Search
Register
THE Video Game Discussion Thread
View previous topic | View next topic >

Strange Famous Forum > The General Forum

Captiv8

Prontoid wrote:
Playing I am Alive currently - I like what they are trying to do here but probably too much climbing for my liking

I've heard very interesting things about Spec Ops: The Line..apparently the story is quite mature

I really want I Am Alive but I'm waiting for it to be a deal of the week. My backlog is too full to justify the purchase.

And I am loving the continuity between all of the Mass Effect games. Mad tension between Ashley, who I shunned, and Liara, who I made and interstellar baby with. I'm angling for Ashley this time around though, but she's all comatose on me.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:42 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Just started playing On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode One. So far, I'm underwhelmed. The battle mechanics are unintuitive, moving the joystick while performing an action in the overworld cancels the action, and the majority of the humor so far is badly delivered or lazily written. I hope things turn better.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:07 pm
Mark in Minnesota

breakreep wrote:
Just started playing On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode One. So far, I'm underwhelmed. The battle mechanics are unintuitive, moving the joystick while performing an action in the overworld cancels the action, and the majority of the humor so far is badly delivered or lazily written. I hope things turn better.

I felt like it was a slow start but did get gradually more fun as I advanced, got used to the quirks of the controls, etc. I had no urge to replay it and never got very far at all into the second one.

I'm going to play the third one eventually, though--it's a radically different approach than the first two.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:27 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

I decided to try this because I saw screenshots of the third one. I wasn't expecting this. I think that's a big part of my disappointment.
Post Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:52 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

this is the only MMO that looks good to me, finally!!!!!!!!they make something good, this is actually how i want a dead island type game to look like

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/19/the-war-z-a-new-zombie-survival-experience?utm_campaign=ign+main+twitter&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

in other news Tony Hawk Hd is actually reaaaallly awesome, especially if you played the originals, i was worried about the gameplay since im so used to the SKATE series but i got sorta back after playin a couple trials and they even changed the physics a bit so you can actually do frontside flips and backside flips and when you land it feels right, its hard to explain unless you are into skateboarding

Silent Hill 2 Hd , this game is realllllly growing on me now, i just love its originality, and the way the game looks and feels, even though its confusing as fuck in some areas, this is a game im just taking my time with and im enjoying it, im probally not far at all, i just got slightly passed the pyramid head freak with the berserk sword , im hoping there are plenty of surprises ahead of me

Last edited by Neuro on Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:04 am
Captiv8

Glad you're enjoying Silent Hill 2. It's not a long game by any means (you can beat it in less than 3 hours) but it has a lot of depth in other departments. I would like to see Alan Wake get the same series run as SH, but the second installment moving to arcade isn't a good sign. Ah well. Survivor horror is a sweet genre though. You might want to check out a lowkey gem, Deadly Premonition.
Post Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:45 pm
breakreep
homophobic yet curious

Pushed on through Penny Arcade Episode 1, and it got a lot better shortly after the point that caused me to make my post. The end was very entertaining, if not exactly good and certainly not great.

Now I'm on Episode 2, and at this early stage it's about as disappointing as Episode 1 was at the equivalent point in time. These apparently start out really fucking slow.

Also, I downloaded Episode 3 yesterday, but I had to go through some weird website on my computer to do it. Why the fuck isn't it listed on XBL on my TV right next to Episodes 1 and 2? After discovering this weird fucking downloading setup, I'm scared what other fun games I may be missing out on because they're not listed on my TV screen.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:37 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

best buy is having a summer blowout sale on select games so i scooped deus ex for 10 bucks, seemed like a deal i couldnt pass up, havent started it yet, but ive heard plenty of good stuff about this,
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:42 pm
Captiv8

I think you'll enjoy it. It's like a cyberpunk Rage without driving.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:46 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

is it kinda open-world?
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 pm
Bring that Beat Back

Am I the only one who could go for a good old game of Burgertime right about now?

Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:20 pm
Z-0

finished Silent Hill 2 again (HD version). it was just as wonderful as i remembered the original being, even with the changes to the music and some slight technical hiccups. however i just started SH3HD and even with the patch it is broken. a horrible mess with missing animations, framerate stalls, audio dropouts, massive audio syncing issues, control response issues...a mess.
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:38 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

ps3 better get their shit together, wasnt it originally ps2 only? how did they fuck it up on that cause 360's version seems fine from what ive read, still have a long ways to go before i get to SH3, i'll see
Post Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:42 pm
Neuro
A champion of Kurtis SP

is clint eastwood the voice for the main character in deus ex: hr
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:01 am
Z-0

Neuro wrote:
ps3 better get their shit together, wasnt it originally ps2 only? how did they fuck it up on that cause 360's version seems fine from what ive read, still have a long ways to go before i get to SH3, i'll see

the argument presented by hijinx (from what i've read) is that konami lost or didnt save the final code for either game so they had to "fill in the gaps" as it were using unfinished code. they also indicated that reverse engineering the code from disc was not possible, though bluepoint apparently did it for the Metal Gear Solid HD upgrade (which is excellent) without any issues.

i'll say that once the patch is installed (on PS3) SH2HD is excellent. there are still some issues with framerate, audio syncing, and fog density (apparently due to the PS3 not having the specific hardware capability to render it as the PS2 had). and the rerecorded soundtrack is not a patch on the original.

it remains an incredible game even in its somewhat muted form.

it would be nice if developers paid as much attention to HD upgrades as sony have done with SotC and ICO, and with the GoW series.
Post Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:58 am

Jump to:  
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 345, 346, 347  Next