Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

kinect is worthless in my opinion i dont even have it hooked up, i'd rather not yell at my tv and swing my arms around like an idiot, no reason to use it in my opinion, just press a button, its better for me

xbox one controller is super comfortable, even compared to 360, and even though they are not much different in design, they do feel different

i really wish xbox would move some of the better games from xbox arcade over to One, c'mon microsoft lets start the transition

i read in IGN awhile ago they are in fact working on backwards compatibility still and are still figuring out how to apply it

Metal Gear V Ground Zeros is really awesome, its extremely short though, its a mini open world sandbox made for replayabilty, alot of folks in reviews are mad because of how short it is but they dont sandbox it, which is what the game is made for, get loose with have fun, try stuff

i havent played a metal gear since metal gear solid on og playstation, really looking forward to Phantom Pain
Post Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:35 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
kinect is worthless in my opinion i dont even have it hooked up, i'd rather not yell at my tv and swing my arms around like an idiot, no reason to use it in my opinion, just press a button, its better for me

I don't really enjoy the Kinect either, but it's really great for entertaining nieces and nephews, or getting people that don't normally like video games involved. So I appreciate it for that. I've never tried playing a serious game with it.
Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:15 am
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

The 360 kinect doesn't work on Xbox One. The new kinect is a bit better better, better camera, etc. My kinect works fine in my smaller room, I don't have space to play kinect games really, but I don't really want to. The voice commands work fine though without needing to yell. I can talk in a normal, comfortable voice.

Still kind of worthless though. Its nice when I start up and want to watch TV and don't necessarily want to turn my controller on. Then I can verbally switch to netflix...but once on netflix the voice commands get annoying and I have to use my controller anyway, so all it really did was save me a few seconds.

Sometimes I'll be having a conversation with someone else and I'll say something unrelated and the kinect thinks I'm speaking to it and shit pops up on the screen, which can be annoying.

But as Mark said, there's really nothing out there pushing boundaries. Just polished Xbox 360 games. But I didn't really expect much more than that at this point. Looking forward to this falls line-up however
Post Sat Jun 28, 2014 5:28 pm
sneeeeb
COCKRING WRAITH

You guys see this yet? It's a hand-drawn game made to look like those old 1940's cartoons. Gorgeous.

<object><param><param><param></object><br>View on YouTube
Post Sun Jun 29, 2014 4:00 am
Juan

Guacemelee is actually a pretty fun game free on Xbox One with games with gold. Is a pretty pleasant surprise. I figured there wouldn't be any good games showing up on Xbox One games with gold for awhile but I was wrong.

Map design is old school metorid-ish with plenty of other old school references, with a fairly amusing storyline thus far. if you have an Xbox One I recommend trying it
Post Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:48 am
Brynjar

sneeeeb wrote:
You guys see this yet? It's a hand-drawn game made to look like those old 1940's cartoons. Gorgeous.

<object><param><param><param></object><br>View on YouTube

Yeah this is crazy, this and No Man's Sky are the best things from E3
Post Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:23 pm
Juan

Been playing PS4 for the last few days. Man i hate the controller. I'm a big guy with pretty big hands and this thing is hurting my fingers. Xbone controller is way better.

Other than that navigating or transitioning from menus on the PS4 seems to take longer to load as well. On the xbox you can go from the game, to the dashboard, back to the game in under 2 seconds effortlessly. The ps4 uses a little more effort, and it even froze up on us twice. When I created my profile it seemed to confuse it a bit and that required a restart. I'm sure these bugs might get ironed out with some updates, but I feel like the xbox is ahead right now in that respect.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:35 am
Mark in Minnesota

I agree, Xbox One outperforms PS4 on ease of use, in spite of the fact that the PS4 is designed to do fewer things.
Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:53 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/07/another-5-reasons-video-games-are-actually-good-for-you?utm_campaign
Post Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:46 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

for those still sleeping on Wolfenstien The New Order, heres yet another excellent review

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technology-science/technology/wolfenstein-new-order-review---3800952
Post Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:17 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Valiant Hearts was worth $15, but it's really a mobile game at its core. The console versions seem like an afterthought.
Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:25 am
Juan

Just played through the final chapter of The Wolf Among Us, and it was very very good. Now I need to play through again from the beginning and choose some alternate paths to get the achievements I missed and see the rest of the story.

I actually prefer this game over The Walking Dead telltale games. I like both, but I felt like my choices changed things a lot more and I like the story. Def worth buying
Post Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:48 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

might have to try this very soon

Post Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:13 pm
mizterie

i've tried to play outlast. it scares the shit out of me, and i'm not scared easily.

i can't figure out how to get out of the basement without getting murdered. i just stopped playing.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:17 am
Captiv8

Juan wrote:
Just played through the final chapter of The Wolf Among Us, and it was very very good. Now I need to play through again from the beginning and choose some alternate paths to get the achievements I missed and see the rest of the story.

I actually prefer this game over The Walking Dead telltale games. I like both, but I felt like my choices changed things a lot more and I like the story. Def worth buying

I sort of agree and sort of don't. I like the setting of Walking Dead more, but I do think the choices are more impactful in WAU. Then again, I'm not familiar with the Fable graphic novel, so perhaps it would mean more to me if I was.

Outlast looks awesome. I'm always a fan of survival horror.
Post Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 351, 352, 353 ... 359, 360, 361  Next