tall you are!

New pic's soon!

*ALSO: THE BELLINGHAM, WA SHOW FOR JULY 15TH IS IN SERIOUS DANGER OF CANCELLATION. Jehu put in a ton of work but the shit just never came together like we hoped. PFA IS NOW LOOKING FOR AN EMERGENCY SHOW ANYWHERE IN WA (other than Tacoma or Spokane). The space can literally be anywhere that's willing to have us: garage, loft, basement, warehouse, practice space, hall way, roof top, art gallery, collective space, non-profit space, cafe, pub, bar, club, living room/house party... ANY WHERE.

You know bands in Seattle, Oly, Everett, Bellingham, Vancouver (WA)??

You know anybody who might be able to host this mutha-fuckahhh?!!

This is a Thursday night show and between recording costs & van repair we just dropped 2G's!! We don't have that kind of money to burn, and we can't afford to lose a Thursday night gig.

If you know of some place, lock that shit in, and then email me at:
JAREDPAUL1@GMAIL.COM

HIT ME UP!!
Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 12:09 pm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next