Search
Register
Wikileaks just released a serious whistleblower video...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

bakemosphere

I guess I'm just incredibly desensitized to this shit. what did you guys think was happening?
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

bakemosphere wrote:
I guess I'm just incredibly desensitized to this shit. what did you guys think was happening?

You're incredibly desensitized to videos of civilians and children being gunned down? By that you mean you've seen it so many times that it doesn't bother you anymore?
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm
yourREIGNisOVER

wikileaks is run by the nsa.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:43 pm
pyite

Everyone should be required to take a stroll through the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and see what our government did to Cambodia.

There's no old people in Cambodia thanks to America.

Loas should also take the united states to the united nations court for crimes against humanity.

What's mystifying is how humbled Cambodians are living in absolute poverty directly linked to the United States with little to no hate towards us.

This happened in the 1970's mind you.

The American Government has a pretty bad track record for the past 60 years they're very lucky so many things were made and developed here first.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:47 pm
pyite

this video is super fucked and Im not gunna watch it

if anyone would like some distracting news to read after you've watched this check this out.....guy in japan makes cell phone rings that reduce hay-fever symptoms.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gmFwbfUdY4g7MA4BvMmSdJ7AyJGA

taken from the article

"The company has also come up with ringtones it says help users attract members of the opposite sex, lose weight, quit smoking, digest food and relieve shoulder aches"
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm
bakemosphere

jakethesnake wrote:
bakemosphere wrote:

You're incredibly desensitized to videos of civilians and children being gunned down? By that you mean you've seen it so many times that it doesn't bother you anymore?
You don't see any children being gunned down, you don't even know the children are there until it is pointed out after the fact. I didn't read anything about it and watched the full 40 minute clip unedited before anything else.

Most of the gunning is obfuscated by smoke, the video when they are getting hit is grainy and in black & white. The part that got me was when the guy was crawling and they were calling for him to pick up the gun, but other then that it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before. I don't know what you guys expect war to look like? Is it supposed to be cel-shaded? Blood DOES come out of people when you shoot them.

I've seen some fucked up shit on the internet tho, between the nick berg vid, the saddam hanging, and various dudes being ripped apart by Bradley tanks some grainy black and white footage probably isn't going to affect me too badly, it does concern me a bit though.

War is hell, bad things happen. I can tell you that I didn't think it was a DSLR camera with a telescopic lens the first time I watched it, so I'm not going to make any damning statements condemning people who are trying to protect their asses and get the fuck home.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:57 pm
Tomeloc

as a father of two children, watching the part with the two kids almost made me cry ..find these fuckers and wu-tang torture them
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:59 pm
OM3N

pyite wrote:
Everyone should be required to take a stroll through the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and see what our government did to Cambodia.

There's no old people in Cambodia thanks to America.

Loas should also take the united states to the united nations court for crimes against humanity.

What's mystifying is how humbled Cambodians are living in absolute poverty directly linked to the United States with little to no hate towards us.

This happened in the 1970's mind you.

The American Government has a pretty bad track record for the past 60 years they're very lucky so many things were made and developed here first.

Yo pyite.

The American gov. had nothing to do with the torture at Tuol Sleng Prison.

Pol Pot was a crazy motherfucker.

But I agree that the tour through Tuol Sleng is emptying.

Damn these two threads gettin' me all depressed tonight.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:00 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

bakemosphere wrote:
jakethesnake wrote:
bakemosphere wrote:

You don't see any children being gunned down, you don't even know the children are there until it is pointed out after the fact. I didn't read anything about it and watched the full 40 minute clip unedited before anything else.

Most of the gunning is obfuscated by smoke, the video when they are getting hit is grainy and in black & white. The part that got me was when the guy was crawling and they were calling for him to pick up the gun, but other then that it wasn't anything I hadn't seen before. I don't know what you guys expect war to look like? Is it supposed to be cel-shaded? Blood DOES come out of people when you shoot them.

I've seen some fucked up shit on the internet tho, between the nick berg vid, the saddam hanging, and various dudes being ripped apart by Bradley tanks some grainy black and white footage probably isn't going to affect me too badly, it does concern me a bit though.

War is hell, bad things happen. I can tell you that I didn't think it was a DSLR camera with a telescopic lens the first time I watched it, so I'm not going to make any damning statements condemning people who are trying to protect their asses and get the fuck home.

So you're saying that the video quality isn't good enough to be meaningful. You find nothing wrong with the fact that they're begging to shoot at a van of people who are trying to pick up a wounded guy on the street? Fuck, even in medieval times they took breaks in battle so that everyone could gather up their wounded. You're not taken aback by the guys who are taking pleasure in slaughtering these people? They see a guy walking down the road with a camera, they assume it's an RPG, so they shoot him and 10 of the people around him. But the video quality is poor.

I think I need to step away from the internet.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:09 pm
mortalthoughts
LAME KID

this should be on every major news station in our country
if more people saw this there would be more outrage about our wars in the first place
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm
pyite

Yoddle Om3n,

I agree that we didn't run or help out s-21 or any of the other torture centers.

However, because of our illegal actions in Cambodia Americans and their government are heavily responsible for letting the khmer rouge rise into power to do what they did.

It was called operation menu. After operation menu happened panick struck the country and this enabled the current government to be over thrown and taken over by the khmer rounge. After this happened, our embassy knew about it and fled b/c the KR was taking over. They new exactly what the fuck was about to go down, probably not the extent of what happened of-course but we came we bombed and and peaced out.

The fact that we weren't the actual torturers at places like s-21 is one of the reasons the street kids in Cambodia will still give the united states a thumbs up and at the same time they are smart enough to give george bush a thumbs down.

Too bad not enough people speak khmer, the german language travels fast that's for sure

For more information on Cambodia, their struggles and how you can help check out this hiphop producer out of Texas, Rob Viktum. His first album is free and his second donates money for a temple being built for cambodians in his texas whereabouts.

http://www.megaroyalrecords.com/2010/01/rob-viktum-progress-2/

For more dope ass southeast asian music check out this funk mixtape , also free with options to donate as well. These proceeds go to a hiphop outfit youth center in cambodia's capital that helps teens stay out of gangs as well as HIV protection.

http://burlesquedesign.com/kamchruoch/

For information on operation menu check out

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Menu
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:35 pm
O2K
SFF has a stalker.

http://www.newsbrink.com/?p=23

if any other go down.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:39 pm
pyite

mortalthoughts wrote:
this should be on every major news station in our country
if more people saw this there would be more outrage about our wars in the first place

you make sure that this video is posted at every forum you possible frequent and it has a very good reach of getting to news anchors

this type of shit gets blown over in history so fast that if you give the governments enough time after the fact they'll have enough time to get their defense cards drawn up or justificational cards or whatever you wants to call it. Events of the past are easier for them to spin this shite should be up tonight.

The older I get the more I agree with Thoreau's commentary on civil disobedience.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:42 pm
pyite

back up at om3n again,

Operation menu was one of if not the largest bombing campaigns our government has been involved with. Make no mistake we ass raped them
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm
Sarcastro

Tomeloc wrote:
as a father of two children, watching the part with the two kids almost made me cry ..

well it's their fault for bringing their kids to a battle
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:52 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 25, 26, 27  Next