Search
Register
Wikileaks just released a serious whistleblower video...
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > Social stuff. Political stuff. KNOWMORE

xGREENxCLOVERx

Wikileaks just released a serious whistleblower video...  Reply with quote  

Quote:

5th April 2010 10:44 EST WikiLeaks has released a classified US military video depicting the indiscriminate slaying of over a dozen people in the Iraqi suburb of New Baghdad -- including two Reuters news staff.

Reuters has been trying to obtain the video through the Freedom of Information Act, without success since the time of the attack. The video, shot from an Apache helicopter gun-site, clearly shows the unprovoked slaying of a wounded Reuters employee and his rescuers. Two young children involved in the rescue were also seriously wounded.

http://www.collateralmurder.com/
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:07 am
mzehe916

Most intense thing I've watched in my life? I don't even know. This video makes me hate be linked to America. The way these guys are begging to engage is fucking disgusting. I only made it through the first 10 minutes. All I can say, is that I hope when this makes it back to those soldiers who so desperately wanted to "engage" that they have a life of nightmares and suffer major mental distress from this. I know the soldier mentality if fucked off....and I blame the military for brainwashing these guys into what they are....but damn. This video is fucked off.

My brother came back with ptsd. I know how serious it can be. I do feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with it, but to blatantly do what the gunmen did...? Wow. Fuck the world.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:34 am
Stumbleweed

mzehe916 wrote:
Most intense thing I've watched in my life? I don't even know. This video makes me hate be linked to America. The way these guys are begging to engage is fucking disgusting. I only made it through the first 10 minutes. All I can say, is that I hope when this makes it back to those soldiers who so desperately wanted to "engage" that they have a life of nightmares and suffer major mental distress from this. I know the soldier mentality if fucked off....and I blame the military for brainwashing these guys into what they are....but damn. This video is fucked off.

My brother came back with ptsd. I know how serious it can be. I do feel sorry for anyone who has to deal with it, but to blatantly do what the gunmen did...? Wow. Fuck the world.

Seriously man, this made my stomach turn... the worst part wasn't watching them kill people, it was the excitement and happiness in their voices as they begged to kill the journalist as he dragged his injured body down the road... It's the way they couldn't wait to blow up the van (even though it was clear that there are two tiny moving heads of the kids visible in the passenger side window). Sickening in every sense of the word. It's not the individual soldiers at fault here, but the whole climate of insanity that pervades the entire military establishment.

Last edited by Stumbleweed on Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

I can't imagine being so calm while murdering people..

This is sick.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:38 am
Szechwan

I already knew from reading the preview that this was something I didn't want to see today. Then reading the replies I want to watch it even less.

Then my conscience kicks in and I feel like I'm just hiding under the covers by not watching it and seeing what's really going on.

Then my brain tells me that it's perfectly reasonable to not want to see a video of innocent people being murdered.

I still haven't watched it and I'm not sure I will, but I'm glad it's out.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:52 am
T-Wrex
p00ny tang

"C'mon! Let us shoot!"?...

:-(
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:56 am
OM3N

Wow. I usually cringe when I hear people describe things as "Orwellian".

I'm really fucking affected by this video.

Wikileaks is not kidding, they have released SO many confidential documents.

Good on them!
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:01 pm
Eric B

Szechwan wrote:
I already knew from reading the preview that this was something I didn't want to see today. Then reading the replies I want to watch it even less.

Then my conscience kicks in and I feel like I'm just hiding under the covers by not watching it and seeing what's really going on.

Then my brain tells me that it's perfectly reasonable to not want to see a video of innocent people being murdered.

Same here
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:04 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

the site is down... anyone got any mirrors?

edit: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/05/wikileaks-exposes-video-o_n_525569.html

Last edited by crash on Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

I watched it. I'm not not regretting it. It's straight up murder though. Like, some dudes in a helicopter just flat out mow down a bunch of people walking down the street. Then a van with some kids inside rolls up to try to pick up the wounded people and they beg to shoot it, then do so.

Probably one of the more fucked up things I've ever seen, ever. I know shit like this happens, probably often. But to see it and hear it... really hits hard.

Fuck.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:16 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

crash wrote:
the site is down... anyone got any mirrors?

It's not.

But here's the youtube link anyway:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rXPrfnU3G0
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:17 pm
squirtisblow

It says not available for me, maybe cuz I'm on my cell
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:25 pm
Charlie Foxtrot

Eric B wrote:
Szechwan wrote:

Same here

Same here
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:26 pm
OM3N

still working. Don't click that shit unless you want to be depressed/a republican with no idea what is happening over there.
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:28 pm
Stumbleweed

Yeah I'm gonna be thinking about this all day. Fucking ruined my day. Hey, but at least I wasn't gunned down by a helicopter for no reason, right?
Post Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:29 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27  Next