Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

well I was a sucker who bought a console at launch. sent my Xbox One in today for repairs/replacement.

it worked fine for awhile, then recently it just starts shutting itself off and then not wanting to turn back on. should've expected it.

back to playing Battlefield on 360. I have it for both systems and it's crazy how much better it is on Xbox One. The water is so much better on next gen, and the 64 player servers and great frame rate make it feel like a completely different game. Battlefield is always kinda boring on 360 I think, but with that many people on Xbox one it's crazy.

But yea, piece of shit still doesn't work.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:19 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i still have really no interest in any of the new consoles yet

only Wii U if you count that, kinda wanting a Wii U right bout now, with some mario in HD

Juan you like the new COD Ghosts? do you have that one for xbox one? i wanna know whats the differences if there is any

im actually really diggin ghosts,it surprised me somehow and i might go on a limb and say its the best COD out so far

speaking of limb, Limbo for ios is amazing
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:47 pm
Juan
girls don juan anything to do with me

Nah I passed on Ghosts. I played it a little bit (on 360) and just wasn't feeling it. I think I'm just overall burnt out on CoD, sadly. I played some Black Ops the other day and didn't mind that but I just couldn't get into ghosts.

I would like to play the campaign sometime, but I have no interest in the multiplayer. I just signed up for Game Fly recently so maybe I'll pick up Ghosts once I get my Xbone back.

I have Tomb Raider : Definitive Edition on the way that I am excited to play. Game looks gorgeous.
Post Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:13 pm
poisonfree

I played a bunch of "I wanna be the guy" and that game is the most difficult game on the planet.

I made it through a few levels but it took me days. I Haven't played it since. It's definitely worth attempting though.

jakethesnake wrote:
Mark in Minnesota wrote:
Finally ascended NetHack for the first time. Neutral Valkyrie. 10 genocides, 5 wishes, no artifact wishes. Midway past 6 million points. Just over 100000 turns.

Hardest thing I've ever, ever done in a computer game or console game. Tougher than killing Merlin's Pet on NannyMUD, tougher than getting all the platinum medals in Prototype, tougher than beating all the Bungie Halo titles on solo legendary.

They just don't make games that punishing anymore, at least not often. The permadeath modes in X-COM might be up there on higher difficulties, I suppose.

Impressive.

What about the "I wanna be" series? I've seen people with thousands of deaths on a single boss alone. Are you familiar?

Also Diablo 3 hardcore Inferno (pre nerfs) was supposed to be rather difficult. I think only a few people did it before they made it a lot easier (like patch 1.0.3 or something)
Post Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:23 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Flappy Birds.
Post Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:54 am
Blackstone Valley

Neuro wrote:
Flappy Birds.

I'll see your Flappy Birds and raise you one The Simpson's Tapped Out.
Post Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:08 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

Duke Nukem Forever.
Post Fri Feb 14, 2014 11:29 pm
Captiv8

Neuro wrote:
Duke Nukem Forever.

I thought it was okay. I just beat the whole damn thing and insane difficulty and it was really frustrating. In some ways it was worse than Mass Effect 2. I'm glad it's over. I do have the DLC to still do thought, so that should be good. I did enjoy the little jobs/tributes to other games though. That was fun.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 6:57 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

yeah i saw you were playin it so i was callin you out

yeah its a game that weighs in the either you hate it or love it type deal

its so "terrible" its "good"

i love it, i like the cornball shit thats in it and the oldschool type vibe it has, and like you said all the nods to other FPS games in it, its silly, a good silly

just a heads up the Campaign DLC is fucking awesome and makes the game feel more complete

you might even think the DLC is better than the default campaign

those loading screens though

holy fuck they are annoying

oh and dont waste your money on the multiplayer dlc, nobody plays that shit

Last edited by Neuro on Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:56 pm
Captiv8

Man, the loading times... Some of the worst I've ever seen, and especially annoying on Insane. I died so many times and had to wait like 45 seconds for to continue.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:00 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

on PC i think they fixxed all that though, the graphics got amped up too and you can carry four guns
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:03 pm
Captiv8

The ability to carry four guns would have made things so much easier. Dang. I kind of wondered why I couldn't just carry the pistol as a side-arm while still carrying two primary weapons, but whatever. It was a decent game, but I'd never play it again.
Post Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:10 pm
Mark in Minnesota

http://techcrunch.com/2014/02/18/irrational-games-the-company-behind-bioshock-is-shutting-down/

From the link's link:

Quote:

A Message From Ken Levine
When Jon Chey, Rob Fermier and I founded Irrational Games seventeen years ago, our mission was to make visually unique worlds and populate them with singular characters.

