Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Mark in Minnesota

You the proudest crab in the bucket, dog. Keep pulling them other crabs back down the sides.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:58 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i am in the three six mafia

recognize.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 10:56 am
mzehe916

Can we have a forum crew for GTA online?
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:13 pm
xGasPricesx

So basically if I want a cooperative style of play with GTA online, I am going to be seriously disappointed. I just want to pull some heists and stuff with friends, I don't really want to have to worry about being blown away every second by some random person for no reason.
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:26 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

no

the way they have it set up is if you are a good player you play more with good players and if you are a shoot em up type player you will be with more of those type

you can even set it up so you cant be shot, look into that if thats your thing
Post Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:28 pm
xGasPricesx

Ah okay, I think I misread Mark's comments then. I just want to pull off some heists with friends, and maybe go on a few police rampages. If anyone is looking to do some of that stuff, feel free to add me on XBL, my username is shedfeathers.

Edit: if you do add me please just send a message with your username from here, so I can put names to other names.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:51 am
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

online is fun and all for when you want that, but the main game is so better in my opinion, and its so much more alive i cant express that enough, the randomness is incredible, i hope they add some of that type stuff to online, and more importantly Even more of that to the main game, even though i know about some of the secrets that await in the mainn game im super excited if i actually get to see them or unlock them
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 am
Captiv8

By way of fate I've acquired a PS3. What are the must-have exclusive Playstation titles I should grab immediately? I'm already planning on The Last of Us, as well as the Uncharted franchise. What else? Also, keep in mind I prefer action/RPG type games. Go!
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 6:37 am
Mark in Minnesota

I would join a forum crew if someone started one. I don't want to manage it though.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:09 pm
FreddyD

Captiv8 wrote:
By way of fate I've acquired a PS3. What are the must-have exclusive Playstation titles I should grab immediately? I'm already planning on The Last of Us, as well as the Uncharted franchise. What else? Also, keep in mind I prefer action/RPG type games. Go!

Dark Souls is easily one of the greatest action/RPG's I've ever played, probably THE greatest if I really had to choose. It wasn't a PS3 exclusive (its predecessor, Demon Souls, was however, and that's also fantastic), but it's an absolute must-play if you haven't already. Brush up on your chops for when Dark Souls 2 drops in March.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:20 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

any tips for beginners of dark souls, i know its a hard game and its why dont mess with it much, it seems annoyingly hard and not a good difficult
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:24 pm
FreddyD

Neuro wrote:
any tips for beginners of dark souls, i know its a hard game and its why dont mess with it much, it seems annoyingly hard and not a good difficult

I'd say play the game for 3-4 hours fully intending on making it a "trial run" to get a feel for the mechanics and how to fight, what to expect early, and maybe an idea of what kind of character you wanna ultimately run (big weapons and heavy armor? STR and END, etc.). After that restart the game with what you've learned. It'll be just as fun and you'll probably hit on some things you missed the first time around anyway. Classes don't matter much, but the Knight is probably your best bet for early balance.

Other than that, get the Drake Sword as soon as you're able, and enjoy a little easy-mode until it stops scaling.

Overall, I don't think it's that difficult of a game. It has some incredibly hard moments, but as a whole attention and repetition will see you through most of it without pulling your hair out, and it's rewarding as fuck along the way.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:50 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i think im about 3 hours in and im stuck on this one part i get right to where i need to be and something always ends up getting me deaded, then i have to restart allllllllllllllllll the way back , so i put it the game away, and i revisit it every now and then to try and get past this part and i die die die, i really like the game for what it is though, i'll restart it from scratch i guess
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:57 pm
FreddyD

Neuro wrote:
i think im about 3 hours in and im stuck on this one part i get right to where i need to be and something always ends up getting me deaded, then i have to restart allllllllllllllllll the way back , so i put it the game away, and i revisit it every now and then to try and get past this part and i die die die, i really like the game for what it is though, i'll restart it from scratch i guess

Haha, I hear you. Just look up a guide online if you get stuck, its waaaay better than banging your head against the wall for hours on end.
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:06 pm
Prontoid

I think it's imperative to spend some time reading up on how to approach Dark Souls...when I first got it, I didn't have the net and wasted probably 20 hours with totally the wrong approach...

Once I figured out what was going on with it, it became a whole new game..It's one of the greatest games ever...
Post Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 337, 338, 339 ... 358, 359, 360  Next