Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

xGasPricesx

Why the fuck did I just watch 3 matches of that?
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:43 pm
Plum Puddin'

Because its fish playing street fighter brah.

"oh he's swimming to 'high kick'...you fucked up now orange fish!!"
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:38 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Limbs wrote:
Hey so I'm getting into this GTA Online thing and I think I can hang a little bit. I like that it's just a hub for all kinds of actually really basic games. It's good veg stuff. Let's play. Neuro I friended you.

when i play gta online i rarely play the missions, i just freeroam most of the time, team up with peeps and/or battle peeps sandbox style
Post Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:55 pm
Disharmony

Finally dived into the world of PC gaming. I am having a PC built and should receive it in about 3 weeks. As far as I can tell, I should be able to run pretty much anything at ultra settings.

What should I go for beyond the obvious...ie: sc2, diablo 3...ect
Post Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:54 pm
Captiv8

I've only played the intro sequence to The Last of Us and I already know it's going to be one of the best games I've ever played. You rarely see that kind of convincing motion displayed in a video game. In a somewhat similar fashion to LA Noire, it feels like I'm playing a movie. Man, I cannot wait to see what's in store for me as I progress through the story. It may be one of the few storylines I actually care about it.
Post Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:12 pm
Disharmony

Captiv8 wrote:
I've only played the intro sequence to The Last of Us and I already know it's going to be one of the best games I've ever played. You rarely see that kind of convincing motion displayed in a video game. In a somewhat similar fashion to LA Noire, it feels like I'm playing a movie. Man, I cannot wait to see what's in store for me as I progress through the story. It may be one of the few storylines I actually care about it.
Last of us is one of the rare single player games that I plan on playing through again. Very fun and thrilling experience. I hope they make something in the same vein of it soon.
Post Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:04 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just scooped Transformers War For Cybertron for 5 bucks on 360

have yet to play but the reviews are all really good across the board, not doing anything new really but supposed to be a Great/the best transformers game all in all

also

been replaying some Metro Last Light on 360 , such a great game and one that really grows on you like a great music album, i will eventually get the new reduxe bundle since i havent played through the first but for now im soaking this one in and im paying even more attention to the details this time around, i know i bring up wolfenstein the new order alot but i honestly believe its very underated, and has alot of gameplay elements also most likely inspired from metro

right now im looking forward to Alien , Evil Within, and the new Doom the most

destiny is cool and all (from the beta) and i know it was only the beta, it was lacking something though or maybe its just because im not into MMO type games, dont get me wrong its beautifully crafted and what not, i dunno...im passing on it for now
Post Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:35 pm
poisonfree

Disharmony: bookmark the humble bundle website and you can get a nice collection of games for almost pennies.

add me on steam: mistadobalina

I often have extra game keys.

is anyone getting destiny? I'll be on ps4 tonight : mekishiko916
Post Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:15 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Disharmony

poisonfree wrote:
Disharmony: bookmark the humble bundle website and you can get a nice collection of games for almost pennies.

add me on steam: mistadobalina

I often have extra game keys.

is anyone getting destiny? I'll be on ps4 tonight : mekishiko916
Good looking out. I will add you to steam when I inevitably create an account.

What exactly is the humble bundle? It is like a bunch of game downloads sold for one low price or something?
Post Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:43 am
Mark in Minnesota

1. A collection of game downloads, typically DRM free.
2. Name your price, typically with bonuses like an additional game included if your chosen price is over the median.
3. Some of the proceeds go to charity.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Bundle
Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 3:23 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Transformers War of Cybertron is fun little time killer and i like the style of the transformers and how its like the comics/80s cartoon but i dont know why all the reviews are really high for it, maybe at the time of its release it was that good? i dunno, glad i got it for cheapo though

any body here into Destiny or what, i would like to hear some opinions
Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:06 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I've been playing it for a couple of days.

Penny Arcade described it as Halo by way of Phantasy Star Online, which is just about right. I might have said Halo by way of Borderlands and/or Dark Souls, but either way.

It's really good if you like the constituent elements, but if you don't like Halo you won't like it, and if you can't sit still for the kind of RPG progression that characterizes games like Borderlands or Diablo, you won't like it.

I doubt I'll still be playing it a month from now, but maybe I'll surprise me.
Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

seems like halos version of borderlands, with much smoother gameplay

----------

i traded some stuff in and got it, damn it. haha

and i got my first disc game and from the many times ive asked the difference between digital and disc for the new system most said they were the same, but lemme tell you, THE DISC INSTALL was TONS faster , TONS, i will get discs from now on if available
Post Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:46 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I always go for the physical copy when I have a choice. I just enjoy having a physical collection that takes up some space. Plus like you said install times are faster.

But suddenly I have a shit ton of digital games on 360, ever since things started going on sale every week. These digital games are the only reason I have kept my 360 every since I bought an Xbox One. I use the 360 more often that I use my Xbone still.

Unless I'm watching TV. Thats honestly probably my favorite feature about the Xbox One. Go from a game to watching TV in seconds without changing input.
Post Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:30 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i still use the 360 too and also have been stocked up on digital games for it

microsoft really needs to find a way to combine 360 and xbox one
Post Sun Sep 14, 2014 9:15 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 355, 356, 357, 358, 359, 360  Next