Search
Register
Pokemon GO
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

anomaly
Loserface

Pokemon GO  Reply with quote  

Pokémon Go uses your phone’s GPS and clock to detect where and when you are in the game and make Pokémon "appear" around you (on your phone screen) so you can go and catch them. As you move around, different and more types of Pokémon will appear depending on where you are and what time it is. The idea is to encourage you to travel around the real world to catch Pokémon in the game. (This combination of a game and the real world interacting is known as "augmented reality.")

My wife is now hooked on this and she's currently (9:10P) out on foot with her phone to the church across to the street to gather Pokemon balls or something. What do I do here? What exactly is going on here?
Post Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:10 pm
Limbs

I dunno but I peeped my partner's and noticed a lot of those things are at churches. And you just mentioned one at a church too.

Beware.

We have too many churches.
Post Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:27 am
Brynjar

Its crazy how popular this is.
Even people 30+ are loooooooving this.
Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 5:08 am
anomaly
Loserface

i installed it, tried it out. Nope, I'm not walking anywhere. Unless there's one on my coffee table, I'm probably not going to be using it a lot. What's funny is we're probably all being tracked through it. I find it weird there's always a few in the McDonald's parking lot by my house (according to my wife who asks me to pull over so she can catch them). I wouldn't be at all surprised if a big business threw a couple bucks at Niantic and said "Throw them shits near my businesses on the regular so we sell more shit"
Post Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:24 pm
anomaly
Loserface

I was laid off last Wednesday when my position was eliminated. instead of sitting around sulking, my wife has made me come to the park, walk everywhere, and play w her. Level 5, ya'll.
Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:29 pm

Jump to: