Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Dr Sagacious

Come on, fellas. Let's play some Minecraft. I'm starting my own massive underground lair, and I need help clearing out the monsters down there so I can properly light things down there. I'm hoping that all the stone I pull up from down there I can use to build a massive fortress on top of my lair.

Yes, I am aware of how nerdy that sounds, but damn it, it's fun!
Post Sun May 20, 2012 5:09 pm
mancabbage

Anyone played Dear Esther? Got it for a couple of quid from steam, its over in about an hour and a half but I gotta say I really enjoyed it

</object>
Post Sun May 20, 2012 6:20 pm
Prontoid

Dr Sagacious wrote:
Come on, fellas. Let's play some Minecraft. I'm starting my own massive underground lair, and I need help clearing out the monsters down there so I can properly light things down there. I'm hoping that all the stone I pull up from down there I can use to build a massive fortress on top of my lair.

i started playing this for the first time last night before bed - just thought i'd play long enough to build a little cavern and bed and shit to get set up - I do that then decide that my little cave isn't symettrical enough - 5 hours later im still shaving away at the cave which is now more of a barracks carved into a hill - all i dreamt about during the very little sleep I had last night was the tunnel I now want to build coming out of it and how I have enough stone to build something way more baller tonight....thanks Minecraft, goodbye life....
Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:45 pm
Dr Sagacious

Prontoid wrote:
Dr Sagacious wrote:

i started playing this for the first time last night before bed - just thought i'd play long enough to build a little cavern and bed and shit to get set up - I do that then decide that my little cave isn't symettrical enough - 5 hours later im still shaving away at the cave which is now more of a barracks carved into a hill - all i dreamt about during the very little sleep I had last night was the tunnel I now want to build coming out of it and how I have enough stone to build something way more baller tonight....thanks Minecraft, goodbye life....

I know exactly how you feel. Add me to XBL if you want to play together (Sagacious(space)Ray is my gamertag).

I started my game off building an underground base for my mining operation. I just started mining for hours, coming across a natural underground cave network full of iron, coal, and some redstone. Plus, there is a huge underground lava pool that can be used as energy. Now my simple mining operation has turned into what is going to be a huge underground base, and on top, a massive fortress on the surface that I marked the area that I would build it on with torches.

I spent a good hour or so making improvements to the tunnels, making sure they had ample lighting, also stone stairs and ladders so I no longer have to jump up blocks all the time.

But this natural cave network, I haven't even really gotten to explore the whole way through. I don't even know how far down it goes, and how wide it is. Plus, how dangerous it is since the monsters tend to spawn in complete darkness. It's fucking scary. Haha. This is what I need help with, because I'm just too much of a fraidy cat to go too far into the darkness. Lmao.

I still haven't even explored the rest of the world yet, but I have enough stone to build like two castles. :|
Post Mon May 21, 2012 10:51 am
Disharmony

I will probably get minecraft at some point. I will build the world with yallz.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:17 am
Dr Sagacious

Just do it today, and get it over with. You know your life is over. We all know our lives are over now that Minecraft has been ported to console.
Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:26 am
Disharmony

I'm busy weekends and the next couple weeks are up and down. Soon...soon....
Post Mon May 21, 2012 11:38 am
Captiv8

Well I just sold back my unopened copy of Mass Effect 3 for a $5 profit. I'm not happy about it, but I need the money more than I need the game. Besides, I have quite a few others games to start or finish off. Right now I'm going through the very tedious and time consuming process of wrapping up Forza 3. It's not in any one difficult and requires no skill. All I have to do is choose the car and race then hire a driver. It's incredibly boring, but it allows me to get something of my video game fix while doing more important and pressing things.

I'm just whining, I know. But I do wonder how folks afford to buy brand new games all of the time. Surely some people are simply well-to-do or free from major financial burdens, but I refuse to believe that most gamers are in this category. I'm broke as a motherfucker during the summer since my stipend is only good for the school year and finding a temporary job for 3-4 months is difficult. So what's your secret, folks? Where is all of the disposable income coming from? I am envious at your financial security!

In happier news, I'm finding solace in playing Fallout New Vegas for the third time. I've done just about everything there is to do in the game and yet it's massive world still beckons. Some parts are a little tedious since some of the internal environments are cloned, but for the most part I love roaming the wasteland in search of unique weapons/armor, pointlessly collecting booze, and decapitating fiends (made that much easier by the Sneering Imperialist perk, which adds 15% damage to all fiends and hostile humans). I'm also looking forward to replaying the Honest Hearts DLC, as I breezed through it the first time and missed out on some things, I'm sure. There are some really great weapons to snag as well.
Post Wed May 23, 2012 10:41 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Captiv8 wrote:
Well I just sold back my unopened copy of Mass Effect 3 for a $5 profit

seems more of you just lost money , or threw away money in that deal, or did you get back 5 dollars more than what you paid?
Post Wed May 23, 2012 12:42 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
Captiv8 wrote:
Well I just sold back my unopened copy of Mass Effect 3 for a $5 profit

seems more of you just lost money , or threw away money in that deal, or did you get back 5 dollars more than what you paid?

I paid $30 and sold it for $35.
Post Wed May 23, 2012 12:46 pm
Sarcastro

Cap you gotta resist the hype and the ads and not buy the game until you're actually ready to play it. I used to make the same mistake, Assassins Creed Brotherhood went untouched for like 4 months and then I played it like twice.

Just a waste of money right there.
Post Wed May 23, 2012 3:53 pm
Captiv8

Normally I don't get games until they're used at $30 or less. ME3 was Amazon's deal of the day a few weeks back at $30 new so I went for it, anticipating I would play it once my semester was over. I sold it back for more than that so I'm not salty. I have a handful of unplayed games that I'll fire up at some point. I also want a couple of arcade games that are reasonable. Alan Wake is at the top of that list.
Post Wed May 23, 2012 6:17 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i used to be very strict about buying games at all, it would only be games i knew i would replay over and over, and just rent try out games im interested in

but now that renting is basicly gone, and im not liking this whole redbox shit either, ive been buying games that i think are cool and want to check out, most of these games ill wait til they are dirt cheap , and some that i get really hyped about and know i'll like for sure, i'll buy brand new because im impatient like that, i would say that this year with all these major great games released was one of the only times ive bought a bunch of "new" games, but even with those i wait on a few to drop down in price

i bought a few on just straight up change i had saved up, and traded in a bunch of old games too

i really wanna get back to how i was and only buy new/used games i know i'll play over and over, and just trade off and sell the rest, i wish there was a better way to rent games without some plan or redbox, i wish there were more game demos and not demos of all these shitty games, anyone notice that? there a few good demos out there but most of them are all garbage why dont they release demos of better games for us!!!
Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:07 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

but hey yall

i just wanna say

im HIGHLY impressed with this FALLOUT NEW VEGAS OLD WORLD BLUES DLC

dont sleep if you havent played it yet
Post Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Sorry, time occupied with Diablo 3.

Caligula#1620 is my battletag if anyone wants to smash hellions with me.
Post Thu May 24, 2012 8:59 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 271, 272, 273 ... 345, 346, 347  Next