Search
Register
"LI(F)E on the Road" is DONE. Reviews/pics/Kisses
View previous topic | View next topic >

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strange Famous Forum > Old Shows. Come meet the ghost of performance past.

Jesse

"Fuckin' mic stands, how do they work?"
Post Mon May 17, 2010 2:22 pm
Captiv8

T-Wrex wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Detroit heads: look for me at the show. I'll probably be wearing something pink.

I didn't know Victoria Secrets made men's clothing..

My mistake, baker man. It will be the color pink.
Post Mon May 17, 2010 4:37 pm
feltingstrap

mister sage francis back in missoula montana eh? at long last. this should be interesting.
Post Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

Jesse wrote:
It was so weird, the dudes hollering out requests... why do they do that? What do they think will happen?

"Oh uh yeah well we didn't rehearse 'Agony In Her Body,' but since you've been shouting it every eleven seconds now for forty-five minutes, let me see what we can do... okay, fellas, do you know this one? It's got kind of a beat that's like 'doo-doot-do-dooo...'"

Golden Grahams. I love when people say things I think to myself but never openly express.
Post Mon May 17, 2010 10:41 pm
C.R.A.Z.Y

SFR announcement wrote:
In fact, every tour I've done since then has included a demand in my tour rider that states no staff or security will be allowed to work our show if they have any history of sexual offense.

cheers man, right on.
Post Tue May 18, 2010 4:05 pm
redball

Going to try for NYC show. Imagine my surprise when I already had the time blocked off. If I buy tickets at the door do you think I'll still have to pay TM extortion fees? Knowing me I won't risk it.
Post Wed May 26, 2010 2:44 pm
Oh Daesu

Vancouver is sold out. Chances of tickets at the door? I can't miss this.
Post Thu May 27, 2010 6:25 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

If you buy tickets direct from the venue (if that's possible) or at the door then you obviously won't get extorted by TicketMaster. What a horrible system. I hate hate hate ticketmaster. I hate that I help make them so much money. Scam masters that the whole industry plays into. Whatcha...gonna...dew.

And, yes, Vancouver is sold out. I don't reckon you can get tickets at the door unless scalpers are the ones who scooped up all of the tickets.
Post Fri May 28, 2010 2:34 am
Flossin

Not related to the North America tour, but are the dates and places for your Europe tour listed here http://www.anti.com/tours/index/64 final? Anything going to be added in there? If not than I'm totally depressed. :(
Post Fri May 28, 2010 7:34 am
feltingstrap

missoula show was sick. that is my review.

thanks for coming back!
Post Mon May 31, 2010 10:17 am
SFR announcement

For anyone who missed the separate post, the June 2 Portland OR show has been canceled. Further details here:

http://www.strangefamousrecords.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49142
Post Mon May 31, 2010 5:34 pm
Szechwan

Great set last night to everyone involved. Fuck the Biltmore and it's horrible ventilation, but there's something fun about jumping around with a bunch of sweaty kids drinking $3 can of Pabst. And I mean sweaty.

Dolan was dope. Got everyone hyped and entertained the shit out of me. I never got to hear the name of the band, but they kicked ass too. Awesome drummer.

I gotta say, I was hoping for a longer Sage set, but you snuck some gems in to make up for it. I was just grumpy because I knew 0 words to your new stuff.
Intended to get a chance to get you guys to sign my knowmore shirt at the merch table, but the timing didn't work out. Sage rolled right on by me in the crowd after the set though, so a pat on the back and a "you fucking killed it" will have to do.

Hope your first trip to Van isn't your last, and that goes to everyone on SFR.
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:49 pm
Oh Daesu

Szechwan wrote:
Great set last night to everyone involved. Fuck the Biltmore and it's horrible ventilation, but there's something fun about jumping around with a bunch of sweaty kids drinking $3 can of Pabst. And I mean sweaty.

Dolan was dope. Got everyone hyped and entertained the shit out of me. I never got to hear the name of the band, but they kicked ass too. Awesome drummer.

I gotta say, I was hoping for a longer Sage set, but you snuck some gems in to make up for it. I was just grumpy because I knew 0 words to your new stuff.
Intended to get a chance to get you guys to sign my knowmore shirt at the merch table, but the timing didn't work out. Sage rolled right on by me in the crowd after the set though, so a pat on the back and a "you fucking killed it" will have to do.

Hope your first trip to Van isn't your last, and that goes to everyone on SFR.

Yeah that's a hot venue. I also felt very old. I probably shouldn't have gone to the front, but I had a blast.

B Dolan was amazing. Better than the last time, and I thought he killed it then. Little spoken word, but I think the crowd really appreciated it. I know a few people at the show who didn't know who he was, and they left converted for sure. I liked the MIA blend. Good stuff. Worked well for the song, for sure.

Sage was great, as expected. The band thing works. I liked the interplay with the singer. Sage seemed pretty intense, but given the past few days, that makes sense. I didn't enjoy the set as much as I could have if I hadn;t been up front, I had to spend too much time making the girl in front of me wasn't squashed to death, and elbowing drunk asses. Lots of wierd high fiving white guys near me. Didn't quite get it. Too many cameras at shows nowadays, too. I liked the mix of old stuff too.

Thanks for coming out. Hope it was worth the treck across the mountains. The crowd seemed pretty intense.

Thanks a bunch guys. And props for letting that girl who hitchhiked from Kelowna in for free. (and Incorporating her into the act, B).
Post Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:36 pm
CriticalTheory_Breakfast

i haven't dug DEEP into the pages of this thread, but it was mentioned earlier that there was no Providence show and that if there WERE one, it would be June 26th.

Seeing as our shows with PFA conflict with two of the only shows I could attend on this tour, a magical June 26 show would literally be heaven sent. Has there been any word on this?

I apologize if this has been talked about, but I've tried not to look at these tour threads since i found out I'd miss it. Depression....
Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:26 am
redball

Bernard: More info on the heroics please.
Post Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:02 am

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next