Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

and if a game is really that popular/ a fan favorite im sure it will be revived with all its functionality on new systems

i dunno i have many great memories of old systems but i really think the 360 has been my very favorite for games in general so many great releases and great leaps in gameplay and most beautiful graphics, xbox and ps2 had its moments but face it most of those games were ugly clunky and still on the verge of trying/figuring out what can be done, 360 and ps3 hit the sweet spot, now the new systems are going take that torch on, i still feel 360/ps3 generation of games really figured out a lot and made tons of leaps for the gaming future, where as awesome these new systems will be its been seemingly slow for things to happen upon their release, and im also sure everything is being worked on right now as i type and the gaming universe will soon explode into a virtual hd pixeled heaven

Video games.
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:00 am
Mark in Minnesota

Speaking of great games for the Xbox 360, State of Decay is half price right now. Anyone who hasn't played it yet really should consider doing so. Especially with the escalating challenge and more long-term strategizing of the Breakdown DLC, it's good value for money. There's also still new DLC coming--a second one called Lifeline which will even offer a new map. Can't wait. :-)
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:48 am
Brynjar

I've been playing ibb and obb with my girlfriend, it's a great game if you wanna get someone into games that doesn't really play them. It's kinda like a Mario/Portal mix
Post Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:10 am
Mark in Minnesota

Dark Souls was $5 so I bought it.

On a scale of one to ten, how much trouble am I about to be in?
Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:38 am
Prontoid

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Dark Souls was $5 so I bought it.

On a scale of one to ten, how much trouble am I about to be in?

I would take some time to read the wiki before jumping in as it will enhance your experience and save you some time.

I'll also be interested to hear your thoughts on it.
Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:53 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

you will probally like it because you like difficulty in games,

im really trying to enjoy it and i like it for everything it is except the difficulty, and its not even the difficulty so much its the backtracking and having to do a ton of shit over again from dieing

i keep returning and then i die a couple times and say fuck this i could be playing something else and actually have fun

i still keep trying at it though, i really want to get a hang of it

please anyone that is a dark souls fan here, type any and all about it, share videos , everything
Post Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:04 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
you will probally like it because you like difficulty in games,

im really trying to enjoy it and i like it for everything it is except the difficulty, and its not even the difficulty so much its the backtracking and having to do a ton of shit over again from dieing

i keep returning and then i die a couple times and say fuck this i could be playing something else and actually have fun

i still keep trying at it though, i really want to get a hang of it

please anyone that is a dark souls fan here, type any and all about it, share videos , everything

The completionist in me knows I don't have the patience to deal with the difficulty of Dark Souls. I don't mind a challenge, but from everything I've heard it's so much more than that. I don't want to have to replay large chunks of a game over and over again. As you said, I want to have at least some fun playing it. Otherwise it's a chore. I know I'm probably missing out on what is otherwise a great game, but I'm all right with that. I've got a bunch of other stuff to play.
Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:14 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

got my xbox one back today and got to play some Tomb Raider : Definitive Edition. It looked gorgeous on the 360, but it looks absolutely amazing on Xbone.

I also purchased Thief. But I haven't had a chance to pop that one in yet.
Post Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:59 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

what about this Titan Fall im seeing all over, supposed take over multiplayer as the best , looks cool i dunno what it is yet , COD in mechs?
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:42 am
Captiv8

I forgot how repetitive and uncreative the vast majority of the interiors are in Mass Effect. Just about all the optional missions have you running through the same three templates over and over again. BORING.
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:35 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

im really digging how more "open" the first is so far for exploring and the travel system, 2 and 3 didnt feel this free
Post Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:08 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

I've loaded up one some Xbox One games since I got it back.

Battlefield 4 is still my favorite. The frame rate and 64 person servers just make the game so much better and I can't stop playing it.

But I have popped in Thief, Dead Rising, and Tomb Raider.

Thief is gorgeous. To me it feels like a combo of Elder Srolls/Skyim and Assassins Creed. I haven't gotten enough hours in on it though to say much more.

I beat Tomb Raider on 360 and played about 20% through this one so far. It looks about as amazing as advertised. Half the time I'm playing I'm just wandering around aimlessly to look at the textures and blades of grass and light spectrums.

Got several hours of Dead Rising 3 in. I couldn't get into Dead Rising 2 but I've enjoyed this game so far. Just kinda like a dead island without the island. And 10,000x more zombies.

I also got Assassins Creed through Game Fly but I probably won't play it. I'll be sending it back to try to get TitanFall when it launched because I'm too broke to buy any more games.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:14 am
Captiv8

Thief looks absolutely incredible and I can't wait to play it. Based on your description Juan, the time might come sooner rather than later. Ahhh but the backlog awaits.

I'm playing Hell Yeah! Wrath of a Dead Rabbit now and it is a really entertaining arcade title. The colors are lush and I think the boss quick-time events, as well as the fatalities, are terrific. If you enjoy platformers and naked demon rabbits in any way, get this game.
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:34 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

batman arkham knight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUhcQvlOm7k
Post Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:15 pm
Mikal kHill

I am currently really enjoying the mindless hack/slashing of Warriors Orochi 3 on my Wii U. Also, New Super Mario Bros Wii U. My daughter plays it with me, which is a lot of fun.
Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:41 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 343, 344, 345 ... 355, 356, 357  Next