Search
Register
Backtrace security.... (legal advice from the regs sought)
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

empti

Backtrace security.... (legal advice from the regs sought)  Reply with quote  

For now 32 days straight, I've endured what I consider to be emotional and mental torture from someone claiming to be what I assume is a private (internet) security contractor/firm by the name "Backtrace security"
For reasons (i shouldnt even have) I dont want to disclose anything but he's a close neighbor (moderators exercise discretion please in IP atm)

I was made to feel as if I had gone insane, using what appear psy op type tactics to monitor my actions online, in person and basically anytime I logged on to an internet connection with my iPod or Laptop, anywhere.
When Id go off the grid, so to speak (i dont have a phone) it'd subside, and pick back up as soon as I'd log in to say Mcdonalds wifi, or TWC hotspots, etc.
This person also impersonated a federal agent during the time worst of this, what I call torture, and what im sure some would dismiss as "enhanced interrogation techniques" based on the suspicion I was a member of the internet collective "Anonymous"
I possess a guy fawkes mask, some stickers I bought of amazon during the Occupy movement and I'm certain that that sort of shit isn't even circumstantial evidence, considering the fact that beyond joining the IRC via Mibbit during the occupy movement, I have had ZERO involvement in or with any Activities anonymous may have orchestrated, dDos included. I'm certain their investigation has shown this already and I was only targeted because this person, perhaps drunkenly and foolishly, stated he was from "Backtrace security" on july 4th, 2014. Which was when the worst of the torture began.

I suspect and believe whole heartedly that the tactics used against me started much much earlier than July 4th, I can say with some certainty that it began as early as April, perhaps feb of 2014 but they weened into it attempting to make me feel as I were losing my mind.

There are many many more details I can and am willing to provide on the matter but for fear of fucking myself and looking crazy, I will withhold them for the time being. Though upon anyone's request I will gladly provide, unless the more legal knowledgeable people here advise against it.

I've yet to seek legal advice in any formal setting, and have not called the cops or involved any authority, federal or otherwise, on the matter simply because I come from a family line of gang members and grew up in Southern California, LA/OC, and we just dont call cops. (I deal with La County Sheriffs patrolling my streets, to give an idea of my experiences with authority and law enforcement)

I ask you all to please not judge or flame me for this post as the tactics used against have made me feel extremely mentally unstable. Though I know Im not crazy...

I feel as if the ACLU would pick up this case but im totally lost right now.

please help

yours truly,

Mike
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:05 pm
mancabbage

ok hold up, a tad confused over here - someone is cyber stalking you under the alias 'backtrace security'?

...I gotta admit, on first glance that read like a paranoid delusion, but then i googled them and, this popped up - http://www.backtrace-security.com/blog/844473-a-little-faq-about-me-vs-anonymous/

weird shit,whats this guy doing to people? They blackmailing you or sending you messages or what, its not really clear.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:28 pm
empti

Blackmail esque, followed by impersonating a federal agent threatening me with incarceration for bullshit, followed physical threats against me, my family, and my 2 cats (and my 2 cats, as strange as it may seem) are all i fucking have in this world and I'd die for those fuckers.
Communicated to me in a strange strange way which will make me seem insane saying so.
I've released tidbits of this to people I trust and know irl, as well as people Ive never met in person but do have numbers of (msg boarders, friends from the restiforums, soleone boards etc)

THe means in which I've been harrassed and pretty much tortured, is going to make me sound insane.
I've contacted the ACLU today through their website and any info, support or words from anyone here would be greatly appreciated I fear for my safety, and that of my feline fam, and human fam, as well as the safety of my friends whom I've now (perhaps selfishly) involved.

edit: its also more than one dude.

You can hear their name mentioned in this movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSqurTMe7Rw
I'm sorry, i have no clue where exactly the mark is in the video where its mentioned, its only brief but barrett brown is who mentions it.

I came here with it first because this gathering of regular posters are some of the most intelligent and conscious folks I know online, if i were anonymous Id deal with this myself but I cant. I intend to, if its ok with moderators and it doesnt mean me bumping dead threads, keep yall posted ith updates. If i do fall off the grid here, so to speak, its all bad and please dont remember me as crazy. I make music, and i used to under this name, changed my name and am not even gonna give that out cuz im not looking for shameless promo in this thread. I'm dead fucking serious.

I love yall.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:30 pm
Plum Puddin'

From Cabbage's link - "An Information Security provider in the US. Our main offerings are Social Engineering, Competitive Intelligence, Social Network investigation, and Investigative research. We provide niche solutions, operational security, and special conditions management."

This sentence needs more buzz words.

