Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

leg.donor

albeeyap2 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
has anyone played through this heavy rain yet, i dont have a console but goddam that looks tempting

There's a demo available for download for ps3. Played it yesterday night and the introduction to the game grabs you quickly into the story. Some scenes in the game are great but overall it's a bit too slow for me. I wish they had a running feature because I have no patience in "walking" throughout the whole game.

if any of you are curious just download the demo and try it. i think it's fucking amazing.

i like the fact that you can't run, because that would make it unrealistic.
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
leg.donor

albeeyap2 wrote:
mancabbage wrote:
has anyone played through this heavy rain yet, i dont have a console but goddam that looks tempting

There's a demo available for download for ps3. Played it yesterday night and the introduction to the game grabs you quickly into the story. Some scenes in the game are great but overall it's a bit too slow for me. I wish they had a running feature because I have no patience in "walking" throughout the whole game.

if any of you are curious just download the demo and try it. i think it's fucking amazing.

i like the fact that you can't run, because that would make it unrealistic.
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:04 pm
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dr Sagacious

Sometimes I ask myself, "Why the fuck did you get a 360 and not a PS3?".

Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, MAG, MGS4. WHAT WAS I THINKING!@!?!
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:44 pm
Mark in Minnesota

If you're anything like me, you started out telling yourself you would get both and then deciding "fuck it" because the Sony online implementation sucks so badly.
Post Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:37 pm
Travadone

Dr Sagacious wrote:
Sometimes I ask myself, "Why the fuck did you get a 360 and not a PS3?".

Uncharted 2, Heavy Rain, MAG, MGS4. WHAT WAS I THINKING!@!?!
those are all recent games and we are years into this generation idiot. you lose
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:34 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
If you're anything like me, you started out telling yourself you would get both and then deciding "fuck it" because Halo, Mass Effect, and Fable--among other quality franchises--are, between the two systems, Microsoft-exclusive; most of the other best games are multi-platform; and among those multi-platform games the X-variations have innately better anti-aliasing, don't require hour-long system downloads, and employ a more comfortable controller. That said, you would buy a PS3 if you could afford it, because things like Ninja Gaiden 1 & 2 Sigmas, MGS4, etc are Sony-exclusive. That also said, you're happy you went with the 360 first, not only because of the aforementioned 360-exclusive catalog but because, due to the aforementioned rendering superiority, by Square-Enix's own admission FFXIII will run more easily on the 360 than on the PS3, even if, because of the necessary DVD compression, there will be a slight color-quality downgrade that will be practically imperceptible to undiscerning human eyes.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:38 am
Mark in Minnesota

I think you may have misquoted me...

Also, Tycho from Penny Arcade talked about BioShock 2 this morning.

Quote:

Bioshock tried, wherever possible, to drape its mechanics in a contextually sound mantle. The one with the two at the end inherits that work, but is happy as a general rule to make something that is less a statement than a videogame. I'm sympathetic to their plight, certainly. They were charged with making a sequel to a game that is - quite clearly - a satire of the medium and its adherents. The entertainment software I've got here ranges from good to very good. It lacks, or has done away with, its father's restless spirit; I'm wondering how much I care.

I think he played a different game than me the first time around -- which leaves me worrying about whether or not I will enjoy the second title once I get around to playing it.

EDIT: Also, I could afford a PS3 if I wanted one. I just barely have time to play through the Xbox 360 must-play titles, even intentionally skipping online play and sports franchises because of the time-sink aspects; getting a PS3 too wouldn't mean more gaming in aggregate, just less attention paid to each individual title I bought.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:45 am
Mikal kHill

Penny Arcade is awesome, but I rarely take their opinions very seriously about anything regarding videogames. The things they say about the industry usually ring much more true for me than their actual game criticism.

I was skeptical about Bioshock2 and I am enjoying it a lot.

-kHill
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:51 am
Travadone

kermy...i know ive been distant....personal issues in my life went boom...
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:57 am
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Mark in Minnesota wrote:
EDIT: Also, I could afford a PS3 if I wanted one. I just barely have time to play through the Xbox 360 must-play titles, even intentionally skipping online play and sports franchises because of the time-sink aspects; getting a PS3 too wouldn't mean more gaming in aggregate, just less attention paid to each individual title I bought.