We built Rapture and Columbia, the Von Braun and The Rickenbacker, the Freedom Fortress and some of the nastiest basements a SWAT team ever set foot into. We created Booker and Elizabeth, the Big Daddy and the Little Sister, MidWives and ManBot. In that time, Irrational has grown larger and more successful than we could have conceived when we began our three-person studio in a living room in Cambridge, MA. Its been the defining project of my professional life.

Now Irrational Games is about to roll out the last DLC for BioShock Infinite and people are understandably asking: Whats next?

Seventeen years is a long time to do any job, even the best one. And working with the incredible team at Irrational Games is indeed the best job Ive ever had. While Im deeply proud of what weve accomplished together, my passion has turned to making a different kind of game than weve done before. To meet the challenge ahead, I need to refocus my energy on a smaller team with a flatter structure and a more direct relationship with gamers. In many ways, it will be a return to how we started: a small team making games for the core gaming audience.

I am winding down Irrational Games as you know it. Ill be starting a smaller, more entrepreneurial endeavor at Take-Two. That is going to mean parting ways with all but about fifteen members of the Irrational team. Theres no great way to lay people off, and our first concern is to make sure that the people who are leaving have as much support as we can give them during this transition.

Besides financial support, the staff will have access to the studio for a period of time to say their goodbyes and put together their portfolios. Other Take-Two studios will be on hand to discuss opportunities within the company, and well be hosting a recruiting day where well be giving 3rd party studios and publishers a chance to hold interviews with departing Irrational staff.*

Whats next?

In time we will announce a new endeavor with a new goal: To make narrative-driven games for the core gamer that are highly replayable. To foster the most direct relationship with our fans possible, we will focus exclusively on content delivered digitally.

When I first contemplated what I wanted to do, it became very clear to me that we were going to need a long period of design. Initially, I thought the only way to build this venture was with a classical startup model, a risk I was prepared to take. But when I talked to Take-Two about the idea, they convinced me that there was no better place to pursue this new chapter than within their walls. After all, theyre the ones who believed in and supported BioShock in the first place.

Thanks to Irrational and 2Ks passion in developing the games, and the fans who believe in it, BioShock has generated retail revenues of over a half billion dollars and secured an iconic place in gaming. Im handing the reins of our creation, the BioShock universe, to 2K so our new venture can focus entirely on replayable narrative. If were lucky, well build something half as memorable as BioShock.

We do our best to update an FAQ in this space as questions come in.

-Ken Levine

There are going to be books about this kind of thing. How a game can be released to universal acclaim, gross around a quarter of a billion dollars in its first quarter on the market, and then see the studio that made it simply fold.

Cliff Bleszinski leaving the studio he started, swearing he'll never make another disc-based title again.
John Carmack leaving id software because the company wouldn't keep paying him to advance the state of the art.
Peter Molyneaux leaving Lionhead, basically to try his hand at web games and MMOs.
Bungie's heads buying the company back from Microsoft and going independent.
Now this: Ken Levine gutting his own development studio to work on games of much smaller scale.

Similar changes are happening to the developers out of Japan. Venerable studios closing, less due to project failures than due to structural problems making it harder and harder for any project to be profitable.

Systematically, visionaries who helped define this last generation of gaming are leaving behind the franchises and empires they helped to build. Not to build more of the same, but to build much smaller titles, and to distribute them digitally, largely around the free-to-play or Steam "indie game" model.
Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:44 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i refuse to get Burial at Sea part 2 DLC thats for sure
Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:00 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

damn batman arkham city is 4.99 right now on xbox live for 360
Post Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:26 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 341, 342, 343 ... 353, 354, 355  Next