"Asherah Research Group (formerly Backtrace Security) assists our clients to predict and neutralize emerging social threats. While other security companies specialize in hardware/software vulnerabilities and exploitation; AR Group specializes in the human experience."

While other internet security companies deal with internet security, we don't.

How do they 'specialize' in the human experience?

WTF does that even mean?

Are you sure your neighbour isn't the crazy one?

I'd say it's probably rule #2 in 'The Big Book of American Surveillance': Don't get drunk & tell your mark you are watching him.

You can divulge bro, no one will think you're crazy.

Fuck 'em if they do.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Plum Puddin'

Who physically threatened you?
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:53 pm
empti

dude, im scared as shit right now and made a twitter account (i dont even know how to use it properly, def aint anonymous) they thought I was an audio engineer cuz i invest in gear to ge tmy sound my good. and I think they're using some sort of directional frequency shit, or hacking bluetooth or hacking the public wifi hotspots (in so cal, Time warner has a hotspot nearly everywhere, and to tell a story in these parenthesis real quick, and pls bare with meas itll track back (no pun) to the original question) I'd told my aunt whom i live with im crazy and hearing voices, she kicked me out and I was homeless...off the grid basically but one evening in the park i booted up my laptop to use the visitor free 30mins of wifi from TWC and after that, walked for 3 hrs thinking I was being followed by people whos names were used in a convo with my buddy that I met with, thinking they were gonna jump and rob me. My step brother is sureno gang member, in jail atm, I walked into his barrio to ditch whom I assumed was following me but never saw, and then hear people whom i assumed from his barrio, speaking from somewhere saying "oh its his bro, he's homeless but if he keeps pacing back and forth in front of the pad we gonna think he's the cops)
It got to a point my thoughts became like an echo chamber, but read back by my neighbor as if they'd established a baseline of whatever the fuck....
it was conspiracy theorized by me this tactic is used to fucking get suspected terrorists to talk to themselves, or in this case, them and then fucking eventually start to say things outloud.
cuz ANYTHING YOU SAY but thought crime aint real...but this is evil evil shit man.

I swear to fucking god man, they've dug into every aspect of my past and them began using it to tailor a good cop bad cop ytype experience man.

I cant hate people, I'm empathetic as shit, libra in true form, you can rob me for drug money and I'll put myself in your shoes and say if i was a meth head or heroin addict, I'ma fucking probably do the same....and they played on this. eventually, as I became increasingly aware over the past few days that I'm not insane and made demands to stop and compensate (like a fender bender where you dont contact insurance, cuz im scared man) they begin to then send dudes wife out to go get me cat food and a pack fo smokes....I was fucking foolishly going to kill it over that. then its like "oh they dont have type of food man sorry"
next day i demanded just 100bucks, as a show of good faith, and to kill the harassment, it didnt stop but he went out to go get me a fucking "moneypak" for my greendot card.

He's got his house secured like a fortress, talking alarm system and all, but began leaving his window adjacent to my driveway open in attempt to get me to break in or something and catch me on camera. or so i suspect....

I'm not crazy guys, i mean i am, but not like that..

Kurt, dude was the one threatening me.

I've never been diagnosed with any sort of disorder, never been on antidepressants, anti-psychs and I dont even like to drink.

I smoke some weed and did my psych journeys 12+yrs ago and im just fucking scared

edit: sorry i scattered on my opening remarks, what i meant to get at was that I contacted greg housh and adrien chen just cuz i saw them on that doc i linked and i have no clue who the fuck can help me man. im scared as shit.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:04 pm
empti

also, since I contacted the aclu, and posted this thread, my neighbor who never really goes out, has speezed out and not return home yet.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:11 pm
AdamBomb

You should see a psychiatrist. Seriously. This is not a snark...please do yourself a favor and seek help.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:51 pm
Plum Puddin'

Have you got any one you can talk to in person about this?

Where you can go over all the details and get their thoughts and another opinion.

I know you are scared and everything but it's hard to understand all the little tid bits of info you've posted.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:14 pm
empti

nah im good man. I'm having a family gathering atm, enjoying the fact that ima be sitting pretty soon.
call me crazy all you want man its cool. I'll probably seek help after I litigate this shit.
plum, ima hook you up when i get paid.

Jokes and hurt feelings aside though, I just looked into the Asherah Research twitter page and found some interesting articles posted during the time of my torture that sort of coincide with what was done to me.

http://www.news.cornell.edu/stories/2014/07/study-cracks-brains-emotional-code

hes asking me not to say anything now though.

yep, im crazy. lol
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:15 pm
empti

just saw your post, plum...posted while i was typing out the last one.

