Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

now that i have played a lot, and messed around in freeroam, it feels like an open world infinite spawning firefight game, with random objectives thrown in

a comparison might be halo combined with borderlands, much less annoying than borderlands though and as beautiful as skyrim/mass effect
Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 am
Limbs

I just got wolfenstein for Xbox 360 did you guys like it?
Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i love it but i play on xbox one not sure how 360 version is
Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:44 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

LIMBS where you at tell me what you think
Post Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:25 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQhtHtwKZbE
Post Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:54 pm
Limbs

I think I got the old wolfenstein. For the 360. So far so good. I'm a slow player and play on easy. My gamer tag is Limbsical if you wanna be buds. I'm not quite sure how it all works though. I'm still killing cops in gta. Can we kill cops together?

I also got a bunch of other games I haven't got to yet. I'm scurred to play online.
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:40 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

been meaning to play the older wolf that you might have, i heard it was decent The New Order is the new one, and its a revamp and more traditional kinda like the OG WOLFENSTEIN 3D still pretty linear i guess , tons of replay value though In my opinion, i took a lil break from GTAV but ill be back very soon, im pretty ADHD with video games, sometimes in one session ill play 4 different games 15 mins each or some shit haha

my gamer tag is JERMUS 7 if you or anyone wants to hit me up, but just so you know i DO NOT use a headset microphone so dont get bent out of shape if i dont talk to you, im all for gaming it up though

--------------------------------------------------------------------

://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAp8zKQk1h8
Post Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Mark in Minnesota

I recently beat Rogue Legacy.

That game has gotten almost 40 hours out of me so far and I don't feel done yet, and yet I think I may hate everything it stands for.

1. No real story to speak of.
2. The randomized levels coupled with the way movement powers are unlocked rob all sense of discovery and exploration from the game.
3. The difficulty level is intentionally designed to scale poorly such that by the time the hard things are achievable the easy things are mind-numbingly easy. This wasn't charming when Dark Souls did it, having a game with deliberately dumb art assets, no real lore to speak of, etc. was just annoying.
4. The in-game economy is designed to grind to a halt. I kept bracing myself for an offer of in-app purchases which never game; turns out the reason it never comes is New Game Plus arbitrarily gives you more money.
5. Doesn't have the same kind of "gnarl" that, for example, Disgaea games had.
6. For me the canonical roguelike is NetHack. This is almost the opposite of NetHack. That game was intricate. It was designed around the idea that you will always start from scratch, and will advance your character as you descend and ascend the dungeon, and always have an unlimited amount of time to decide your next move, and are mostly contending with a lack of information--even attempt to attempt! This game is simplistic. It is designed around the idea that the only assets you have are the ones you retrieved on previous attempts. The game is an action platformer, requiring fast twitch reflex reactions to enemies attacking you in real time. There are almost no secrets to uncover. Just twitchy, twitchy difficulty to master.

I wanted so much more, from an almost completely different game.
Post Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:51 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

looking forward to trying out Dishonored on 360 for free
Post Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:42 pm
Captiv8

Dishonored is an awesome game, and you can't beat free. It has the same feel as Deus Ex in terms of level progression, but with some cool moves to get you passed tough spots. I prefer the stealth approach, and the combat is kind of designed to encourage avoidance. Really, the game is a blast to play, so have fun.
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:36 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

just in the first 15 min or so i can already see game design elements that came from this and went into the new wolfenstein, also a sorta proto-idtech5-painting style the way the graphics look too
Post Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:00 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

dishonored is a really odd and unique game that is growing on me, i like it but im not completely with it yet, i like wolfensteins version though

also i downloaded a N64 emulator just see what its like and its not bad, not bad at all besides the controls, i totally forgot what an absolute MESS the n64 controller was, really though does anybody remember it? WHAT A MESS
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:22 am
Limbs

Hey so I'm getting into this GTA Online thing and I think I can hang a little bit. I like that it's just a hub for all kinds of actually really basic games. It's good veg stuff. Let's play. Neuro I friended you.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:23 am
Limbs

Oh and I can really only remember playing Zelda on 64 and I liked the controller for that.
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:26 am
Plum Puddin'

7000 people are currently watching 2 fish play street fighter.

http://www.twitch.tv/FishPlayStreetFighter
Post Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 354, 355, 356 ... 358, 359, 360  Next