I should have clarified that when I quoted you, I was actually giving my own rationale, not projecting one on you.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:09 pm
leg.donor

did you really just argue that the xbox360 is a technically superior machine?

god you guys are getting desperate.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:11 pm
Hellen Earth
could be a girl. could be a guy.

I think when Project Natal comes out it will be arguable the 360 is technically superior. From what I've read it's cutting edge technology, 50/50 software/hardware. Seems like it's going to be pretty amazing.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:36 pm
Disharmony

I hate video game/console snobs. Its like watching people argue over the validity of the word nerd while debating going to shop-ko to get their glasses straightened. Gamers as a whole are taking our modern day video games for granted. Every single shitty game that is produced today is leaps above what was once offered. Not only because of technical aspects, but because of devoted individuals taking the time to bring them to us on such a constant basis. We over look decent games and write them off as bad simply because they don't meet the standards of what is considered the end all be all qualities of a "Good" video game. I guess for the price you pay you want all the bang for your buck. I also understand that paying $60 for a game you're not going to play is unfortunate, but that is why they provide you with demos and rentals.

Sure, you may have had a way better time playing super mario brothers on your nintendo back in the day, but if someone handed you an xbox 360 with a copy of [insert shitty game here] you would probably cum in your pants before the start up screen even finished. I think as a whole the gaming community has been growing much like an infectious fungus. I just find it ridiculous to even compare a particular gaming console to another. People aren't paying for brand names anymore, they're paying for quality. Both systems have plenty. To say that an Xbox 360 gaming console is bad because it doesn't have a particular game you like is silly. People can't get over this weird stigma of loyalty to something that doesn't exist. "Xbox 360 sucks because they're not gonna have so and so game coming out, nah nah nah!" Well, okay. It's too bad PS3 didn't have any strong titles to offer until a year or two after they launched. Not to say it is a bad system, just bad timing.

I'm guilty myself of all the negative and pissy qualities that come along with being a video gamer. It's nice to step outside of myself and see how good I actually have it now. I can download titles without ever leaving my room. That leaves tons of more time to fill my face and think about masturbating between my load screens, which have vastly improved. I don't need a girlfriend, I can just stick a joystick up my anus and watch Laura Croft's tits kiss each other until my knees lock up and my heart hits my stomach.

I'm an Xbox360 fan. Why? Because they're fucking sexy. I won't buy a playstation 3, why? Not because it isn't sexy as hell, but because I have a console that can provide me with the love and attention I need already. Yeah, there are some titles I'd like to check out over in playstation land, but it's their fault they threw out their line with nothing but an old stinky worm on the hook. Yeah, those games were neat in their own rights, but not neat-o-nuff. When I hear "oH My gawd how cen you like Gearz of wars one ovah ... Playstation's alien shooter shit" Why you ask? Fuck you, that's why. It doesn't matter you dick shaving rock chewer. If I liked pong over Metroid would you kill yourself? Probably. Pretentiousness and video games. That's like salt and snails. Sharp instruments and hemophiliacs. Cum and hairy stomachs.

I'm an on/off gamer. I've used my xbox this year more for netflix than games. Not because the games they're producing aren't awesome, but because I lose interest in things all the time. I'm the type of person who will start to kill themselves by drawing pictures of dolphins fornicating into my wrist with a razor while running a hot bath and then stop mid slice to go pick up a new carrot peeler for a new stew I've been meaning to try out.

I'm not really sure what I am trying to say. But something along the lines of stop debating PS3s and Xboxs. Try debating Catalogs and phone books instead.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:59 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

i just got the new alien vs predator game and this is the shit!
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:47 pm
leg.donor

did you really just write a page about how it's not cool to debate between ps3 and xbox?

let us have our fun man, half of us aren't really taking it that seriously.

and by the way.. choosing an apple product because it's sexy, that makese sense, completely.

but xbox over ps3? what? the xbox is clearly marketed towards the teenage market (hey ! awesome my controller has multi colored buttons and is shaped like the steering wheel of a jedi spacecraft!)

the ps3 has a much more sophisticated look... just so you know.
Post Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:17 pm

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 358, 359, 360  Next