Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

WAT

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-completed-in-20-minutes/1100-6420071/

EDIT: nevermind the person used a bunch of glitches
Post Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:29 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Well, I finally did it. Amazon order for:
- One (1) Xbox One with Kinect.
- One (1) additional controller.
- Two (2) play and change kits.
- One (1) PlayStation 4.
- One (1) additional controller.
- One copy each: Watch Dogs, Assassin's Creed IV, Infamous: Second Son.

I'm thinking I'm going to supplement that with a 3DS XL and a couple of games for that. What have I missed in the last half-decade or so of Nintendo handhelds? I used to own a DS but essentially never bought any games for it other than New Super Mario Bros, and I gave it away a couple of years back to a friend with, among other things, greater need.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:10 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

mario and zelda games are where its at for 3ds, any of them, mario 3-d land and zelda link between worlds might be your best bet since you have the "3D"s, i have never played zelda ocarina of time but the 3ds revamped version has got great reviews and is considered hands down best zelda in most opinions, 3DS also can play DS games

you have a lot of open world games on your next gen list, PLEASE try the new Wolfenstein to break that up, it still has good freedom compared to most FPShooters, and i really think youll get a kick out of the story as well, they did it right im tellin you

did you ever play Metro Last Light? they are re:releasing both metros together for next gen too
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:37 am
smake

Yup, Mario and Zelda are some of the DS's highlights. The Professor Layton series is great as well. If you like adventures, try Broken Sword.

Soma Bringer is an awesome Diablo-type dungeon crawler. The environments are fairly boring, but the gameplay and customization is incredible for a handheld. Great use of the limited buttons. Story is quite fun if you like Asian RPG's.

N+ is a great platformers. I have also enjoyed Henry Hatsworth and his puzzling adventure (tetris/platform combo) and Kirby's Canvas Curse.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 3:19 am
jakethesnake
guy who cried about wrestling being real

Neuro wrote:
WAT

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dark-souls-2-completed-in-20-minutes/1100-6420071/

EDIT: nevermind the person used a bunch of glitches

Using glitches is acceptable in speed runs most of the time. Sometimes people set up rules against using specific glitches, especially if they skip huge parts of the game.

Not sure about the accepted rules for DS2.

Come, I'll show you how deep the rabbit hole goes:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 7:03 am
Disharmony

Neuro wrote:
but, isnt it the best game out for wii u right now?

dont do that man you will regret it

just take a break from it
I wouldn't say it's wiiu's best game. That all boils down to personal interest.

I still have windwaker to complete and with mk8 I got a free download of pikmin 3. I don't think I'll regret it too much.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:25 pm
FreddyD

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
The first Dark Souls is the best gothic horror RPG I've seen, especially in the modern era. But I hate the mandatory multiplayer elements, and I hate that the game's difficulty is designed around the assumption that you will engage in multiplay throughout. I get this tremendous sense of gravity as I explore that game, and every time another human being touches my game in any way, from the orange blobby hint messages to invasions to summon signs, my immersion was sabotaged.

Now I'm at a point late in the game where I can't find people to join my world, can't easily get summoned into other worlds, but am still routinely invaded and savaged by PvP I want no part of.

The difficulty is what it is, and I could take or leave it. But it makes me crazy that I won't get to see the art, see how the story ends, see the world's secrets--only because I arrived at the game so late in its run that the multiplay is not geared toward the kind of casual exploration I hoped to do.

So I'm done. Beautiful game design that just isn't For Me.