Yeah, i called some homies, im actually feeling pretty damn good right now cuz i know im in a position of leverage. I'm eating some jerk chicken, bout to crack a beer and post with my aunt and cuzzos.

I'd never googled backtrace security cuz i was told not to the entire time, now that yall helped me, i got the balls to look into shit and tone has changed.

I dont know much about schizophrenia, but it doesnt run in my family and ive never done enough of anything to induce it, that im sure of. but im pretty certain when a schizophrenic, who feels that someone is driving them crazy on purpose, when they post to a msg board, and contact the ACLU, that the voice in their head's tone changes to pleading pleading, and asking to please please not do this. and the schizophrenic begins to feel vindicated. especially considering that I'm being made to look crazy cuz its crazy shit thats going down.

I mean i dont blame yall for thinking that im nuts....i dont, but i swear to you with every fiber of my being there's some evil evil shit out there, and its been done to me.

smile, its gonna be alright.

I love yall.

fear, fuck it.
ill keep yall posted. feel free to ask anything you want, and im sorry for being so scattered and cryptic but i really really dont want to ruin my neighbors life but at the same time, I've been pushed too fucking far at this point.
Post Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:21 pm
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

As someone who has had some close relations with people who suffer from schizophrenia, and several encounters with random schizophrenics (due to the nature of my job), I must say that you're raising a lot of red flags right now. Not that I think you'll believe me or anyone else. That's kind of the nature of the illness. But I really do hope you get yourself checked out.

Last edited by Sage Francis on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:44 am
sneeeeb
COCKRING WRAITH

First of all, Sage, you didn't finish off your parenthesis.

Second of all, as a former weed smoker who understands how the mind can become over-encumbered, let's not jump to schizophrenic conclusions.

Yes, his ambiguity does smell of a paranoid delusion that he is unable to properly put into words. However, these 14 year-old little 4chan fuckers are fully capable of trolling a dude into thinking he is an mk-ultra participant, so let's not cross this finish line until we know more.

On top of that, this might be a troll in of itself.... this is the internet after all, gentlemen. If you are fucking with all of us, shame on you, empti.

empti, you need to give more details. All you did was give a vague and very ambiguous recounting of the boogeyman under your bed. Have you actually talked to a real person in regards to this? Has a man with hollowed eyes looked at you within this real life and put fear into you or is this a product of instant messenger conversations? Do you smoke weed? This weed question is very important and I am by no means being condescending as I ask this, as I am a former weed smoker who was once indelibly marked by the great unknown.

What exactly is going on, in detail? Have you formatted your hard drive and re-installed your OS? Have you had a history of the man coming at you or is this the first time? When you bought the mask, did you in any way think, "I wonder if this is going to come back to haunt me...."

I'm open to believing you as much as I am open to believing that you have an issue with paranoia (and as much as I am open to believing you are mancabbage's alternate account, hellbent on buggery) so I hope you don't recede into the darkness out of fear. You could very well be in the cross-hairs of little internet fuckers or you could very well be in the midst of a paranoid, psychological issue.

Just know one thing, man: Nobody worthy of your true fear would ever let you know they were watching you. You are either having a breakdown or you are being fucked with by 14 year-olds (The whole "backtrace" security thing reeks of that old "we are going to backtrace you!!!!" video and it sounds like troll-shit) ... there is no in-between.

Last edited by sneeeeb on Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:05 am
Sage Francis
Self Fighteous

sneeeeb wrote:
First of all, Sage, you didn't finish off your parenthesis.

Fixed.

sneeeeb wrote:
this might be a troll in of itself.... this is the internet after all, gentlemen.

Agreed. Which is why I always try to keep my advice short and sweet in these instances.

sneeeeb wrote:
Nobody worthy of your true fear would ever let you know they were watching you. You are either having a breakdown or you are being fucked with by 14 year-olds.

And unlike when we were 14, I think 14 year olds have more interesting shit to keep themselves busy these days. That's my take on it anyway.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:13 am
sneeeeb
COCKRING WRAITH

I still play video games online, so trust me when I tell you that these kids love nothing -- absolutely nothing more than to fuck with people over the internet in the most advanced ways possible.

This can also be said for you and your 20 alternate accounts, you filthy maniac.

But all of that said, if empti is a real dude opening himself up here for help, he needs to know that anyone worth fearing would never, ever let him know he needs to fear to begin with unless their only aim was to fuck with his head.

The real man does not have any need or want to let you know that he is the man.

I hope you all understand how beautiful and sweet I am for this and I hope I can help empti in whatever way possible. I love you, man... let's figure this shit out, no joke.
Post Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:26 am

Jump to:  
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next