Search
Register
"LI(F)E on the Road" is DONE. Reviews/pics/Kisses
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

bbreakz

Yes more on the heroics. But you did explain a lot on facebook.

Also, I am thinking of not buying tickets ahead of time for the L.A. show. I hate paying the fees even though I can afford them.

Anyone have a clue on whether this will sell out. I have never been to the Henry Fonda.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:36 am
ONE.

GREAT show in SF. Dolan killed it, Sage killed it, FMA was fantastic!!!

I hope you come out this way again all. I copped the new B. Dolan album immediately after his set, I can't believe I slept on it this long. Everyone involved in the show deserves mad props. Love ya'll. My 3rd Sage show and my favorite.

Big thanks and love goes to Sage for playing the show after the unfortunate week. I wish I had a recording of the Hell of a Year performance from last night, truly great.

Thanks again all.

peaces.
one.
Post Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:19 pm
bbreakz

The L.A. show was great. Sage really knows how to lead a band AND still keep the show in line with a hip hop performance.

First of all, Free Moral Agents are heavy. Even their opening set is heavy. Sure there is some psychedelic slower parts, but wow they can go after it.

B was awesome. I love how he opened with Leaving New York. Joan of Arcadia was awesome as always. It was the first time I have ever seen One Breath Left performed and it was great.

Sage opening with Three Sheets to The Wind set the tone for the set. It was going to be heavy and fun. Sea Lions with a band is great. The singer for FMA worked so well as the back up. You would have no idea that Sage and FMA have only been working together for a couple months. Broken Wings--awesome. I got to say the roof got torn of the place with Hell Of A Year though. I know you wouldn't think it but they took that song somewhere else. Fucking amazing. Me and My friend were floored by that one.

Yann Tiersen coming out for Best of Times was nuts. And they way the vocalist for FMA and he traded off with the Violin at the end gave me goosebumps.

Good stuff. Also got to watch the end of the Celtics game in the bar next door with some damn fine IPAs.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm
hannaford

Yeah I was at the LA show. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I wasn't so sure about backup being provided by the singer from FMA, but the dynamic between Sage and the band was impressive. I do wish I had gotten the chance in the past to see some of the older songs performed with beats rather than a band because, with the exception of Sea Lion, they didnt really work for me, but the new material was great with this setting. Best of Times with Yann was a great surprise and Sage taking the piss out of the crowd about the Celtics beating the Lakers was hilarious. LA sure do love their Lakers ay.

Dolan was mad as well. He had such a great rapport going with the crowd. Guys a natural entertainer for sure. Talking about being mistaken for Sage...haha. "Personal Journals meant a lot to me too. But Im not Sage Francis." Classic.

Question for anybody who might know. Are we expecting the New York show to sell out? I'm actually gonna be in NY on the 25th and would love to catch this show a second time but dont want to deal with ticket master again if it can be helped so Id rather get one at the door if I can.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:42 pm
bbreakz

Yeah I guess It would be a little disappointing to see those songs without beats. But I am lucky enough to have seen those before, so no big deal for me.

Man, I forgot about Crack Pipes at the end. That worked so well.

Yeah Dolan's rant about about being mistaken for Sage is fun.
Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:20 pm
pandaderek

Thanks Sage, B.Dolan, and Free Moral Agents for hitting San Diego...i was planning on hitting up pomona tomorrow, but other things came up...really great show, the new albums from sage and b. dolan are great...glad i was able to catch you guys on-tour, this time...good luck with the rest of the tour

...i really enjoyed this song, the dude on the keys was going crazy, near the end...
Post Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:12 pm
ONE.

Some pics I snapped at the SF show (iPhone quality)

And a little B. Dolan video: http://gallery.mac.com/seano27#100125/IMG_0206&bgcolor=black

Thanks again for the great show!
one.
Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:04 pm
xGasPricesx

Just got back from the Tempe show a little bit ago. A few too many drinks in to be writing up a real review tonight but can definitely say that the show was fucking amazing. Came a little late so missed most of FMA's set but what I heard was great and they killed it backing for Sage. Dolan and Sage's set were both incredible, everything I was hoping for and more, for serious. DO NOT FUCKING MISS THIS SHOW WHEN IT COMES TO YOUR TOWN, OR ELSE YOU WILL END UP REPEATEDLY KICKING YOURSELF IN THE ASSHOLE UNTIL YOUR SHIT JUST STARTS FALLING OUT RANDOMLY.
Post Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:20 am
anomaly
Loserface

Dallas show was amazing. Everyone killed it and Free Mortal Agents were the perfect backing band for that set.

My only regret is that last couple beers and did I really need them.....
sorry to be a pain, Dolan
Post Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:06 pm
MNtoAZ

I unfortunately had to miss the Tempe show. I had a red eye flight to catch that night for a friends wedding in PA.
Post Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:33 pm
mattarl

Last night was Great.
The Band killed it. B. broke us down and Sage fixed it.
That's how its supposed to be.
The main highlights are obvious...the remix to fifty ways, the banter, The best of times.
I was Zero was a lot of fun.
Definitely the most energy from Sage I have seen.
He's really touring like it's his last.
Hate yourself for missing it.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:46 am
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

anyone going to the dc show (besides asterax?)
Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:44 pm
crash

Location: the chocolate city with a marshmallow center and a graham cracker crust of corruption

i'll be wearing a shirt with a bike on it if see me say what's up.
Post Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:04 pm
crash

great show. the new material really lends itself to a live performance.

things got a little uncomfortable when sage screamed and threatened to punch a couple kids who were talking loudly through his accapella piece.

he segued from that into "hell of a year".... quite appropriate.

after the show he jumped off stage and hugged just about half the crowd.
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:54 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

This following email is why I don't give a flying fuck about what people think about me. Fan or non-fan. Because people, such as this person below, will always have shitty opinions that they share. So let me share something with you, my friend. YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT THE FUCK YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT:

Sage,

I've been a fan of yours for about ten years; I've always introduced your music to friends as being conscious and intelligent hip hop. I tell them that hip hop isn't all about bitches, hoes and guys trying to out macho each other. I feel like I was proven wrong tonight by how you acted at the Rock 'n' Roll Hotel show. I lost a lot of respect for you when you jumped in that kid's face for talking during your set. Obviously someone had to tell him to shut up but isn't that the reason you have security at shows? Anyway I doubt you'll read this and if you do I doubt you'll care, I just want you to know that not all of your fans appreciate your tough guy antics.

Peace,
Josh
Post Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:54 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next