Why not just play in off-line mode so none of the multi-player elements function?
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:58 pm
Mark in Minnesota

That would exclude me from the PvP elements but doesn't dynamically adjust gameplay which was tuned for cooperative play to instead be tuned for single player plus NPC play. Boss fights like Orstein & Smough feel borderline broken to me when there's only one human controlling a character in the fight.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 2:30 pm
mizterie

Disharmony wrote:
Mario Kart 8 is good fun...beat all the races in about 5 hours. Did about 20 mins of online. I think I'll prob sell it to gamestop in the next week or so. I can't see hanging onto a game like this due to the fact I don't have friend gatherings anymore. Ah, being a silly grown up.

son... at least let me whoop your ass before you sell the shit. what's your nintendo ID?
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:40 pm
Disharmony

mizterie wrote:
Disharmony wrote:
Mario Kart 8 is good fun...beat all the races in about 5 hours. Did about 20 mins of online. I think I'll prob sell it to gamestop in the next week or so. I can't see hanging onto a game like this due to the fact I don't have friend gatherings anymore. Ah, being a silly grown up.

son... at least let me whoop your ass before you sell the shit. what's your nintendo ID?
I'll have it for awhile yet. Hit me up: EricUppercut

I have no idea how friends lists work on wiiu...if they even exist..so bare with me.
Post Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

http://majornelson.com/2014/06/05/pc-drivers-for-the-xbox-one-controller-available-now/

BOOM

now i can play all my nes/snes/sega emulators with xbox one controller

for some reason i could never get my 360 controller to work with my pc

xbox one controller works right away

super rad!!!!!!!!
Post Thu Jun 05, 2014 1:20 pm
mizterie

Disharmony wrote:
mizterie wrote:
Disharmony wrote:

I'll have it for awhile yet. Hit me up: EricUppercut

I have no idea how friends lists work on wiiu...if they even exist..so bare with me.

i sent you a friend request. you gotta hit the green "friend list" icon (looks like a smiley face) to accept it. i think you can access it either in the main menu or in the menu after hitting the wii u button on the gamepad.
Post Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:08 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Finally got ahold of Watch Dogs for Xbox One, I've barely gotten a chance to play it so I'll check back in after awhile. So far so good. Still learning my way around

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After playing for a few hours, the biggest hurdle I have is I have to keep remembering that this isn't Grant Theft Auto. It looks like it should be, the world looks similar. You hijack cars and shit and drive around. But the physics are ever so slightly different. Cop chases seem to be rare, so you can do whatever you want really. I stole someone's car infront of them and they just seemed to get annoyed, but didn't try to fight me or anything.

It feels like a GTA Mod or something....GTA, just slightly.....off. Imagine playing in the GTA world, but you're a good guy instead of a piece of shit.

But once I put those thoughts in the back of my mind I've been having fun with the game. I haven't even scratched the surface yet. The graphics are beautiful on Xbox One. Hacking seems fun. Haven't played enough of the story to comment much on that yet, I've just been screwing around.
Post Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:22 pm
Mark in Minnesota

Finally digging my way into Assassin's Creed IV.

I started writing a long-winded post here talking about iteration in video games, comparing the iteration of Assassin's Creed to the iteration of Grand Theft Auto. I deleted that wall of text because really, who needs it?

I will say this: Much of the iteration in Assassin's Creed hasn't been about tuning or innovating the core gameplay--it's been at the periphery, the creation and expansion of various mini-games. The developers are trying to find ways to make you feel like the leader of an order: Assassins in the Ezio and Connor titles, and now pirates in this Kenway title--but they're fucking it up. They shouldn't have let Kenway build a pirate fleet if the only time you get to see it is in a menu system. At least in the previous games when you built the army of assassins you could press a button and have them rain down various kinds of hell on nearby attackers. What's the point of capturing ship after ship after ship on the high seas if the only thing I'm ever going to do is dispatch them to Morocco to deliver 40 bales of tobacco?

Part of iteration is back-to-basics cycles. Grand Theft Auto stripped the franchise back down to its absolute core in GTA IV, especially in the main title. I think it's why GTA V was so much better than GTA: San Andreas. Assassin's Creed needs a round of that soon, and I hope Unity ends up being it.

Up next: Either Watch Dogs or Infamous: Second Son. Leaning toward the latter, just so that I played something on my PS4 -once- during my first month of owning it.
Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:18 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im really looking forward to GTA V on next gen this fall

e3 this year is incredible, looking forward to so much
Post Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:51 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 349, 350, 351 ... 359, 360, 361  Next